The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Give us options: DK animations & writ quests

Soraellion
Soraellion
✭✭✭
Lets start off with that I realise I'm not speaking for "everyone", that's why I'm proposing to have a toggle option in the game settings for these two things:

1) Writ quests, really cool and all that but I don't do crafting on all my char (in fact I use just one) so I'm not at all interested in those quests on the majority of my characters. I'm going crazy of seeing all these quest arrows on my compass bar thinking they're "normal" quests, it's quite annoying.

Why not have a setting, per character, where you can enable/disable writ quests so it only shows on chars you want it to show on and if you don't it won't mess up the UI?

2) DK animations, some of them are quite.... out there and completely immersion breaking. I'm talking about Spiked Armor and Dragon Blood.

- there's massive spikes going through my heavy armor and half a minute later they disappear without a trace? wut?

- I go... translucent and my heart (being massive as well) shows while beating loudly? wut?

Again, a lot of people will like it but personally I think it's hilariously silly and completely awful. Why not create more... modest animations for both those skills and then give us the option to toggle between them, affecting both the player as other DK characters using those skills.

Edited by Soraellion on November 8, 2014 11:09PM
  • Orchish
    Orchish
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like both the spiked armour and dragon blood effects. Would not like to seem them changed.

As for quest marker? i think it should be a toggle whether they display or not, or make it so repeatable quests such as writs are a different icon.
    Options
  • Preyfar
    Preyfar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The only thing I'd like is to see additional attack animations added to mix things up. With only five abilities, every attacks/combat encounter starts to look exactly the same.
    Options
  • parangea
    parangea
    ✭✭
    I like the idea of having different markers for writs and other repeatable quests.

for the DK skills....why not completely get rid of the class?
    -The herd shall bleed to feed their masters, House Nyssara shall reign supreme-
    ~For the Dread Father and the Night Mother~
    Dunmer Vampire Sorcerer. Aldmeri Dominion
    Options
  • guybrushtb16_ESO
    guybrushtb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Orchish wrote: »
    I like both the spiked armour and dragon blood effects. Would not like to seem them changed.

As for quest marker? i think it should be a toggle whether they display or not, or make it so repeatable quests such as writs are a different icon.

Since the request was for an *option* for less visual clutter I don't think there is a need to oppose it even if you like the status quo. Personally, I'd love to be able to turn down some of the effects where the game went really overboard. Namely the mentioned DK skills, but also magelight for starters.
    Options