The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Did update 1.5.3 change or nerf the light armor rating on crafted equipment? (Solved)

RSram
RSram
✭✭✭✭✭
Disregard this post, I just need new glasses, I crafted a level 8 instead of a level VR 8, sorry for the stupidity.

I just crafted a level 8 Willow chest piece that had only 57 armor rating at superior quality, but my current level 7 Willow chest piece of epic quality has an armor rating of 152. There's no way that I can get the level 8 chest piece to a 152 armor rating even if I upgrade the chest piece to legendary quality!

Has the armor been nerf'ed?

Here's a partial screen capture with the crafted armor on the right.

acairm.jpg
Edited by RSram on November 12, 2014 5:05PM
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nevermind, read EisregenX90's comment
    Edited by AlexDougherty on November 12, 2014 5:07PM
    People believe what they either want to be true or what they are afraid is true!
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Mind what people Do, not what they say, for actions betray a lie.
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self
    Wizard's tenth rule
    Options
  • RSram
    RSram
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I heard that that armor was going to be changed so that armor type would be correct, but I figured it would be smarter to raise the medium and heavy armor values than to decrease the medium and light so drastically. This completely changes my play style if this a not a bug but in intentional .

I'll report it as a buy and see what happens.
    Options
  • EisregenX90
    EisregenX90
    ✭✭
    You compare a VR7 item with a lvl8 item. Sure the low lvl item has low er armour rating
    Edited by EisregenX90 on November 12, 2014 5:05PM
    Options
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You compare a VR7 item with a lvl8 item. Sure the low lvl item has low er armour rating

Yeah, i missed that :rolleyes:

Vr7 and level 8, darnit, 49 levels of difference.
    People believe what they either want to be true or what they are afraid is true!
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Mind what people Do, not what they say, for actions betray a lie.
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self
    Wizard's tenth rule
    Options
  • RSram
    RSram
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just saw that after a third look and changed my topic to solved. Apparently, I crafted a pair of pairs at VR8 but when I switched to the shirt, the straits and the style icons didn't change and I assumed that the clothing did to, but it switched to the 1-8 cloth instead of remaining at the 1-8 VR from crafting the pants.

Thanks for pointing that out.
    Edited by RSram on November 12, 2014 5:24PM
    Options