Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

GreyWolves get Veteran City of Ash Deadly Assassin (speed run)

Koga
Koga
✭✭
Here is a video of our speed run last night on Veteran City of Ash. We got it with a bugged Flame Atronach hitting us and keeping us in combat towards the end. We quite literally had to cut a few corners but this SOB is tough.

Staring:

Jeremy as Xaraan - Tank, Imperial Nightblade
Manny as Mojican - Healer, Imperial Templar
Tanner as Magnus - DPS, Altmer Sorcerer
Rob as Koga - DPS, Altmer Sorcerer

With Special appearances from: The Undaunted head and shoulders sets.

Tali the healing totem of love
Chris the Lych Crystal
Ash the Meteor
Xaraan's inner Helga (best we could come up with for his helmet procs turning him to stone)

Enjoy

https://youtube.com/watch?v=PmxWPceE4g0

(Moved to PVE from General Discusion)
Koga
Greywolves
V14 Sorc dps • V14 Templar Heals• V14 DK Tank• V14 NB dps
  • jeeves3krwb17_ESO
    jeeves3krwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Um? Who doesn't have that achievement by now.... most people I know have had that place on sub 30min farm runs for the boss helm since a week or so after release.....

Some of the runs are even hard mode, speed, deathless runs lol :).
    Edited by jeeves3krwb17_ESO on November 20, 2014 12:41AM
    Drake Silvermane - Dunmer Templar - Flawless - Former Emperor

WTB - ping below 350.
  • Koga
    Koga
    ✭✭
    Congratulations to all your friends that got it too. with friends like that you should have no problem getting the Deadlands Adepot title too ;-)

j/k

We all got the Deadlands Adept title. Just wanted to share the video for those that are still trying to find where to shave off a few minutes.
    Edited by Koga on November 20, 2014 12:56AM
    Koga
    Greywolves
  • xaraan
    xaraan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Um? Who doesn't have that achievement by now.... most people I know have had that place on sub 30min farm runs for the boss helm since a week or so after release.....

Some of the runs are even hard mode, speed, deathless runs lol :).

you are but words
    -- @xaraan --
    nightblade: Xaraan templar: Xaraan-dar dragon-knight: Xaraanosaurus necromancer: Xaraan-qa warden: Xaraanodon sorcerer: Xaraan-ra
    AD • NA • PC
  • jeeves3krwb17_ESO
    jeeves3krwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Alll of the bosses in CoA are easy when you know their strat, I think SC ghost boss is definitely more tricky than anything in CoA.

CoA bosses:

1st boss dont stand in fire and aoe adds.
    2nd boss dont stand in ground pound and aoe adds
    3rd boss hold block from small fire, dont stand in big fire. Kills adds
    4th boss interupt aoe, aoe adds
    Last boss, all stack in middle while tank stands on outer, dont stand in fire. Aoe adds

see a theme? Zos really needs to expand its repertoire. Didnt mean to sound rude but dont quite understand how thats an achievement. Dead lands title... would rather keep vet dsa one thanks.

Edited by jeeves3krwb17_ESO on November 20, 2014 2:02AM

WTB - ping below 350.
  • xaraan
    xaraan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is literally an achievement to do the speed run. Actually thought the speed run was harder than anything else just b/c you have to haul ass and worry about not bugging out the flame ats.

Do you have the deadlands adept title? If not, saying you know people that have it, means nothing. And really saying what you said even if you have the title means you are just trying to crap on someone else's good time.

Agreed that some of the scaled up bosses are harder than city of ash.
    -- @xaraan --
    nightblade: Xaraan templar: Xaraan-dar dragon-knight: Xaraanosaurus necromancer: Xaraan-qa warden: Xaraanodon sorcerer: Xaraan-ra
    AD • NA • PC
  • s7732425ub17_ESO
    s7732425ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for sharing the video- it was really good. Also, don't listen to the naysayers- City of Ash is pretty difficult to do, and completing it in 33 minutes with no deaths is really, really good.
  • iliatha
    iliatha
    ✭✭✭
    yea its difficult if at least one DD does suck that hard. i mean dps and "rotation" is a joke, sorry.
  • G0ku
    G0ku
    ✭✭✭✭
    Congrats on that.

I don´t find city of ash difficult to do compared to other veteran dungeons. But we haven´t done the no death and speed run until yet due to lack of time.

