The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Prices on Crafting

Powell90
Powell90
Just wondering about the prices to sell crafted items broken down.

Regular Items
-Base price to craft for blacksmithing, clothing and woodworking without adding the style, traits or improvements just the base.
-Common Styles (Dunmer, Altmer, etc.)
-Rare Styles (daedri, primal etc.)
-Traits
-white/green/blue/purple/yellow improvement.

Set Items
-base for set(2 traits) how much more for set(3 traits) though set(9 traits)

Thank you.
Pain is Weakness
  • Unknown_poster
    Unknown_poster
    ✭✭✭
    High enough to make it worth my time. I have max in all 3 with first set of 9 9th traits done. And I almost never craft for other people. And here's why.

You respond to someone spamming zone "LF max crafter to make set of arena."
    You pm "What style and trait?" 9 times out of 10 you get back. "Which looks best?" and "I don't have any money on this toon. Can you do it for free just white." Spend 5 minutes haggling with the person over what exactly they want. Then run out to the crafting station. Take a minute to confirm that they're aren't any last minute changes. Make the set for the agreed upon price. And every time they guy tries to renegotiate.

So to answer your op. Charge stupid high if you're the crafter, and try to haggle em down after they've made it if you're buying. There is no standard price. Just how much dealing with 15-20 minutes of stupidity in real time is worth to you. Or you can realize that crafting is a self-sufficiency thing and make stuff for yourself and avoid the whole deal.

[Moderator Note: Edited per our rules on Hate Speech]
    Edited by ZOS_ShannonM on October 27, 2014 6:30PM
  • Gyudan
    Gyudan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I agree with Unknown_poster. Apart from guildies and contacts, I usually don't bother with crafting orders unless the end user knows exactly what he wants and the total value is above 10K.
    I don't think there's such a thing as "rare style" now. Every commited crafter knows how to craft all 14 styles.
    As of research, even 8 traits sets are very common, I just hope there will be some value in 9 traits ...

Crafting rule: never improve with your own mats, you'll avoid scammers. Once you upgrade something you become vulnerable to your client suddenly reducing the item price or simply leaving.
    Edited by Gyudan on October 26, 2014 3:53PM
    Wololo.
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    High enough to make it worth my time. I have max in all 3 with first set of 9 9th traits done. And I almost never craft for other people. And here's why.

You respond to someone spamming zone "LF max crafter to make set of arena."
    You pm "What style and trait?" 9 times out of 10 you get back. "Which looks best?" and "I don't have any money on this toon. Can you do it for free just white." Spend 5 minutes haggling with the person over what exactly they want. Then run out to the crafting station. Take a minute to confirm that they're aren't any last minute changes. Make the set for the agreed upon price. And every time they guy tries to renegotiate.

So to answer your op. Charge stupid high if you're the crafter, and try to jew em down after they've made it if you're buying. There is no standard price. Just how much dealing with 15-20 minutes of stupidity in real time is worth to you. Or you can realize that crafting is a self-sufficiency thing and make stuff for yourself and avoid the whole deal.

quoted for truth and accuracy. well said my friend, well said.
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    what needs to happen, is a posting board where people can post on a list what they want for armor or weapons and then we crafters can then go to that public list and make the item requested for by them and every request must have a ligitimate questionare to fill out properly.
    if that is done then everyone will get what they want ...
    customer got his desired weapon or armor
    crafter got paid for thier time, work, and materails :)
    Edited by Gilvoth on October 26, 2014 4:02PM
  • Powell90
    Powell90
    I think they should make like a craft order tab like:
    -Hold F on player
    -Click craft
    -Craft table comes up with all styles, lvls, traits, rarity
    -client clicks all he wants to be crafted
    -crafter puts in the agreed upon amount
    -if all is good they both hit agree
    -the money is immediately taking away from the client and held in the lets call it a order ticket and the only way for the ticket to be canceled is the amount of time you set it for. The crafter will not receive the money unless he puts the exact items that were selected by the client.
    -when the crafter does put the items in the ticket the send button lights up, he clicks send and the money is mailed to the crafter and items to the client.

