The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Ideas for Alliance War

Firellight
Firellight
✭✭✭
Just some stuff I wrote down. Keep reading for disguises and locks/passwords.

Resources: +1.
Outposts: +2.
Keeps: +3.
Scrolls: +4.
Refresh Rate: 1 hour.
**When something has been captured, the points gained during a refresh can only be obtained for 5 refreshes (5 hours), and then the points are no longer gained. Second and third place alliances are exempt. The refresh count resets if the flag/scroll is lost.

Farm:
All NPCs at level 50. +1 VR per level. Other bonuses unchanged.
Mine:
Lumbermill:
Keep:
All NPCs at level 50. +1 VR per level of all three resources. Other bonuses unchanged.

Alliance Points:
+1 If nearby enemy player is killed.
+50 upon capturing a flag.
+100 When capturing a home keep.
+500 When a scroll is captured.

Rank Up:
+500 AP required to rank from 1-10 (500 for 1, 1000 for 2, etc.)
+10000 AP per rank from 11+.

Bonuses:

Home Keep Bonus:
+5% Exp, AP and Gold gained.

Enemy Keep Bonus:
+1% Exp, AP and Gold gained per keep.
+1% Max Magicka/Stamina per keep.

Defensive Scroll Bonus:
1: +5% Magic Resistance.
2: +5% Armour.

Offensive Scroll Bonus:
1: +5% Weapon Power
2: +5% Spell Power

Emperorship Bonus:
+25% Health PvE, +10% Health PvP.

Skill Lines:

Assault:
Unchanged.

Support:
Unchanged.

Emporer:
Emporer: Increases Health, Stamina and Magicka by 50%. Increases group members' Health by 15%. Does not affect former emporers.

Scrolls:
Ally players can pick up their own scrolls and transfer them wherever. Only one of the top ten players in the alliance can do so, to prevent exploits.

Disguise:
Chests in certain enemy areas (such as mines) may provide disguises that will change a person's armour to an NPC guard of that faction, and also their IGN to the guard. It is up to enemy players to figure out if they are players or not (race, weapon, suspiciously moving around, anything that doesn't seem right). Disguised players may enter keeps, outposts and gates. Sneaking does not make you invisible while wearing the disguise.

Locks and Passwords:
Guilds can make a keep or gate require a key or password, and make certain NPCs have the knowledge or items. It is risky, because disguised players can investigate to get through, by either discovering the right password among the NPCs near the keep (there can be decoy passwords), or finding the right guard and looting the key (they can only be looted by disguised players who have the infiltration quest). Any enemy player can participate, as long as they wait for the NPCs involved respawn.
Edited by Firellight on November 22, 2014 5:35PM
  • Roechacca
    Roechacca
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I just mentioned the disguise idea in another thread . Feelin like a little thunder was stolen but then I realized its a very abuse prone idea so it's all yours bud !

On the other stuff ... MATH Ouch !
  • Firellight
    Firellight
    ✭✭✭
    roechacca wrote: »
    I just mentioned the disguise idea in another thread . Feelin like a little thunder was stolen but then I realized its a very abuse prone idea so it's all yours bud !

If AD has a scroll at Faregyl, it's their responsibility to protect it. Keep the place locked at all times, and make sure that other factions are not running around looking for the guard with the key. Also, it's a good idea to have their scouts check for suspicious players while they scout. I try to make sure that every idea I have is exploit-proof.

Btw, I made a similar thread all the way back in April, and I mentioned PvP disguises. The paragraph here is just a revision.
    Edited by Firellight on November 22, 2014 5:50PM
  • Roechacca
    Roechacca
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Firellight wrote: »

If AD has a scroll at Faregyl, it's their responsibility to protect it. Keep the place locked at all times, and make sure that other factions are not running around looking for the guard with the key. Also, it's a good idea to have their scouts check for suspicious players while they scout. I try to make sure that every idea I have is exploit-proof.

Btw, I made a similar thread all the way back in April, and I mentioned PvP disguises. The paragraph here is just a revision.

Ya but experienced pvpers are gonna be like , "why do we have 20 Xtra npc guards today ? Hmmmm" But if they add in a Arrest and Interogate option I'm all in . Getmo RP ftw .
  • Firellight
    Firellight
    ✭✭✭
    Ya but experienced pvpers are gonna be like , "why do we have 20 Xtra npc guards today ? Hmmmm" But if they add in a Arrest and Interogate option I'm all in . Getmo RP ftw .

I'm sure if 20 people were at it, they'd be caught before they get their disguise. If the guild used a keylock, then the NPC who has the key can only provide a key to one player at a time. Others have to wait for the respawn to get it again. If an entire group manages to get their own key, it's the alliance's fault that they didn't suspect 20 people spending maybe 10 minutes or longer looting an NPC.
    Edited by Firellight on November 22, 2014 6:01PM
  • FluffiestOne
    FluffiestOne
    ✭✭✭✭
    Or Naw.
    Fluffy
    Senior Fluffykins, Daggerfall Liberator of Haderus, Dragonknight.
    Fliffers, Daggerfall Liberator of Hopesfire, Templar.
    Prophet Fluffy of Death, Casual of the Dominion, Sorceror.
    Nozdorumu The Timeless, Daggerfall. Dragon. Nightblade.
    All my toon names are subject to change.
    " Ignorance must be bliss because I can't imagine why anyone would live in it. " -Fluffy
  • Suru
    Suru
    ✭✭✭✭
    Or Naw.

and Sunrest.

Suru
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    how about the emperor gets NO bonuses in PvE? i myself like that idea
    Edited by Cody on November 23, 2014 3:11AM
  • Firellight
    Firellight
    ✭✭✭
    Cody wrote: »
    how about the emperor gets NO bonuses in PvE? i myself like that idea
    Not sure if others like that idea. It does give them advantages in competitive features, so I agree until somebody can make a nice counterargument.

Here's another idea:
    People can use a scout form within a keep area, and they will be notified (chat log, message on screen, etc.) how many enemy players are in the area. This can help build strategies for stealth sieges.

Part of the point of these ideas is to replace the boards missions with built-in features.
  • Jaxsun
    Jaxsun
    ✭✭✭✭
    I like the disguise and password idea very much. The other stuff I can't remember how it's currently calc'd so not sure.