The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Combat mechanic weakness

Kypho
Kypho
✭✭✭✭
Is there a post what is collecting issues in combat mechanics?
Like:

- Fear doesnt give immunity if you don't break it
- Charge makes you stop from moving from range
- Lethal arrow healing debuff stacks
- Aoe spam makes fighting irrelevant, just make a lagforce and spam unblockable aoe spam
- Insane Block holding + spamming
- Purge makes some skills tick twice as fast makes some skills doing insane dmg. Defensive skill what killing you...
- Cloak issues
- Weapon swap is still not efficient enough
- Inner Light and Master Ritualist are not working for Templars (?)
etc.
Edited by Kypho on November 23, 2014 4:31PM
  • Rylana
    Rylana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I died eight times tonight on my templar

of those eight times, five were directly attributable to the fact my weapons would not swap

might i have still died? maybe, but a clutch heal/shield can make all of the difference when your healer is being focus fired on (especially when i know full well 2 of the times i died i would have escaped/gotten inside a safer area had i been able to refresh blazing or something else.)

i ragequit the templar because until weapon swapping is 100 percent smooth, the toon just cant function as it is built.
    Edited by Rylana on November 23, 2014 8:32AM
    @rylanadionysis == Closed Beta Tester October 2013 == Retired October 2016 == Uninstalled @ One Tamriel Release == Inactive Indefinitely
    Ebonheart Pact: Lyzara Dionysis - Sorc - AR 37 (Former Empress of Blackwater Blade and Haderus) == Shondra Dionysis - Temp - AR 23 == Arrianaya Dionysis - DK - AR 17
    Aldmeri Dominion: Rylana Dionysis - DK - AR 25 == Kailiana - NB - AR 21 == Minerva Dionysis - Temp - AR 21 == Victoria Dionysis - Sorc - AR 13
    Daggerfall Covenant: Dannika Dionysis - DK - AR 21 == The Catman Rises - Temp - AR 15 (Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade)
    Forum LOL Champion (retired) == Black Belt in Ballista-Fu == The Last Vice Member == Praise Cheesus == Electro-Goblin
  • Kypho
    Kypho
    ✭✭✭✭
    Weapon swap is a pain. Sometimes you push, nothing happens, you push again, and game swapping twice so you end up like you did nothing lawl.
  • Kypho
    Kypho
    ✭✭✭✭
    btw where is the post about purge? :o
  • Rylana
    Rylana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kypho wrote: »

Got hidden by mods, from what I heard. Still there for dev review but I guess zos doesnt want more people knowing about it til its fixed.
    @rylanadionysis == Closed Beta Tester October 2013 == Retired October 2016 == Uninstalled @ One Tamriel Release == Inactive Indefinitely
    Ebonheart Pact: Lyzara Dionysis - Sorc - AR 37 (Former Empress of Blackwater Blade and Haderus) == Shondra Dionysis - Temp - AR 23 == Arrianaya Dionysis - DK - AR 17
    Aldmeri Dominion: Rylana Dionysis - DK - AR 25 == Kailiana - NB - AR 21 == Minerva Dionysis - Temp - AR 21 == Victoria Dionysis - Sorc - AR 13
    Daggerfall Covenant: Dannika Dionysis - DK - AR 21 == The Catman Rises - Temp - AR 15 (Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade)
    Forum LOL Champion (retired) == Black Belt in Ballista-Fu == The Last Vice Member == Praise Cheesus == Electro-Goblin
  • Kypho
    Kypho
    ✭✭✭✭
    Rylana wrote: »

Got hidden by mods, from what I heard. Still there for dev review but I guess zos doesnt want more people knowing about it til its fixed.

Hmm looks like: "ohh they found it! lets remove the post.... ok. problem fixed" :D
    I hope most ppl did read it and know what it does. I think ppl have the right to know about it. Hidding it wont help much, because ppl could avoid it by not using purge till they fixing it. They do again opposite thing what would be good. now those who dont know about it, will think the opponent exploiting somehow.
    Edited by Kypho on November 23, 2014 8:43AM
  • Kypho
    Kypho
    ✭✭✭✭
    Maybe they just hide it because they told how to reproduce it, still its 2 way bug. not one sided exploit, its a bug.
  • smee_z
    smee_z
    ✭✭✭
    Got a weird message when I tried to switch weapons with a large battle happening at Ash.

'Cannot switch gear'

WTF?! I just want to switch to my other weapon and not put on a different armor piece!
    PC NA

Games are meant to be played.

Back in Auriel's Bow 1.0, I have thought that the best way to handicap a faction with the HUGE pop advantage is to temporarily disable their grouping functionality and their ability to fight in 3rd person point of view! Let's see if these do not even up the odds.
  • dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Inner Light and Master Ritualist are not working for Templars last I checked.
    US/AD - Dodge Hopper - Vet Imperial Templar | US/AD - Goj-ei-Raj - Vet Argonian Nightblade
    US/AD - Arondonimo - Vet Altmer Sorcerer | US/AD - Azumarax - Vet Dunmer Dragon Knight
    US/AD - Barkan al-Sheharesh - Vet Redguard Dragon Knight | US/AD - Aelus Vortavoriil - Vet Altmer Templar
    US/AD - Shirari Qa'Dar - Vet Khajiit Nightblade | US/AD - Ndvari Mzunchvolenthumz - Vet Bosmer Nightblade
    US/EP - Yngmar - Vet Nord Dragon Knight | US/EP - Reloth Ur Fyr - Vet Dunmer Sorcerer
    US/DC - Muiredeach - Vet Breton Sorcerer | US/DC - Nachtrabe - Vet Orc Nightblade
    EU/DC - Dragol gro-Unglak - Vet Orc Dragon Knight | EU/DC - Targan al-Barkan - Vet Redguard Templar
    EU/DC - Wuthmir - Vet Nord Sorcerer | EU/DC - Kosh Ragotoro - Vet Khajiit Nightblade
    <And plenty more>
  • Agrippa_Invisus
    Agrippa_Invisus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Rylana wrote: »
    I died eight times tonight on my templar

