Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Take the twice-born crafting station out of Craglorn please..

Jofish
Jofish
✭✭✭
Up until now we level 50 master crafters have had access to all the crafting tables through 8 trait... And I have braved the wilds of Coldharbor with my level 20 character a number of times to craft a piece or two... Since the beginning of the game availability to the crafting stations has never been dependent upon Character level, but on Crafting expertise... I am extremely upset that they have changed that since crafting is a long arduous process... Please make the 9 trait available to any crafter who can craft a 9 trait... thanks...
  • lolo_01b16_ESO
    lolo_01b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well, how did you get to the 8 trait sets without leveling your char? I have finished the mages guild quest line at lvl 33, but I don't think it will be possible much earlier, especially with a char that is focused on crafting and not on fighting strong enemies. And the fighters guild quest line won't be much easier to finish on a low lvl.
  • Jofish
    Jofish
    ✭✭✭
    Learning traits has nothing to do with character level.
    You spend your skill points on being able to research 3 at a time and go from there...
    Edited by Jofish on November 20, 2014 7:08AM
  • lolo_01b16_ESO
    lolo_01b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I know, but to get to some crafting locations you need to complet the figters guild / mages guild quest line.
  • Jofish
    Jofish
    ✭✭✭
    Um, I guess... If people are really interested in them: in 8 months I've never had a request for a piece from either...

Edited by Jofish on November 20, 2014 7:36AM
  • lolo_01b16_ESO
    lolo_01b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well, I know more people that use the Eyes of Mara set, than people that would like to have the Twice Born Star.
    And what about the Way of the Arena set? It is located in Craglorn and it's quite popular.
  • Gyudan
    Gyudan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The Way of the Arena set has been in Craglorn since update 1 and nobody complained about its location.
    The Twice-Born Star set is even more linked to the lore added with Craglorn. Moving it would make absolutely no sense.

Yes, it sucks that your crafter can't access it without reaching veteran levels, but maybe you could have anticipated it. Craglorn has been vet only from the very beginning. In May there was Lower Craglorn available with 1 craftable set. Now there's Upper Craglorn with another craftable set.

I have 3 main crafters. All of them have been researching all professions for months and I can craft a good collection of 9 traits items. All of them are veterans.

Just level up your alt.
    Wololo.
  • Jofish
    Jofish
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, to me there should be a difference between whether you can make it and whether you can wear it...
  • timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Going from V1 to V14 can be a pain, but it won't take more than a few days to go to level 50 so you can access Craglorn. Why would they move a crafting location of a set that is tied to Craglorn out of Craglorn....
    Edited by timidobserver on November 20, 2014 7:45AM
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

• Jofish
    Jofish
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, my v13 knows the pain; but, no, it doesn't take me a coupla days to go from 20 to 50...
    To suggest that it is tied to craglorn... ? are only V level pieces going to be able to carry the twice-born?
    Edited by Jofish on November 20, 2014 7:55AM
  • timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jofish wrote: »
    Yeah, my v13 knows the pain; but, no, it doesn't take me a coupla days to go from 20 to 50...

Sure it does if you are grinding. If you are being hardcore/no lifing it, it can be done in 2-3 days. Non-hardcore shouldn't take longer than a week.

• Jofish
    Jofish
    ✭✭✭
    Well I suppose if you wanna "play" that way...
    Edited by Jofish on November 20, 2014 7:59AM
  • timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well I suppose if you wanna "play" that way...

On your crafter that you just need to get to V1, sure why not? You don't have to do it on your main.

Point being, it isn't that hard. Just level your character either the fast way or the slow way if you prefer that instead of insisting that a craglorn related item set be removed from Craglorn.
    Edited by timidobserver on November 20, 2014 8:01AM

• Jofish
    Jofish
    ✭✭✭
    I have two separate crafters I need to do this with... Again, if the set is tied to craglorn why would it be available to place on a non-vet piece?
  • timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have two separate crafters I need to do this with... Again, if the set is tied to craglorn why would it be available to place on a non-vet piece?