We were a little disappointed when we could finish it on our first run. We expected it to be as hard as was Crypt of Hearts when it first came out.
    - First AD EU Group to finish DSA VET -
    AD Altmer V16 Templar Alliance Rank 30 - EU - DSA Conqueror (pre-nerf) flawless vMSA
    AD Argonian V16 Dragonknight Alliance Rank 15
    AD Bosmer V16 Nightblade Alliance Rank 16
    AD Kahjiit V16 Sorcerer Alliance Rank 10
    AD Dunmer V16 Dragonknight Alliance Rank 9
    AD Altmer V16 Templar Alliance Rank 10 - flawless vMSA
    DC Altmer V16 Sorcerer Alliance Rank 9 - flawless vMSA
    AD Breton V16 Templar Alliance Rank 10
    AD Altmer V16 Sorceress Alliance Rank 21
    AD Kahjiit Warden
    AD Altmer Nightblade
  • xaraan
    xaraan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yea, some of the other scaled up dungeons are harder than Crypt or City of Ash IMO. Actually, some of the boss fights in those dungeons are harder than most of the levels in vet Arena. I feel for some groups that pug it or just aren't made up of min-maxers.

We also 3-manned crypt of hearts back at V12

http://youtu.be/MYcuw8nKyaQ

I enjoy Crypt and City, but some of the mechanics in the scaled up vet dungeons are a bit crazy. We do them no problem, but they are less fun.
    -- @xaraan --
    AD • NA • PC
  • xaraan
    xaraan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yea its difficult if at least one DD does suck that hard. i mean dps and "rotation" is a joke, sorry.

Don't really understand what you mean. You talking about one of our guys? They do excellent DPS. I tank for these guys all the time and wouldn't run with anyone else. We've been able to do all the four man content in the game (exception is final boss in vet arena where it's my fault as a NB tank not having a solid self heal). I see a lot of people talk a good game, brag about this and that - but when it comes time to put up or shut up, they don't have the ability to hang in a dungeon run. What your dps is on a mammoth or in trials where you stack and burn, means nothing -- way too many cherry pick their numbers. It's how you work with a team, not tax the healer, deal with side mobs, stay out of crap, etc.
    -- @xaraan --
    AD • NA • PC
  • ericprydz82ub17_ESO
    First off, ditch Crystal Frag for Evil Hunter in the Fighter's Guild line. The whole place is undead/daedra. Second, put Spell Symmetry on your bar.

Those 2 changes alone will greatly improve your dps in there and your clear time.
    -Pryda - Ebonheart Pact XB1 NA
    World first HelRa Hardmode player.
    GT: Bootleg Mix
  • yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good Job guys. No matter what anyone says, there is an achievement for doing what you did and not everyone can do it.
    Tl;dr really weigh the fun you have in game vs the business practices you are supporting.
  • rophez_ESO
    rophez_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for sharing. My guild usually only can field 3 guys at a time, and it helps to see how others optimize so that we can always be sure to be solid 3 + a pug.
  • leandro.800ub17_ESO
    leandro.800ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nice. Seeing it like this makes it look easy.
    I tried but took us along time and could not pass 3rd boss
  • manny254
    manny254
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    First off, ditch Crystal Frag for Evil Hunter in the Fighter's Guild line. The whole place is undead/daedra. Second, put Spell Symmetry on your bar.

Those 2 changes alone will greatly improve your dps in there and your clear time.

Everything you say is ignored the instant you say spell symmetry to someone who primarily does vet dungeons.

- Mojican
  • Koga
    Koga
    ✭✭
    Granted evil hunter does add considerable dps on this and other deadra/undead dungeons. It is usually on my bar where i have lightning form, sorry but i like my christal frags too much.

As far as spell symetry is concern. Altho the might of the guild proc would increase dps the risk of death and tax on the healers magicka is far greater.

Understand the we each have a tank a healer and a dps or 2 at vet 14. And we play together a lot specifically ruining 4 man content.

What works for our group may not work for all.

That said, it sure got the job done.

Thanks to all of you that said grats. And good luck in your dungeon runs.

Undaunted. Undaunted!
    Koga
    Greywolves
  • jeeves3krwb17_ESO
    jeeves3krwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    manny254 wrote: »

Everything you say is ignored the instant you say spell symmetry to someone who primarily does vet dungeons.

I am sorry but I dont understand. To me it reads that you are saying spell sym is bad in vet dungeons?