of those eight times, five were directly attributable to the fact my weapons would not swap

might i have still died? maybe, but a clutch heal/shield can make all of the difference when your healer is being focus fired on (especially when i know full well 2 of the times i died i would have escaped/gotten inside a safer area had i been able to refresh blazing or something else.)

i ragequit the templar because until weapon swapping is 100 percent smooth, the toon just cant function as it is built.

I do believe we helped you with a few of those deaths. Glad to be of service. ;)
    Agrippa Invisus / Indominus / Inprimis / Inviolatus
    DragonKnight / Templar / Warden / Sorcerer - Vagabond
    Once a General, now a Citizen
    Former Emperor of Bloodthorn and Vivec
    For Sweetrolls! FOR FIMIAN!
  • Poxheart
    Poxheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    smee_z wrote: »
    Got a weird message when I tried to switch weapons with a large battle happening at Ash.

'Cannot switch gear'

WTF?! I just want to switch to my other weapon and not put on a different armor piece!

When this happens you can correct the situation by opening your inventory and then clicking the weapon switch icon on your paperdoll.
    Unsubbed and no longer playing, but still checking the Alliance War forum for the lulz.

Pox Dragon Knight
    Poxheart Nightblade
    The Murder Hobo Dragon Knight - Blackwater Blade
    Knights of the WhiteWolf
  • Tripwyr
    Tripwyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [...]
    - Purge makes some skills tick twice as fast makes some skills doing insane dmg. Defensive skill what killing you...

The charge root will never be fixed, it is a necessary mechanic to ensure that charge actually puts you next to your target instead of flinging you off several meters away. This compensates for server lag, animation lag, etc.

The Purge issue is known, I'm sure they are working on it.
    Alacrity Founder | Forum Emperor
    World First Veteran Dragonstar Arena

Tripwyr Manawrath - AD NA Sorcerer, Former Emperor of Haderus; Former Emperor of Hopesfire, First Cycle
    Tripwyr Flamewrath - AD NA Dragon Knight, Former Emperor of Thornblade, First Cycle
    Imperial Tripwyr - AD NA Templar, Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade
    Ripwyr - DC NA Templar
    Nyrv - EP NA Sorcerer

I am of the firm opinion that subtracting "raging stupidity" from anyone's voice can only cause them to sound more like myself.
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    i had no idea purge made skills tick twice as fast.

thats just nice. add another thing to the list of things ZOS needs to fix
    Edited by Cody on November 23, 2014 5:18PM
  • Kypho
    Kypho
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tripwyr wrote: »
    [...]

The charge root will never be fixed, it is a necessary mechanic to ensure that charge actually puts you next to your target instead of flinging you off several meters away. This compensates for server lag, animation lag, etc.

The Purge issue is known, I'm sure they are working on it.

Well critical charge ensures to hit the target without rooting
  • Subtomik
    Subtomik
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cody wrote: »
    i had no idea purge made skills tick twice as fast.

thats just nice. add another thing to the list of things ZOS needs to fix

Still need a lot more testing but can confirm it on all ground based AOE's I have as a templar in my arsenal, plus Blockade of fire/unstable wall as well the burning procs from fire weapons/fire rings
  • hehekta
    hehekta
    How about "stuck in combat mode"? You can't hide, and you can't ride horse, and you can't use keep portals. That mode randomly happening even when you far from battle.
  • JaJaLuka
    JaJaLuka
    ✭✭✭✭
    Also:

-When you get charged at, you get hitched in one spot (today I was getting hit with lethal arrows while I waited for someone to hit me with a charge).
    -You can still spam skills when your invisible during batswarm (morph).
    -Templar perma-stun :neutral_face: .

Too tired to try to think of any more, any others to add to the list?
    Edited by JaJaLuka on November 24, 2014 1:33PM
    Krojick, DC Sorc PC NA
    Milámber, EP Sorc PC NA
    Brunack, EP DK PC NA
    General Mark Shephard, EP Temp PC NA (Worst temp NA XD )
    Krojick Nightblade, DC NB PC NA
    Others...
  • Teargrants
    Teargrants
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Don't forget the bug that breaks tab target and prevents you from using any single target skills until you tap 'esc' 2x. Been in the game since launch, never acknowledged, never fixed.
    POST EQVITEM SEDET ATRA CVRA
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
    EP ※ Teargrants ※
    EP ※ Kissgrants ※
    DC ※ Kirsi ※
    Vehemence Council
    #JustOutOfRenderRange
    ~Teargrants YouTube~
    ┬┴┬┴┤(・_├┬┴┬┴