The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

NB pvp armor setup

Nacario
Nacario
✭✭✭
Not quite sure where to put this but hoping to get some feedback so that I'm within the caps/right setups.

Basically my idea in pvp is to go with a melee magica based build via daggers. Offhand is resto staff for support and aoe for group fights. 5 medium 2 light. All enchants will be magica.
On resto staff Im going with absorb magica enchant (magica dmg and regained on hit). As for daggers Im not sure which enchant to put on, tips? The nirncrux one? And why?

As for armor I could use tips on traits and set bonuses. Some go for full impenetrable, some say 50, Im not sure whats "right". Should I go for the nirncrux one as well, or the enchant effect increase?
For armor bonuses I was thinking magnus/seducer, though I see the twilight one has some spell dmg. For rings and neck I was thinking warlock, so far I only have vr1 variant.

Thank you!
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If your focus is going to be magicka, then I suggest you go 5 light, 2 medium instead. Light armor passives help with mana regen and spell cost reductions, among other things, and wearing more means more benefits. I think those will be of more benefit to your build than the medium passives. But, the medium passives are useful, so that's why I suggest 2 medium to get some of those benefits too.

If you're using spell based attacks while dual wielding, one thing to focus on is spell damage. That's what's going to give you the most bang for the buck with ambush, concealed weapon, etc. Torug's Pact is a good one, and you only need 2 pieces for the spell damage bonus. With 4 pieces you get a weapon damage bonus which is useful for any dual wield abilities you use, flying daggers for instance. You can pair that with 5 Seducer or some other set that you like. Having two daggers makes it possible to go 5 of one and 4 of another. You might also consider the Song of Lamae set or Night Mother's Gaze instead of Seducer.

As far as traits go, impenetrable is good for armor. Some like divines (via Shadow mundus to increase crit damage) as well, or some combination of the two. Impenetrable is not absolutely necessary for pvp, but it is nice to have some critical attack mitigation. I wouldn't worry about nirncrux just yet.

For your daggers, powered can be nice if you would like your enchantment to proc. more often. Precise is good as well. As for enchantments on your daggers, different things will work. Poison is nice (poison DoT), as is disease (healing debuff). Flame enchantments are easier to obtain and work well against vamps who are weak against fire. My current daggers are both poison, but that's because they're part of a non-constructed set called Nightshade. You'll find that the higher you get in VR ranks, it becomes less about constructed sets and more about the "found" and pvp sets. Also, all three of my jewelry pieces increase spell damage. This is not strictly necessary for what you're doing, but if you're not using a set piece of jewelry in a particular spot I would recommend it.

Hope that helps. I'm still figuring things out somewhat in PVP myself, but I have tried a good many different things through successes and many failures.
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • Darthryan
    Darthryan
    ✭✭✭
    Put disease on at least one of your daggers for the healing debuff. That's a must. I would put impen. On at least half of your stuff, infused on a big piece or two and at least one divine helps(if mundus stones are working correctly this week).

Are you going for a glass canon ganker style or something that stays and fights a bit. We kinda need more info on the play style that you're thinking about. I actually run a bow super ganker spec. Maxed out wep dmg 65%crit shadow.mundus. its pretty fun but I get killed super easy.
  • Nacario
    Nacario
    ✭✭✭
    Je7xPqw.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/Je7xPqw.jpg

Thanks for the reply!

Yeah I can see that having more light would be ideal but at the same time I prefer 5 medium 2 light as Im able to be the rogue I wanted. Im a vampire so I have the sneak speed. The siphoning attacks makes it possible to go toe to toe vs harder enemies that takes longer to kill, among with 40% armor reduction from surprise attack.
    Offhand is support/ for group play with #1 resto heal and sap essense to get up close. The dual daggers is excellent for 1v1, which is what I mainly wanted to go for.

Ill put disease on my daggers, thank you! Maybe put the magic dmg/magic return one on the other dagger? I so far ended up with 5 seducer and 4 from magnus for the spell damage. So far Im stuck with my vr1 warlock rings and neck, I dont see how I can change those easily. I can put spell damage enchants on them if thats possible, ty

As for traits, I have 4 armors with impenetrable, 2 with mondus stone and chest with infused. Going to put magica chants in all of them, and so far Im thinkin about gemming the set to blue, maybe purple if it works out.

My daggers have sharpened on for the spell and armor penetration, but also got a pair with precision. If thats a go then I can gem them to legendary, though maybe stick with epic since it doesnt affect my magica damage that much.

Edited by Nacario on November 17, 2014 12:54PM