The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Non-consumable Writs - What am I doing wrong?

Wreuntzylla
Wreuntzylla
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
I don't get credit for making the woodworking, tailor or blacksmith items. Enchanting and alchemy are working fine. Haven't tried provisioning.

I made each required blacksmith item at VR9 with and without a trait. Same with VR14. Nothing. What am I doing wrong?

I thought it was because my style was on Khajiit, and no supply master wants ugly Khajittee items. However, switching to the Argonian style, and making the items in the manner of the preeminent Tamrielec race, did not help.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only thing I can think of is the material they want you to make the stuff out of, as in if they want Yew, that's what you have to give them. No need to make it better than the first level of the material in question either. At least from the two writs I have done anyway.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• AaronMB
    AaronMB
    ✭✭✭
    -make sure you make the item(s) with the specific material level called for in the Writ (as suggested above). Racial traits don't matter.
    -don't do the Writs for any respective craft that is at level 50, unless you're looking for the reward: no experience for crafts that are maxed.
    Edited by AaronMB on November 14, 2014 9:57PM
  • Wreuntzylla
    Wreuntzylla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I made the items specifically called for in the quest.

I tried it on two different toons, one is 47 in blacksmith and the other is 50.

I don't really care about inspiration, I need me some nirncrux.
  • Natjur
    Natjur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I made the items specifically called for in the quest.

I tried it on two different toons, one is 47 in blacksmith and the other is 50.

I don't really care about inspiration, I need me some nirncrux.
    The nirncrux from the blacksmith survey has been 'fixed'. If your max level in crafting, none of the writs are worth doing anymore
  • Wreuntzylla
    Wreuntzylla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This issue was fixed after submitting a ticket. While crafting voidsteel daggers for deconstruct, the quest began to update.

Yeah, I have been following the nirncrux threads. I completed the one quest, it ended up being expensive.... and I did not grab anymore.
  • Inco
    Inco
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yea I'm 50 in all but one skill and waste of time for Writs... too bad. Thought it was going to be worth something to get them Inspiration points.

Nirncrux - I heard that. Didn't even bother wasting my time on that one. Cost of items, drop rates, and ability to try and farm the materials all convinced me to play another game until they balanced it out. Not worth hours of game time to chase something likely to provide no value.