Would make it so much better, I think. Any thoughts?
    Pain is Weakness
  • Gyudan
    Gyudan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Powell90 wrote: »
    -Hold F on player
    -Click craft
    -the money is immediately taking away from the client and held in the lets call it a order ticket and the only way for the ticket to be canceled is the amount of time you set it for. The crafter will not receive the money unless he puts the exact items that were selected by the client.
    -when the crafter does put the items in the ticket the send button lights up, he clicks send and the money is mailed to the crafter and items to the client.

And repeat on every single piece of armor / weapon? That would take way too long imo.
    Wololo.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have tried to respond to requests in Zone Chat from people asking for things, even a simple item just for them to research. I either get crickets back or a bunch of flak. Now I just make things for contacts and guild mates.

But, only if they tell me what pieces, what level, what traits, what style and what crafted set in the first email. I don't charge much for White Items, I do charge a bunch for improving things, unless they give me the Tempers.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• radiostar
    radiostar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Powell90
    Z should put something like this on PTS for crafters to test so they can tweak it. Or just place it in live, and work on it in real time.

After a few days, a useable system will emerge. But Z needs to start somewhere and that's not a bad start.
    "Billions upon Billions of Stars"
  • Tashira_Ronin
    Tashira_Ronin
    ✭✭✭
    I would however like the OPs request answered. What constitutes 10k worth of gear. Is a full 5 piece of hunting range medium and ashen grip 3 piece in white worth 10k. Probably not.
    My charging atm goes 300g per piece for green, 600g per piece blue, 2k per piece purple. Gold is only with their mats unless they are prepared to pay the market price of 3.3 to 3.5 per gold temper. So for a dagger that would be 2k to get it to purple and then 28k for the gold tempers. Mostly once I communicate this the request or goes screaming for the hills claiming it is a rip off.... Till they try and buy the temper mats them selves.
    So am I in the ball park?
    That said I have had a great response from making single items for trait research or similar and then letting the buyer tip me... So far I have been pleasantly surprised by players generosity.
    NA/PC/DC - played since beta
  • Gyudan
    Gyudan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I would however like the OPs request answered. What constitutes 10k worth of gear. Is a full 5 piece of hunting range medium and ashen grip 3 piece in white worth 10k. Probably not.
    My charging atm goes 300g per piece for green, 600g per piece blue, 2k per piece purple. Gold is only with their mats unless they are prepared to pay the market price of 3.3 to 3.5 per gold temper. So for a dagger that would be 2k to get it to purple and then 28k for the gold tempers. Mostly once I communicate this the request or goes screaming for the hills claiming it is a rip off.... Till they try and buy the temper mats them selves.
    That said I have had a great response from making single items for trait research or similar and then letting the buyer tip me... So far I have been pleasantly surprised by players generosity.

Given those prices I guess you play on the NA server.
    On EU I'd charge 10k for 5 pieces of a 8 traits set or 5 pieces of a 6 traits set when advanced styles are required.
    I don't bother crafting under 5 pieces, especially if I have to switch characters to craft différent pieces.
    I'm sure many crafters are cheaper than me but lowering those prices means I might as well harvest flowers and earn more value in the time I would have spent discussing price/characteristics and going to the station.
    Wololo.
  • Vahn
    Vahn

How do you even make money off that?

Green mats, 10-50g ea x 2 = 20-100g
    Blue mats, 100-150g ea x 3 = 300-450g
    Purple mats, 400-600g ea x 4 = 1600-2400g

If you are getting mats on the low end of the range you could be making some small amount of profit, but is it really worth the time it takes?

I've pretty much completely dropped crafting for people except for previous clients coming back for new gear or friends/guildies because the amount of time it takes to find out from someone what style/set/level/rarity/traits is just not worth it unless they know exactly what they want.
  • Tashira_Ronin
    Tashira_Ronin
    ✭✭✭
    Not sure if it matters, but I don't buy mats, I only use mats I have got from decon or refining, and I do a lot of that. But thank you for your responses. It is good to know I am not overcharging , and if I feel the need to raise my prices slightly it will be inline with market expectations.
    NA/PC/DC - played since beta
  • RSram
    RSram
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    what needs to happen, is a posting board where people can post on a list what they want for armor or weapons and then we crafters can then go to that public list and make the item requested for by them and every request must have a ligitimate questionare to fill out properly.
    if that is done then everyone will get what they want ...
    customer got his desired weapon or armor
    crafter got paid for thier time, work, and materails :)

I would take your proposal one step further in that the customer must up front his bid in gold first and that bid gets locked for 5 days; the customer can increase his bid, but not decrease it. After 5 days, if no crafter Agrees to his bid, he gets his gold back.