Spell sym timed correctly isnt a tax on a healer at all, dmg = mitgation. Dead things dont hit back, etc.

if I was running a vet dungeon and someone wasnt using spell sym I would be asking them why...
    Edited by jeeves3krwb17_ESO on November 20, 2014 9:43PM

WTB - ping below 350.
  • xaraan
    xaraan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Well, I'm not the dps guy, but pretty sure he runs evil hunter on his secondary bar and keeps both that and crit surge up. Spell symmetry - not a fan of that myself as a user or a healer. The one guy I've run with that uses it is annoying and ends up hurting the group dynamic because he is always needing heals - so essentially what he is doing is taking mana from the templar (who needs mana too).

Also, when you finish symmetry, it's not like the mobs are all dead, especially in a boss fight. There is still a lot of damage being dished out that will need to be healed/avoided just to support you. tbh it sounds more like you are used to stacking in a veil with a templar or two healing you through trials and not playing a lot of high level vet dungeons. I mean, you honestly sound just like the guy that runs symmetry that we've played with, oddly parroting the same comments (as if you watched the same youtuber, read the same build, or were told how to build by the same person for example).

But, as for what symmetry does - it's mana management. Means you are casting that instead of something else that does actual dps. So it gives your next spell less cost - same things happens when crystal shard proc's for free, it's cheaper and instant and hits a ton harder than crushing shock or any destro skill. So it seems to me that if you don't have a problem managing your resources, then spell symmetry is a waste of time anyways.
    Edited by xaraan on November 20, 2014 10:35PM
    -- @xaraan --
    AD • NA • PC
  • jeeves3krwb17_ESO
    jeeves3krwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    xaraan wrote: »
    First off, ditch Crystal frag for Evil Hunter in the Fighter's Guild line. The whole place is undead/daedra. Second, put Spell Symmetry on your bar.

Well, I'm not the dps guy, so can't say for sure. But pretty sure he runs evil hunter on his secondary bar and keeps both that and crit surge up. Spell symmetry - not a fan of that myself as a user or a healer. The one guy I've run with that uses it is annoying and ends up hurting the group dynamic because he is always needing heals - so essentially what he is doing is taking mana from the templar (who needs mana too).

I would suggest that you ask him to time his uses better than. Such as when a springs is down or when you know the tank is going to get spiked, so one of the suplimentary heals from BoL isnt wasted.

sorcs are a prime user for spell sym as crit surge will heal them up nicely after the 4 sec self heal bloc is off. Especially useful on tank and spank bosses who use ground targetted aoe as their only threat.

spell sym Is amazing when used properly. If its not being used properly, its the casters fault
    Edited by jeeves3krwb17_ESO on November 20, 2014 10:39PM

WTB - ping below 350.
  • xaraan
    xaraan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is no good time to take half your health in damage IMO on high level content. Again, it's a management issue and if you aren't having a problem managing them, then you don't need symmetry.

And, even when the guy that I said that uses it stays up just fine, his numbers aren't any better. We've run with guys from the top AD guilds and I've yet to see anyone putting up numbers much different than our guys. I'd bet money it would turn out the same running with your sorc (if you stayed alive - since, when dead, your dps is zero).

I find it odd personally, with your signature, that it looks like you have so little experience. So I'll assume you just think the way you do it is the best and you are just condescending about it. But next time, if you are going to talk down, at least brag about what you did, not that you know someone that did something - that makes you look even worse.
    -- @xaraan --
    AD • NA • PC
  • THE_6lb_Taquito
    THE_6lb_Taquito
    Soul Shriven
    I think everyone in the video did an amazing job and should feel proud of the fact that they have a title that I haven't seen anyone wear, besides them who I've seen them in Reapers March. Also, I'm not a huge fan of DPS using Spell Sym because as a healer, when they spam it, it is taxing on my mana.
    Edited by THE_6lb_Taquito on November 20, 2014 10:55PM
  • jeeves3krwb17_ESO
    jeeves3krwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    There is no good time to take half your health in damage IMO on high level content. Again, it's a management issue and if you aren't having a problem managing them, then you don't need symmetry.

And, even when the guy that I said that uses it stays up just fine, his numbers aren't any better. We've run with guys from the top AD guilds and I've yet to see anyone putting up numbers much different than our guys. I'd bet money it would turn out the same running with your sorc (if you stayed alive - since, when dead, your dps is zero).

