The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Maxing out spell damage

Valymer
Valymer
✭✭✭✭✭
I'm trying to see how high I can get my spell damage with full light armor.

I have made a tentative setup of:

Torug's Pact x2 (sword and shield)
Martial Knowledge x4
Cyrodiil's Light x3
Arch Mage x3

Jewelry is all enchanted with +spell damage.

I'd love to use more crafted sets instead, since the traits on the dropped stuff generally sucks, but most don't really offer spell damage in large amounts. I wish there was a caster equivalent of Hunding's Rage...

Anyways, anyone got any ideas?
  • lolo_01b16_ESO
    lolo_01b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    To max out spell damage, the following would be better:
    2 x Adroitness (Necklace + X)
    2 x Cyrodiil's Light (Rings)
    2 x Worm's Raiment
    4 x Martial Knowledge
    2 x Troug's Pact (Weapons)
  • Valymer
    Valymer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you, gonna try that out.
  • DeLindsay
    DeLindsay
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here's what I use/do at as a NB VR10 without access to Trials/DSA at this time (my Guild died a while back and most won't take pugs).

-7pc Light with Resto/Destro staves for ST/AOE DPS.
    -Mag/Health food not Consumate since it now gives 468 stats vs 385 stats from epic food.
    -58/0/0 Attributes.

-5pc Seducer (currently all Epic)
    -3pc Willow's Path (the 2 armor pcs are epic, the Staves are Legendary)
    -3pc Soulshine (only comes in Green that I've seen)

-Armor 100% glyphed with Health and Trait is Divines (used to have one minor piece with Magicka to push into overcharged without food but dropped that recently, with food it's a diff of only 14 Magicka).
    -Staves are glyphed with Absorb Magicka (only ~1 DPS loss over Unresistable) and Trait is Precise.
    -Jewelry are (2) +14 Spell dmg and (1) +12 (haven't got the 2nd VR10 ring).

My Stats:

Magicka = 2392/2408 without food [2566 (168)/2408 with food]
    Spell Damage = *127 (+2)/127
    Spell Crit = 55.2% without Cyro 'Enemy Keep Bonus 1-4' [59.2% with IV]
    Magicka Recovery = *120/135

*Occasionally Spell Damage increases to 135/127 without additional buffs and Magicka Recovery increases to 136/135, again without additional buffs, no idea how or why.

I'm still not a pro at attack weaving but can manage a solid ~800 DPS ST without outside buffs (solo) against World Bosses and without using the SP/SC/Mag pots on CD.

Point I make is I have ZERO pieces with added Spell Damage (active set bonuses) and I still go into overcharged so if I were you I would concentrate more on spamming as much crit as possible.
  • Valymer
    Valymer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @DeLindsay‌ thanks for the post. I run something similar in PvE (except spell cost reduction instead of magicka recovery) but this spell damage build is for PvP, where the benefit of stacking crit is debatable. I do wish I had more spell crit in Cyrodiil sometimes, but then again I have a strong feeling that it would be pretty useless against my toughest opponents.

Not everyone runs impenetrable but statistically the ones that don't are not much of a threat to me in an even-numbers situation.

I am trying the gear setup that @lolo_01b16_ESO‌ suggested above and without any PvP buffs I am hitting 151 spell damage, which is pretty nice. I also have 2569 magicka and over 3k health with purple food (I like the extra stamina for CC breaks), so it isn't glass cannon or anything. Mainly because I have most of my attribute points into health.

My only regret is that I have to accept crap traits or at the very least ones that aren't the best, since we can't change the traits on gear. Maybe one day :smile: