The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

[Tip] Double Pressing Ability Keys Drop Targeted Abilities!

Merrak
Merrak
✭✭✭
So, last night while running HRC with my guild, I stumbled across something I didn't know before.

Pressing an Ability Key such as Healing Springs will bring up the AOE placement Circle. Sure we all knew that. We also knew to drop that ability, you could click your mouse and it would fire at that location. Though, for abilities like Nova, it doesn't work if you are holding block.

What I didn't know is that if you press the same key again, it will fire that ability at any point that the crosshair is aimed at, as long as it is in range!

This applies to Ultimates such as Nova as well. I thought this was an awesome thing to find out, and for someone who has been playing since launch, I never knew this was possible. Perhaps something new?
Edited by Merrak on November 5, 2014 6:37PM
Merrak | Templar Main
The Descendants | NA Server | Daggerfall Covenant
  • MADshadowman
    MADshadowman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This would be cool. I always used a macro that used the skill and left clicked for things like healing springs.
  • KenjiJU
    KenjiJU
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, it's something new with this patch. I read about it a few days ago and have been enjoying being lazier while playing :)

As a healer, it also reduces the time I'm accidentally throwing light resto staff attacks while spamming Grand Healing.
    Edited by KenjiJU on November 6, 2014 6:44PM