I find it odd personally, with your signature, that it looks like you have so little experience. So I'll assume you just think the way you do it is the best and you are just condescending about it. But next time, if you are going to talk down, at least brag about what you did, not that you know someone that did something - that makes you look even worse.

Im working away this week but will post screenies on the weekend about what I did if you really want. I have every achieve in all vet dungeons bar the 40 (or is it 50) collosus kills in CoA. I am certainly not trying to brag... unlike the entire purpose of this thread

with regards to spell sym it doesnt take half your health per cast.

If you want to resort to personal attacks then awesome lets do that. If you guys cant manage a single cast of spell sym worked in to your rotation every now and then without someone dying or the healer going out of magicka i am obviously wasting my time.

I only commented on spell sym as you guys slated some guy for suggesting to use it. Seems like you dont take well to others who dont share your opinon, which is a shame
    Edited by jeeves3krwb17_ESO on November 20, 2014 11:22PM

WTB - ping below 350.
  • xaraan
    xaraan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No personal attack intended, just an observation -- I mean, I specifically said you come off like you don't have experience, but from your sig it looked like you do. That wasn't an insult, just an observation based on what you were saying making your view quite narrow, and me thinking you should know better. Now, let's also not pretend that you can sit here and be condescending on every post but then get offended if you take something as a personal attack.

Either way, not intended and if you are trying to come off like a braggart, then ok.

My main point is that if spell symmetry isn't needed, then don't use it. If you think it is, then more power to you. I've rarely seen a need for it and my experience with it so far hasn't been great when I've seen others use it. Maybe you have it perfected, but I definitely don't want someone using it in my group that isn't very experienced with it, especially if we are doing a time/hard mode, etc.

My problem isn't people that have a different opinion, but that think their way is the only way to do something. I'm not much for going into someone's thread about how they did something, then try and crap on them for it, tell them they didn't do it well enough, how "I'm" better (even though I can't say I am and have to say I know people that are), etc. That's just rude and not at all how you encourage good conversation.
    -- @xaraan --
    AD • NA • PC
  • Koga
    Koga
    ✭✭
    I

I only commented on spell sym as you guys slated some guy for suggesting to use it. Seems like you dont take well to others who dont share your opinon, which is a shame

As the *** dps sorc on the video i acknoladge the following facts.

My dps was way lower than normal.
    Evil hunter IS a must on this dungeon. And I didn't have it slotted.

Spell sym when used correctly can improve over all dps at minimal tax to the healers mana.

HOWEVER, it will always tax a good healer who instinctively reacts to a health bar drop ,

I have spell sym maxed and I have used it in the past. The reason i dont now is the increase in dps is not worth the risk of getting one shotted or the distraction of the healer IMHO

I respect your point and aknowladge once again that it is valid.

I just prioritize risks vs reward diffrently.

Thank you for your thoghts tho.

Edited by Koga on November 20, 2014 11:51PM
    Koga
    Greywolves
  • jeeves3krwb17_ESO
    jeeves3krwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Im doing my best to remember the medium of text and how things read differently than intended but wow.

My posts come off as inexperienced and narrowminded? I am sitting here befuddled by your last reply.

You do realise how this entire thread reads from greywolves?

To paraphrase the tread:

Greywolves: look at how awesome we are clearing something that the rest of you have been farming for weeks

Others: sorry guys but thats not really something worth boasting about. Maybe try use evil hunter and spell sym

greywolves: spell sym! Ha. No one uses spell sym in vet dungeons. Noob. People die and stuff. Healer cant keep up. Only noobs who cant manage their magicka use spell sym.

others: um spell sym is actually really good when used correctly.

greywolves: wow. You guys dont know what you are on about. You are so narrow minded and boastful. And you noobs cant even do it. No SS. NO PROOF.

others: you say whaaaaaat? /face palm

Now I know that comes off as harsh, but seriously, this thread is humurous. When i get back from work ill try get one of our guys who can record it to jump in our run for a speed (sub 27min is our best time) hardmode/no death CoA if you want. Filled with spell sym to show it works wonders for dps, especially dks.

to clarify, im not saying spell sym is a must for every single person. I am saying its an awesome skill which most people can benefit from ina good 4 man group. Im arguing your point that spell sym is bad and shouldnt be used in 4 mans. Why am I arguing it? Because I dont like the idea of others reading your words and then giving spell sym a bad name, in case I end up playing wih one of them

Edited by jeeves3krwb17_ESO on November 20, 2014 11:56PM

WTB - ping below 350.
  • manny254
    manny254
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

if I was running a vet dungeon and someone wasnt using spell sym I would be asking them why...

im not saying spell sym is a must for every single person.

