The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

crafting death trap fun

heather
heather
Soul Shriven
mostly posting this since i've found the "goodie" bags from doing the crafting writs were more than a little insulting... the overall thing is pretty fun to do but the surveys themselves are very insulting... I have a single point over into rank 7 of clothier crafting while at V1 and it forces me to turn everything in at Craglorn and also any survey's I get are in Craglorn... all the earlier survey's are at least worthwhile but the jump from one point of crafting is ridiculous... you go from around v1-3ish to having to go to an area with end game content? in particular the survey map for clothier 3 is just stupid... there's no way to get to it without dying or without a group prepared to fight v14s? that's a bit insulting especially from a game that i'm paying for and that i'm supposed to be having fun doing... I would go on to complain about the difficulty but since this is meant for crafting i'm trying to just complain at how unfair the jump is for rank 7 crafting and how at least 1 survey is impossible to solo... unless dying to get to your destination is considered 'solo' content...
  • Darthryan
    Darthryan
    ✭✭✭
    Go in naked, die, rez using a shard and collect loot. Or don't use the surveys until you can defend yourself. I haven't had any problems as vr14.
  • Natjur
    Natjur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have now got one of every survey (I,II,III) for all crafting provisions in Craglorn, and you can get to everyone of them without going through any mobs EXCEPT one spot that has wasps (which are not that hard)

There are a few that are CLOSE to hard mobs (that troll next to one of the black smithing ones) but you can harvest all nodes without aggroing it if you are careful.

They should move that one wasp nest and then they would all be fine. I am surprised they were not checked before hand to make each spot safe.
    Edited by Natjur on November 16, 2014 11:39PM
  • HeroOfEvbof
    HeroOfEvbof
    ✭✭✭
    LoL. I've only done one blacksmithing writ and it was on that effing wasp nest. I got so mad. I was running a cheesy skill bar with movement powers and my other bar was still set up for PvP the night before (resto staff - all heals).
    I am happy to hear that not all of the surveys are on mobs, but still the overall amount of materials used for blacksmithing, clothing or woodworking is huge compared to the profit
    On the other hand, the alchemy writs have generated some much needed columbine (I use up tons in vet spindleclutch) and the enchanting surveys seem ok (my enchanter is very very low rank).
    Provisioning writs are starting to generate me a ton of gold. I do seven low level provisioning writs per day. In just three days I generated over fourteen blue level 10 and level 15 recipes. Some of these sell for 8,000. Some sell for 15,000. A couple sell for 28,000g. Of course the market will probably drop on these real soon, but for now I will take the gold.
    apud me omnia fiunt Mathematicè in Natura - Rene Descartes