The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Orc passive skills Swift

Nirnroot
Nirnroot
✭✭✭
In the passive skills of Orc (Swift) read: "Increase damage on Charge attacks by X%."

Someone can explain me what are these "Charge attacks" ???
_-_
  • Garetth
    Garetth
    ✭✭✭✭
    Those are attacks like invasion, focused charge, etc. which can be initiated from range and take you up close and personal to the target.
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Charge attacks are attacks where the skill causes you to charge at the enemy.

My Orc Nightblade will get the bonus on Teleport strike, because that charges me at the enemy.
    An Orc Templar would get it on Focused Charge.
    An Orc DK would get it on Dragon Leap.
    And I think an Orc Sorc gets it on Bolt Escape.
    People believe what they either want to be true or what they are afraid is true!
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Mind what people Do, not what they say, for actions betray a lie.
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self
    Wizard's tenth rule
  • Nirnroot
    Nirnroot
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you for your reply. But it is impossible to figure out at what skills I get this bonus? For example, how do you know that "Orc nightblade will get the bonus on Teleport strike"? how you checked it?
    _-_
  • Chufu
    Chufu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    And the Twohand skill is affected by this Orc passive.

Which class is your orc, @Nirnroot?
  • timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I guess you kind of have to be able to understand what a charge is in the game. It essentially means gap closer.
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

• AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nirnroot wrote: »
    Thank you for your reply. But it is impossible to figure out at what skills I get this bonus? For example, how do you know that "Orc nightblade will get the bonus on Teleport strike"? how you checked it?

Well I play a Nightblade, so I know it's a charge attack, actually I play all four classes. But for someone reading the skill descriptions it's very hard to know.

Basically if you click on the skill and it throws you at the enemy then it's a charge attack. But the decriptions are a bit weak on the details. It helps if you see it being used, then you know if it's a charge attack.

Otherwise it's either play the class and try it, or guess. I know not exactly the most useful answer, but it's all I've got, sorry.
    People believe what they either want to be true or what they are afraid is true!
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Mind what people Do, not what they say, for actions betray a lie.
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self
    Wizard's tenth rule