The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
· [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

How does "Breath of life" spell work exactly?

PF1901
PF1901
✭✭✭
As asked in the topic:
- Does the main heal heal the nearest ally or the most wounded one?
- Same for the side heals, nearest allies or most wounded ones?
I sometimes heal people in the wild and I get the impression that the heal is not really healing the person I intended to heal in the first place which is usually the one I target with the crossair.
  • ThatHappyCat
    ThatHappyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Who you target with the crosshair is irrelevant, it always preferentially target the player who lost the most health. Dunno about the side heals since I use Honour the Dead (broken as it is), but I imagine it follows the same logic; or perhaps it only heals allies near the main target.
    Options
  • PF1901
    PF1901
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks.
    Options
  • Klat
    Klat
    From my own experience, it seems to heal the person with the lowest health. The big heal from Breath of Life will heal the person with the lowest while the side heals will heal the person who are the 2nd and 3rd lowest.

It doesn't matter who you target and it doesn't prioritise people in your group which is a shame. In any case it works exactly like the Shield from restoration staff where it prioritises the person with the lowest health.
    Options
  • vyndral13preub18_ESO
    vyndral13preub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Klat wrote: »
    From my own experience, it seems to heal the person with the lowest health. The big heal from Breath of Life will heal the person with the lowest while the side heals will heal the person who are the 2nd and 3rd lowest.

It doesn't matter who you target and it doesn't prioritise people in your group which is a shame. In any case it works exactly like the Shield from restoration staff where it prioritises the person with the lowest health.

I've always enjoyed healing until now. The no group priority is a shame,and frustrates me to no end. I suppose I will be told that if I want to hit my target I should take the heal in front of you skills. But I don't feel like wasting a skill slot for a heal because the one that should work, seems to randomly select targets.
    Options
  • Lumi
    Lumi
    ✭✭✭
    It seems breath of life targets players with lowest overall health and not the one who's missing most health? After patch 1.5 I've noticed that my big heal goes to a dps who already have almost full life instead of a tank who is missing half of his hit points... It's kind of annoying... Anyone noticed the same?
    Options
  • Soris
    Soris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yyep. This mostly happens when there is a lowbie player around with 2k max health. So when you take damage but still have more health left than lowbie's max health, then you can't heal yourself with main heal, only side heals target you. And it's most dumb thing in a game i've ever see in my life.
    Welkynd [Templar/AD/EU]
    Options
  • Anazasi
    Anazasi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A very frustrating aspect of healing I do agree. I use honor the dead exclusively but more effective are the AOE type heals (ritual rebirth) or healing springs. Personally I hate healing springs, but its out there right. I have not noticed to much difficulty in healing who I want to heal, simply by watching my position and my groups position. If I stay in the out ring of the group, and the group is staying together the random player running through will not hurt my ability to keep group members up. The key I think is position. Now you want to really get a healer mad, steal their heal and just wait for them to start screaming. I can't tell you the number of times I've been ganged up on and literally just trying to keep myself up and some random player strolls through and takes my heal from me. That so upsets me .
    Options