- Mojican
  • xaraan
    xaraan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I guess I'm confused as well. I mean if you made a post that you were glad you finally got your emperor (I see you're a former emp) I would feel kind of like a *** to go in and make my main comment be about how being emp means nothing because of all the trading back and forth for it.

I don't think us saying, this is awesome, we did it, is the same as us saying "We are the best!"

Also... "Others" = you and one other person. Not that any of your other descriptions of the conversation was all that accurate.

I mean, if you don't see how your first comment came off as rude and jerkish, then I don't know what to tell you.
    -- @xaraan --
    AD • NA • PC
  • ericprydz82ub17_ESO
    manny254 wrote: »

I Spell Symmetry every round of Veteran DSA as a Sorc healer. We full clear with ease and one shot the last boss every time because of one simple fact: Spell Symmetry. I can safely say that single ability makes clearing anything immensely easier and makes every run more time efficient.

Don't hate until you try it.
    Just wanted to add that this is not me boasting. I hate boasting with a passion, especially on forums. This is me proving a point as clearly as possible since there is a crazy amount of damage that goes out to groups in Veteran DSA.
    Edited by ericprydz82ub17_ESO on November 21, 2014 12:27AM
    -Pryda - Ebonheart Pact XB1 NA
    World first HelRa Hardmode player.
    GT: Bootleg Mix
  • jeeves3krwb17_ESO
    jeeves3krwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Koga wrote: »
    I

I only commented on spell sym as you slated some guy for suggesting to use it. Seems like you dont take well to others who dont share your opinon, which is a shame

As the *** dps sorc on the video i acknoladge the following facts.

My dps was way lower than normal.
    Evil hunter IS a must on this dungeon. And I didn't have it slotted.

Spell sym when used correctly can improve over all dps at minimal tax to the healers mana.

HOWEVER, it will always tax a good healer who instinctively reacts to a health bar drop ,

I have spell sym maxed and I have used it in the past. The reason i dont now is the increase in dps is not worth the risk of getting one shotted or the distraction of the healer IMHO

I respect your point and aknowladge once again that it is valid.

I just prioritize risks vs reward diffrently.

Thank you for your thoghts tho.

Sorry koga, I never commented on your dps. my comments have alwayd been about spell sym. If you do feel like i attacked your dps then its down to miscommunciation and ill check my posts again and reword them if necessary.

like you guys in greywolves I play with people who have multiple v14s and we all rotate toons, all use spell sym and we never consider it a drain.

I know it shouldn't need to be said but sorcs with crit surge and nb's with funnel health barely need healing on trash, and rarely need major healing on bosses. In fact our healer spends more time dpsing than anything these days with unkillable dk and temp tanks, abundance of CC and self heals this game allows you to push past most mechanics. We definitely follow the dead things dont hit back mentality. And now even dps have 3k hp, spell sym is barely noticed.

If working without spel sym works for you, then cool. My issue is more about people smacking out on others when they suggest something
    l
    Edited by jeeves3krwb17_ESO on November 21, 2014 12:34AM

WTB - ping below 350.
  • jeeves3krwb17_ESO
    jeeves3krwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I guess I'm confused as well. I mean if you made a post that you were glad you finally got your emperor (I see you're a former emp) I would feel kind of like a *** to go in and make my main comment be about how being emp means nothing because of all the trading back and forth for it.

I don't think us saying, this is awesome, we did it, is the same as us saying "We are the best!"

Also... "Others" = you and one other person. Not that any of your other descriptions of the conversation was all that accurate.

I mean, if you don't see how your first comment came off as rude and jerkish, then I don't know what to tell you.

thats probably why I have never made a post about clearing anything of getting leadr board top times on trials (that was a while ago though).

others refers to the people other than myself such as kai_dahmen, g0ku, ericprydz etc who posted in this thread.

After rereading my first post I can see its a little jerkish, but I put that down to the medium of text. You might wanna reread your responses though, pot calling the kettle black I think. I am assuming that manny guy is a random troll, hoping he not in greywolves as if he is hes making you look bad.

WTB - ping below 350.