The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

What is up with cripple?

Jacques Berge
Jacques Berge
✭✭✭✭
i was fooling around on my main and discovered something very disturbing. The DoT from cripple can only be applied to one target at a time.

So, I'd like to know

-Do all DoTs behave like this, is it intentional, and if so... Um why?
-if not, and this is intentional for cripple, still, why? And could we get a tool tip stating this.
-also, can we get a graphical hint that an enemy has cripple on them... Similar the agony it the assassins blade glowing tell?

Thank ya
"Shadow hide you"

Jacques Berge - v14 NB - DC
  • NotSo
    NotSo
    ✭✭✭✭
    Maybe I'm remembering wrong but doesn't Cripple dish out all of it's damage upon casting? "Siphons movement speed from target and gives it to player while dealing # magic damage over 8 seconds" I think this is just worded wrong and the damage is payed in full upon cast and it's only the speed siphon that drags on for 8 seconds.

I tried making a DoT build some time ago and gave up when some of the presumed DoT attacks were not, in fact, DoTs.
    Gar'Sol the Wanderer VR14 Khajiit Sorcerer Spellblade
    Options
  • Shunravi
    Shunravi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Maybe I'm remembering wrong but doesn't Cripple dish out all of it's damage upon casting? "Siphons movement speed from target and gives it to player while dealing # magic damage over 8 seconds" I think this is just worded wrong and the damage is payed in full upon cast and it's only the speed siphon that drags on for 8 seconds.

I tried making a DoT build some time ago and gave up when some of the presumed DoT attacks were not, in fact, DoTs.

You are thinking strife. Cripple his a dot, quite an effective one too, but it's only single target. The wording on strife is confusing, as it made you think both the dmg and the hot ticked over time.
    This one has an eloquent and well thought out response to tha... Ooh sweetroll!
    Options
  • Erock25
    Erock25
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

-if not, and this is intentional for cripple, still, why? And could we get a tool tip stating this.
    -also, can we get a graphical hint that an enemy has cripple on them... Similar the agony it the assassins blade glowing tell?

Thank ya

Well off the top of my head, Blood Craze dot from dual wield line can be applied to multiple enemies but the healing effect from it can only be active on one enemy at a time.

It isn't exactly a dot, but Velocious Curse (and the base ability and other morph) can only be active on one enemy at a time. On top of that, if another Sorc cast Velocious CUrse on the same enemy you had already placed it on, it will overwrite yours and you will do 0 damage.
    You earned the 500 LOLs badge.
    You received 500 LOLs. It ain't no fluke, you post great stuff and we're lucky to have you here. +50 points
    Options
  • Jacques Berge
    Jacques Berge
    ✭✭✭✭
    Erock25 wrote: »

Thank ya

Well off the top of my head, Blood Craze dot from dual wield line can be applied to multiple enemies but the healing effect from it can only be active on one enemy at a time.

It isn't exactly a dot, but Velocious Curse (and the base ability and other morph) can only be active on one enemy at a time. On top of that, if another Sorc cast Velocious CUrse on the same enemy you had already placed it on, it will overwrite yours and you will do 0 damage.

Curse is not a dot... and its tool tip specifically states it limitation
    "Shadow hide you"

Jacques Berge - v14 NB - DC
    Options
  • Hypertionb14_ESO
    Hypertionb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    its also reflected by scales now when before the patch it was not.
    I play every class in every situation. I love them all.
    Options