The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Is the new Morag Tong set not available for bow?

Thejollygreenone
Thejollygreenone
✭✭✭
I've been collecting this set for obvious reasons, 15% increased poison damage may allow a poison bow build to do some respectable dps in trials. I had heard someone using the level 25 version before this patch and was making bow work (somewhat) in trials because of it.

So, I've been collecting, I get some gloves, a helm, a belt, then I get my hands on an amulet, and it has health as a trait instead of stamina. I was a little bummed but I could deal with one item not having a stamina enchant if it meant I could use this set. So I have 4 out of 5 pieces, and I'm looking for the fifth but don't know what slot of gear its for.

Finally, I come up on someone whos selling a piece of the set that I didn't have/haven't seen before. Presumably its the only other piece besides bracers/helm/belt/amulet, and it's a mucking DAGGER! What the hell zenimax!?!?

You finally put in a set usable at end game for those who would A. like to make a bow build work in pve, and B. were interested in making a poison damage build anyway centered on bow, but don't allow the set to be complete without using a weapon OTHER than bow, the one weapon that uses all the poison damage?

This set shouldn't exist without using it for a bow build. Yet it can't be used for a bow build. ZoS, I beg you, for the sake of my continued subscription, make this set accessible for those looking to do something other than using daggers. For the love of Auriel... Please give bow wielders this one set...

(If I'm mistaken, and dagger/amulet/hat/belt/gloves isn't all there is to the set, please enlighten me so I don't continue my gaming induced depression)

EDIT: This is exactly like if they added the "of the sun set" in at the beginning of the game, which has flat %5 increased fire damage, while not allowing DKs to use it. I just don't understand the rational here in not allowing bows access to this set bonus.
Edited by Thejollygreenone on August 6, 2014 8:26PM
  • jelliedsoup
    jelliedsoup
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes please a bow would be nice.
    www.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=Ks8_KGHqmO4
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can get it from the pvp bags, the ones you buy
  • Thejollygreenone
    Thejollygreenone
    ✭✭✭
    You can get it from the pvp bags, the ones you buy

A bow??
  • Kego
    Kego
    ✭✭✭✭
    As this is totally random. It would be interesting to know if their are multiple weapons with this Set or just the Dagger.

Until now I only saw two Items of the Set in this board, with the Belt and a Dagger.
    Edited by Kego on August 11, 2014 9:45AM
  • Thejollygreenone
    Thejollygreenone
    ✭✭✭
    Apparently on esohead there's listed which items are in which of the new sets. The morag tong set particularly is exactly the same as its level 25 counterpart in that it only has belt helm bracers necklace in daggers (as far as anyone knows.)

I've gotten my hands on every piece except the daggers, at which point I stopped searching since I assumed the 5-set bonus isn't possible to obtain. So that's my only evidence.

However, since no one has seen any other piece yet, I think it's safe to assume this is the case. I've given up on completing this set until further comment / confirmation can be given, and am pursuing other sets to make bow the best it can be (Hawk's Eye set, or Kyne's Kiss set).

But to say the least I'm a bit disappointed in the Morag Tong set if all of this indeed holds true.
  • Fillem_Fulla
    Fillem_Fulla
    ✭✭
    Boots is the other piece