The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 13:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 13
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 14, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Writ turns ins

gwillard_ESO
gwillard_ESO
✭✭
The enchanting writ I completed requires that it be turned in at the Mage Locus in Hollow City, but I'm level 38 and haven't accessed that area yet, so I can't travel via wayshrine. I'm in Daggerfall.

Is this the way it's supposed to be? On my AD character there was a portal to Coldharbour in Vulkhel(sp) Guard. Granted, she was a V2 and maybe it appeared just because of her level.

Edited by gwillard_ESO on November 5, 2014 1:56AM
  • BadB0y
    BadB0y
    I'm having a similar problem. My character is level 12 but my Woodcrafting level is 42. I'm suppose to turn my crafted items in to Locus in Cold Harbor. But I don't have access to that Wayshrine. What's a girl to do?
    Options
  • DearLady
    DearLady
    ✭✭
    If you have friends with higher levels than you you can always "port" to them. It'll take you to the nearest Wayshrine in that area. For example, if your friend is in Cold Harbour you can port to Cold Harbour from them (this is done through your friends page). It may be a little difficult to get around since everything will be far above your level but if you're careful it's not hard (sneaking is your friend lol). It's how so many lower levels get into places like The Rift.
    Options
  • JessieColt
    JessieColt
    ✭✭✭✭
    Try posting a message in /zone chat that you need a ride to Coldharbor. The NPC's are active for the Writ turn ins, even if the rest of the city isn't opened up to you yet.

You can group with anyone who can get there and then Travel to Player from the Group Tool.

This should open up the Coldharbor wayshrine for you so you should be able to get back there for the subsequent turn-ins
    Options
  • iemd2000
    iemd2000
    Soul Shriven
    Similar problem-got an enchanting writ for my level 5 toon, made the very low level item it asked for then looked on the map for where it needed to be handed in...a mid 20's area. I mean seriously c'mon- next town over or even next zone over but thats just ridiculous
    Options
  • justinbarrett
    justinbarrett
    ✭✭✭
    I think the writs should be able to be turned in in the first main city a player comes into contact with...e.g. Daggerfall covenant should be able to turn it in in Daggerfall...at a trade caravan or something outside the gates....
    Punishing players for not having a high enough character level while they DO have a high enough inspiration/.crafing level is just poor game design.
    I also noticed once you have crafted said items it does not state directly in the quest log where to turn in the quest. It gives the name of the village, but if you have not been there you have no way of knowing where it is...at the very least it should state the map AND the village in the quest journal entry.
    Options
  • Ommamar
    Ommamar
    ✭✭✭✭
    That is one good idea justinbarrett. Another I had was give the player a range of writs based on their crafting skill level to choose from. So allow one from each tier of crafting to be chosen. I am hoping they change the system as it is a problem for a lot of people to complete these. There are some good ideas to get around the issue but dependent on others.
    Options
  • justinbarrett
    justinbarrett
    ✭✭✭
    ty, writs per every 5-10 crafting levels is also a good idea. It is a role playing game after all...maybe some people would rather have some only crafting characters....doing 2-4 writs everyday for a week could also give a additional random reward, like a skyshard or treasure(gear obviously)
    Options
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I was able to get there by asking in zone chat and traveling to a helpful player, but I'm a little worried about surveys. I could get to the one I got with relative ease, but if others are similar to some of the Craglorn ones and located near mob groups, I'll be in trouble.

Does anyone know if I can transfer surveys between characters and simply collect them with my veteran?
    Options
  • Razzak
    Razzak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Go to you guild roster and pick a player in Coldharbour.
    Options
  • poodlemasterb16_ESO
    poodlemasterb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rosveen wrote: »
    I was able to get there by asking in zone chat and traveling to a helpful player, but I'm a little worried about surveys. I could get to the one I got with relative ease, but if others are similar to some of the Craglorn ones and located near mob groups, I'll be in trouble.

Does anyone know if I can transfer surveys between characters and simply collect them with my veteran?

My level 17 NB Enchanter/Alchemist is doing Cold harbor missions. It's pretty tough but he is uber sneaky, even for an NB.

I've done em' before so it's a matter of scamming my way through the quests. If I have to fight I treat it like a boss and do ... OK I guess. You can just camp out and wait for a group to get you through the tough bits as well.
    Options