The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Nightblade Tank

Ysne58
Ysne58
✭✭✭✭✭
Anytime I'm in a group, the mobs come after me, even if there is a tank in the group. So I think I'll see if a nightblade tank can work.

I've got lots of questsions about armors to use, I'm thinking combination of medium/heavy. It sounds like 2 light, 2 heavy and 3 medium would not work well.

I'd be using a resto staff for sure, looking at destro for the other weapon.

Also have questions about which skills would help the most.

I mostly do pve.

Edited by Ysne58 on November 17, 2014 8:33PM
  • aco5712
    aco5712
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NB tank is very effective.

You will probably want 5 heavy because some of the bosses do hit hard and unlike a DK you dont have spiked armour.

You need a 1h and shield as a tank otherwise your not a tank..... your just a dps....

Siphon attacks, defensive posture, funnel health, shades, low slash, inner fire, pierce armour, sap essence
    Banned for Naming and Shaming exploiters. Great ideology ZOS.
    #FreeLeo

Main: Vir Cor | Dragonknight
    Alt: Leo Cor | Nightblade
    Alt: Leonidas Cor | Templar

Guild: K-Hole
    Youtube: CorESO
    DK PvP Tank/DPS Hybrid Build (2.1+): Cor Leonis
  • yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One of the best tanks in my guild is a nightblade medium armor dodge tank

hit him up @animexhero21_ESO
    Tl;dr really weigh the fun you have in game vs the business practices you are supporting.
  • Ysne58
    Ysne58
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @aco5712‌ what is the reasoning behind 1h/s? I know very little about tanking other than I always seem right in the middle of the monsters.
  • aco5712
    aco5712
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Ysne58‌

The damage mitigation is needed for bosses. Your talking about aoe trash. Aoe trash cannot be taunted and rather runs to the person with the most damage, hence your dps usually. Usually DK tanks will talon which helps with the mobs getting to you. NB tanks will sap essence to deal alot of damage as a means to pull aggro off you.

Medium armour dodge tanks can be achieved without medium armour easily. Because dodge doesnt stack with dodge, running a hist bark set (which is probably what @yodased‌ 's tank friend is running) + evasion from medium armour is pointless. If you want to get a evasion tank, just run blur from assassination + evasion from medium armour skill line. This works because miss + dodge stack. Just be careful because dodge skills will cause you to dodge sap essence heals (because of stupid game mechanics).

I run a NB tank so i am speaking from experience.
    Banned for Naming and Shaming exploiters. Great ideology ZOS.
    #FreeLeo

Main: Vir Cor | Dragonknight
    Alt: Leo Cor | Nightblade
    Alt: Leonidas Cor | Templar

Guild: K-Hole
    Youtube: CorESO
    DK PvP Tank/DPS Hybrid Build (2.1+): Cor Leonis
  • Shader_Shibes
    Shader_Shibes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sap essence to me seems like a great taunt that isn't a taunt. If im with a group and spam sap essence i get swarmed by baddies.

Im interested in making a full on NB tank, i mean, my NB has been everything but, so i'll keep an eye on this thread.
  • phreatophile
    phreatophile
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Has anyone ever seen an explanation as to why dodge doesn't stack?

The individual sources of dodge are so pitifully low that they seem like, individually, they should have been always on passives not active skills.

With the right sets/skills why can't we hit 50% or higher for short periods of time?
  • xMovingTarget
    xMovingTarget
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Our Guild Main tank is NB. We clear Sanctum with him. So yea. NB Tanks are fine ;)
  • Suntzu1414
    I'm a NB Tank (VR2), and clear mobs of VR11. doing this with 5LA, 2HA.

Having enough Magica is the key for me, as long as i can spam Sap Essence / Funnel Health. Everything just dies.

Also, I don't run Siphon Attacks. Instead, focus on Damage Throughput. As the wise sage said "Dead monster's can't kill you".

Kill Well
    ST
    DC - NB VR15 - Khajit - DW / S+B / Bow
    DC - NB VR 15 - Wood Elf - S+B / Resto
    DC - TP VR 15 - Brenton - Resto / Dual Wield
    DC - SC VR 12 - High Elf - Desto / Dual Wield
    EP - TP VR 5 - Nord - 2hd / 2hd
    EP - DK 20 - Imperial - S+B / Desto / Bow