The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Provisioning?

Arandear
Arandear
✭✭✭
Hey all, So on my Third Alt (Just got to VR1), I've started Provisioning. I've learnt a few recipes, but cannot seem to find the lower level Improvement recipes like level 1 and 2, they're all 5 and 6. I got a few of a friend, and have looted Auridon's containers and so on over and over, yet can never find any ingredients that I am capable of making. I've searched Guild Stores and have found some ingredients, but have only managed to get to level 7 through them, and now the low level Recipe's yield very low XP. Little help for a Provisioning newb please?

Thanks in advance. B)
  • Gojak
    Gojak
    ✭✭✭
    Could you please clarify? Are you having trouble finding the recipes or the ingredients to make the recipes?
    Options
  • Arandear
    Arandear
    ✭✭✭
    To be fair, a bit of both, I only find Recipe improvement 6 and 5's, even when in Auridon (My first Zone). And when I search for Ingredients, it seems to never be what I need, even when I spend 40 minutes searching everything, I seem to have some of some stuff but none of the other stuff to make a Recipe.
    Options
  • Gojak
    Gojak
    ✭✭✭
    Each faction has its own set of recipes and ingredients. Therefore you have to collect recipes AND ingredients from the same zone. If you found recipes in the DC noob zone you have to collect the ingredients there. What you can't do, for example, is find recipes in the DC noob zone and then try to find ingredients for it in the AD noob zone. Hope that helps.
    Options
  • Arandear
    Arandear
    ✭✭✭
    Ah awesome okay, makes sense, thank you Sir. My only problem is the Recipe's I do find, even in the noob zone for AD, are always highest level Recipes? Are they always set to pick up on a random level? I would have thought Auridon would have level 1 Recipes if you get my meaning?
    Options
  • Woolenthreads
    Woolenthreads
    ✭✭✭✭
    Unfortunately back at v1.45 they changed the set up so that you receive recipes from containers matched to your character level. The only ways to get recipes not matched that way are to obtain them from another character whether that character is a player or a NPC. This also applies to the faction specific ingredients.
    Oooh look, lot's of Butterflies! Wait! Butterflies? Get out of here Sheo, stop bugging me!

Having issues with Provisioning Writs? A list of problem Writs and people willing to help in game can be found in this Thread
    Options
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At VR1, your going to find RI5/6 Recipes and that is all your going to find.

Two ways around this. Roll an Alt in the Alliance you want to make recipes in, like if you have been collecting DC Prov Ingredients, then make them DC. Then run them through the first town looking in furniture and you will find recipes at the lower levels. I can find 3 to 5 recipes farming buildings in the starter town.

Or,

Buy them in the Guild Store Kiosks, there are tons of recipes in there, so much so that I don't even collect them anymore to sell unless I don't know it.

Note, the recipes that make L15 stuff are quite rare and it maybe that you have to grind out a few more L5 and L10 Recipes to get to past that level of recipe. However that won't take much.

You will still find Tier 1 ingredients on your VR1 character, just not as much as your L3 Alt will.
    Edited by Nestor on November 11, 2014 11:32PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

Options
  • Woolenthreads
    Woolenthreads
    ✭✭✭✭
    This also applies to the faction specific ingredients.

OK it appears that they have changed the container looted food mats back to being region leveled.

My understanding is that they originally they changed them, because people were complaining about getting L1 food mats while they were doing Cadwells Silver/Gold. No doubt they've changed back because Vets who wanted to train provisioning were complaining about not being able to level up the skill LOL.
    Oooh look, lot's of Butterflies! Wait! Butterflies? Get out of here Sheo, stop bugging me!

Having issues with Provisioning Writs? A list of problem Writs and people willing to help in game can be found in this Thread
    Options