The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

A way to make heavy armor more attractive and light armor less attractive

WrathOfRegicide
WrathOfRegicide
✭✭✭
I think light armor (which is basically unarmored) should have no armor benefits and spell resist, like how it was in previous TES titles. I do think that light armor should instead get stronger Wards (magic shields) such as annulment, and daedric ward etc. As for heavy armor i think it should have increased spell resist and more armor because heavy plated armor is usually used for defense. I also think heavy armor should get a perk where it decreases the amount of damage critical hits do, I seen that in another thread about heavy armor and thought that would be a good idea.
  • Still_Mind
    Still_Mind
    ✭✭✭
    Heavy armour needs flat damage reduction. As in non-armour\spell resist flat damage reduction that cannot be overcome with spell penetration\armour penetration.

It could also use progressive damage reduction - the less HP you have, the less damage you take, a la Undeath vampire talent.

Constitution needs to be buffed. MORE mana\stamina from taking damage.

Critical damage reduction sounds nice, but Impenetrable, as it stands, can make you crit immune against anything but crit-stacking players (they'll have around 10-15% crit), or autocrit skills (like Critical Charge\sneak attacks).
    "I'm not *giving* him cake, I'm *assaulting* him with cake!"