The questioniare could be another tab on the crafting interface where the customer builds the items he wants, including special sets, and then the request is posted on a crafting store located on the same interface. The customer would also have the ability to search the bidding store to see what the other players bids are for the same item.

The questioiare could have the starting bid built in so that the customers has an idea of how much the item would cost the build; this starting big would take in consideration the time spent gathering the materials, the trait, the quality, the type of item, enchantments, and etc.

Once a crafter accepts the bid, he is obligated to build the item. Any crafter who fails to complete a bid will be flagged on the crafting store as a high risk crafter for a month or until he completes three consecutive bids. Note that no one loses money here, just the reputation of the crafter is affected.
  • Powell90
    Powell90
    Gyudan wrote: »
    Powell90 wrote: »
    -Hold F on player
    -Click craft

And repeat on every single piece of armor / weapon? That would take way too long imo.

No not repeat, just have a whole window where you can put what you want in one go
    Pain is Weakness
  • duncan_cougarpreeb18_ESO
    Well this one being on the EU server, so far had only one guy trying to cheat him out of an up-front agreed price since beta...

Trying to sell crafting as a service rarely works.

However, when someone is asking for something, usually you can make a deal. (unless someone else is faster or way cheaper)

From this one's experience, there is little extra value in having more than 6 traits of the sought after 2-3 types available. The current 9 traits set is a joke.

For this one, payment is more for the time spent to get to the crafting station and make the things - after guiding the customer through what he asks for and actually needs. Which can take anything between 30 seconds and 2 hours (that one really had a reading comprehension issue, argh!)

Rant aside. Items for research typically go for 500 gold, except for nirnhoned, which was for some time at 5k, but is now more in the 2-3k range.

For normal quality 1.2k per piece; a little more for expensive trait / style materials. If someone orders a full new set (10 pieces), that can come down to 10k for the whole order in the end.

This one is doing improvements always with customer materials, but then at no extra charge or for known customers with his own materials at average (not minimum) market price. Never had any complaints about that so far.

Although for non-veteran / beginning players there often is a sticker shock when for their first order, as some seem to thing crafted items should cost less then what they looted and gave to a vendor.

That has however become less of an issue with the guild stores and/or realization that custom made sets with the right traits on all pieces are worth the price.
  • neueregel
    neueregel
    ✭✭✭
    I refuse to do this anymore... Even for guildies... the reason? it takes a lot of time out of my playing time for what? The other night was my last attempt... it was for a guildy. I am not exaggerating on this, it took me about 1 and a half hours of chating with this guy. I went to three different stations because he kept changing his mind. He wanted me to price making it all blue, or purple for him so he could decide. Then when I was almost finished, he all of a sudden told me he had to log... I never saw him online again, never made 1 gold.... all that time I spent for nadda... They are not all like that, but many times it is a lot of time spent and not worth it to me. I know it sounds harsh... but in most cases, they give a flip how much you have to do to get their orders right and god help us if there is a stitch loose, or it isnt pressed for them on delivery!
    Are you not entertained?
    On my command, unleash hell!
    What we do in life echoes in eternity
  • thesongoftimeb14_ESO
    Hoping they add the ability to sell crafted sets in the bank, together as one purchase. It is then if someone asks me to craft them something, I will sell it to them through the bank. If they fall through with the purchase, having it in the bank my draw another customer to the purchase.
  • Zwonkest
    Zwonkest
    Soul Shriven
    I would like to see a system where players can create orders.

Example:
    1. The player enter "an ordering station"
    2. Create a virtual item/order form - style, lvl, etc.
    3. Set a price, pay deposit and post it at an appropriate place, perhaps via guilds?
    4. A crafter can check what items players want to get created
    5. If they Craft and have the item - they "pay" with the item - and get the deposit/reward in return.

A simple but elegant solution?

Some comments:
    • With guilds "in Control" this does not get global.
    • Where store is located makes an even bigger difference.
    • Makes the (crafting-)community more active/creates a market
    • Crafting writs - for real/player controlled.
    • There is a risk that a several crafters compete - risk to sit with useless item.

What do you think?