The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

2 Hander / Bow: Nightblades PVE?

Hoodster92_ESO
Hoodster92_ESO
✭✭✭
Hey everyone,

I have been working on a Nightblade build that would work in trials / DSA. I was "hoping" to make a 2 hander / bow build that would work effectively. Has anyone had any luck with a build at all with 2 handers and bow besides DK's??

Currently what I was thinking was:

Loadout 1: 2 Hander
Carve, Executioner, Rally, Wrecking Blow, Focused Attacks, Death Stroke

Loadout 2: Bow
Venom Arrow, Focused Aim, Focused Attacks, Piercing Mark, Imaple, Flawless Dawnbreaker

Thoughts? Or builds that have worked?
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Can't say about two-handed, I haven't done that with any of my characters yet.

But my NightBlade Orc is finding dual weild works for him, the whirlwind skill helped with Doshia and her healing orbs, and is useful for when I'm surrounded by Mobs.
    People believe what they either want to be true or what they are afraid is true!
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Mind what people Do, not what they say, for actions betray a lie.
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self
    Wizard's tenth rule
  • Hoodster92_ESO
    Hoodster92_ESO
    ✭✭✭

But my NightBlade Orc is finding dual weild works for him, the whirlwind skill helped with Doshia and her healing orbs, and is useful for when I'm surrounded by Mobs.

I have played around with that as well in the past.

It's good but just requires alot of weaving timing that I rather don't like very much :(.

2 Hander however "at least outside of trials and such" has been providing at least some what good dps on top of incredible burst.
  • eventide03b14a_ESO
    eventide03b14a_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hey everyone,

I have been working on a Nightblade build that would work in trials / DSA. I was "hoping" to make a 2 hander / bow build that would work effectively. Has anyone had any luck with a build at all with 2 handers and bow besides DK's??

Venom Arrow, Focused Aim, Focused Attacks, Piercing Mark, Imaple, Flawless Dawnbreaker

Why are you ignoring your class skills?
    :trollin:
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I have played around with that as well in the past.

It's good but just requires alot of weaving timing that I rather don't like very much :(.

2 Hander however "at least outside of trials and such" has been providing at least some what good dps on top of incredible burst.

Yeah, I get that, I am running around them a lot, but as I said Whirlwind complements my class skills.

Hope twohanded works for you, I will try it myself before long, maybe on my DK or maybe on my Nightblade too.
    People believe what they either want to be true or what they are afraid is true!
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Wizard's tenth rule
  • Hoodster92_ESO
    Hoodster92_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Hey everyone,

Why are you ignoring your class skills?

Because most class skills work off of spell damage, Class Skills I do have (Focused Attacks, Death Stroke, and Piercing Mark) benefit weapon damage.
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I just looked up the 2handed skill line, and it doesn't have an area attack (AOE attack), which means you need Volley or a morph of it to deal with harvesters (Doshia and the like, to take out those orbs that heals them).

As far as I can see the only weapon attacks that you can use against mobs that use orbs to self heal are Whirlwing, Impulse, and Volley. Even if you aren't using them all the time, you need one of these for a nightblade, as they are the only class without some form of area atttack.
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Wizard's tenth rule
  • Hoodster92_ESO
    Hoodster92_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I just looked up the 2handed skill line, and it doesn't have an area attack (AOE attack), which means you need Volley or a morph of it to deal with harvesters (Doshia and the like, to take out those orbs that heals them).

As far as I can see the only weapon attacks that you can use against mobs that use orbs to self heal are Whirlwing, Impulse, and Volley. Even if you aren't using them all the time, you need one of these for a nightblade, as they are the only class without some form of area atttack.

2 Area attack abilities are actually Sap Essense and Carve, One is a frontal cone so you have to position yourself right the other is a Body AoE attack that hits multiple targets around you and heals you.
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

2 Area attack abilities are actually Sap Essense and Carve, One is a frontal cone so you have to position yourself right the other is a Body AoE attack that hits multiple targets around you and heals you.

Ah, I missed sap essence and carve. (slaps own forehead in embarrsed frustration)

Ok, looks like you've got your bases covered.
    Edited by AlexDougherty on November 8, 2014 9:28PM
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Wizard's tenth rule
  • Laz
    Laz
    ✭✭✭
    It's been awhile but my NB build is pretty good and it's exactly used for what you do. I'm mostly replying so I can give details when I get home on my NB. Of course you're more than welcome to make adjustments to it so it fits your needs.
    Been around watchin'. Time to start talkin'. - Twitch: twitch.tv/lazisonline
    Prior host of TESO Elite game-play twitch streams
  • Hoodster92_ESO
    Hoodster92_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Laz wrote: »
    It's been awhile but my NB build is pretty good and it's exactly used for what you do. I'm mostly replying so I can give details when I get home on my NB. Of course you're more than welcome to make adjustments to it so it fits your needs.

Sweet ya I'd love a look. I basically am simply trying to get the best bang for my buck with this build.... Haven't figured out the best amount of Heavy attacks I should use, or even how long I should hold them for in order to get the best stam regen adn also the buffs from the passives.