The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Grouping tool for Alliances

Messy1
Messy1
✭✭✭✭✭
Alliances need more in game tools for organizing groups in Cyrodil. It would be great if each alliance had a menu that kept track of the various groups in Cyrodil that way if I go into Cyrodil and want to join my guild group I just have to right click on the group name and ask for an invite. Or say I am just looking to pickup then I join the group that best fits my goals and play style

An example of a way this could be done is as follows:
Group Name: Daggerfall Covenant Main Force
Type: Siege
Description: We are the force that will assault keeps
or
Group Name: Ebonheart Pact Generic Guild
Type: Resource assault
Description: We are the force that will take resources around a keep then help out with the siege
or
Group Name: Aldmeri Dominion Marines
Type: Elder Scroll Assault
Description: We will be attacking this [elder scroll name] position

For each field in the group information would be optional so there would always be the option to mark Type: Unknown Group Name: Unknown Description: N/A and these would be the defaults until the group leader changes them.

Why would this be useful? Alliances would be better able to coordinate groups and strategy. Leaders in the alliance PvP fight would be able to quickly assess what groups are in Cyrodil and make suggestions as to how best organize forces. It would be a genuinely valuable tool for pickup folks and organized guild folks. Let's say I go into Cyrodil and I want to hunt skyshards and quest, I just go to the group menu find a group with the relevant description and then ask to join. Or if not such group exists I start my own. I am hesitant to suggest a grouping tool for Cyrodil because the grouping tool in the rest of Tamriel seems so problematic, but this would be a really nice feature.
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would be nice if a raid could be organized. That way the leader could instruct Group # be committed to task A while the other groups did something else.
  • Messy1
    Messy1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ackwalan wrote: »
    It would be nice if a raid could be organized. That way the leader could instruct Group # be committed to task A while the other groups did something else.

Yes, as of now, you have to know someone in the other groups to coordinate with them through team speak or /tells. A group menu would at least give a framework so a strategy could be implemented more easily, it would also help new players in Cyrodil make sense of how to join a group.
  • Yolokin_Swagonborn
    Yolokin_Swagonborn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would like a faction wide chat option specifically for the alliance campaign.

This would be a global zone chat for everyone in your faction that has a PvP server selected. It could be further narrowed down by campaign but I would like to read all campaigns so that people starting a push on a more obscure server could get more people.

This would unify the faction and even if I was playing PvE, i would be able to get reports on cyrodiil and calls to action.
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    just be careful about spies.