The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Dk ranged build?

lord_dal
lord_dal
✭✭✭
hi, atm I have one char of ea class, but the DK, simply because when I looked at the class skills, most of them are "melee" ranged, and Im more of a caster class person, but I like all the other classes, and I have been playing since launch, but I still dont call any of them my main, so I thougt why not give the DK a try.
any tips for a ranged dk build, with staff or bow, for mostly solo/lvling, but still with some group support, grateful for any ideas and suggestions:)
  • Magdalina
    Magdalina
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    My baby DK is only vet 1 but from what I see, all (good) endgame DK caster dps indeed have to stay in melee range from boss to do their OP damage.

Of course, there's always weaving Crushing shock(morph or Force shock or whatever it's called in destro staff skilltree) with light attacks at range, but I don't think it's all that effective for a DK.

Can't say much about bow because the only endgame DKs without staves I see are tanks...and even those run around with staves occasionally xD
  • xMovingTarget
    xMovingTarget
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There is no Range DPS Only Build available for DK. Of course you can do range DPS. but you will be far more effective if you stay on melee/mid range.

If you need help for a general DK DPS Build, you can use this or just use it as starting Template. Works best for me right now since update 4 tho.

http://youtu.be/tOb-Woujvm8
    Edited by xMovingTarget on November 24, 2014 5:48PM
  • lord_dal
    lord_dal
    ✭✭✭
    I was afraid so cause the lack of ranged skills,was just thinking a ranged dps/support build would have been fun, since there are some really cool dk skills:)
  • boggie
    boggie
    ✭✭✭
    Right now, short range is one of the few real weaknesses that DK's have. I'm ok with this. Their other strengths more than make up for it.
  • Surfinginhawaii
    Surfinginhawaii
    ✭✭✭
    There is no Range DPS Only Build available for DK. Of course you can do range DPS. but you will be far more effective if you stay on melee/mid range.

If you need help for a general DK DPS Build, you can use this or just use it as starting Template. Works best for me right now since update 4 tho.

http://youtu.be/tOb-Woujvm8

I like the video and I think I'll try this build. How do you think it would work with a DK Nord? Thanks!