Vet gear isn't related to Craglorn, but the Twice-Born star set is. It will take significantly less time to level your crafters than it took to get them all of the traits.
    Edited by timidobserver on November 20, 2014 8:11AM

• The_Bommel
    The_Bommel
    ✭✭
    If you used an alt as crafter to save some precious skillpoints for your main (not that there aren´t enough anyways) then you have to live with the fact that you either have to level your crafter to v1 or not being able to craft twice born star items.
    There is a reason I chose one of my two mains to be my crafter.

@Why would it be in Veteran Zone if you can craft a lvl 1 item of this set?
    By this logic all the crafting stations should be in the prison or the starter Island...
  • Cathrin
    Cathrin
    ✭✭✭
    Is Craglorn only accessible with a VR character? If not, group up with a VR character and teleport to him in Craglorn.

It is not different from any other crafting stations or mundus stones. They just aren't all in a level 10 zone.
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Cathrin wrote: »
    Is Craglorn only accessible with a VR character? If not, group up with a VR character and teleport to him in Craglorn.

It is not different from any other crafting stations or mundus stones. They just aren't all in a level 10 zone.

I think it might be VR only, certainly you wouldn't survive there long if you aren't VR levelled.
    People believe what they either want to be true or what they are afraid is true!
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Mind what people Do, not what they say, for actions betray a lie.
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self
    Wizard's tenth rule
  • DeLindsay
    DeLindsay
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I think it might be VR only, certainly you wouldn't survive there long if you aren't VR levelled.
    You cannot access Craglorn IN ANY WAY until you are VR1 (aka, Level 50). You can't teleport to a party member or guild member, nor can you just mount up and run there. Getting to Twice Born on a low level if they could access Craglorn would be no issue, it's no where near any enemies and is within earshot of a WS. In fact I can't remember a single road that has any enemies near enough that a level 1 couldn't run along unharmed, if they could get there.
  • MichaelShimmel
    I hate dis agree with you as my black smith and cloth crafter is only level 12 but that last trait in any of the items you want to get twice born star crafted in would have / will have taken 30 days minim to get researched and I don't think it would have taken the full 30 to get the 2 up to vet1....... I had thought about it with mine but didn't feel like doing it so I have not even tried to get the 9 traits on any of items in black smith or clothing..... just a choice I made in a pre panning way 30+ days ago. so my suggestion is go in and start leveling clear out some lands and turn the map white means more skill points and loot to boot.

now if you are talking about letting a crafter into craglorn with out leveling to vet level - I have no issue with that not that I really feel we should...
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    DeLindsay wrote: »

You cannot access Craglorn IN ANY WAY until you are VR1 (aka, Level 50). You can't teleport to a party member or guild member, nor can you just mount up and run there. Getting to Twice Born on a low level if they could access Craglorn would be no issue, it's no where near any enemies and is within earshot of a WS. In fact I can't remember a single road that has any enemies near enough that a level 1 couldn't run along unharmed, if they could get there.

Ok, so it is VR only, but no big scary monsters, interesting, a touch daft but interesting.

Not tried Craglorn yet.
    People believe what they either want to be true or what they are afraid is true!
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Mind what people Do, not what they say, for actions betray a lie.
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self
    Wizard's tenth rule
  • DeLindsay
    DeLindsay
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok, so it is VR only, but no big scary monsters, interesting, a touch daft but interesting.

Not tried Craglorn yet.
    Oh there's big scary VR11 and VR13 monsters in packs of 3-7 they just aren't anywhere near the main roads nor Twice Born. Way of the Air would be a tad difficult to get to at a very low level because you have to go off road into a cave like area that does have enemies kinda near each of the 2 entrances.
  • Jofish
    Jofish
    ✭✭✭
    Well, guess I'll have to face the music and grind these guys up... Thanks all for your interest in the subject and your responses... :)