The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Official Discussion Thread for "Cute, Squishy, and Pinchy!"

ZOS_JasonLeavey
ZOS_JasonLeavey
✭✭✭✭✭
This is the official discussion thread for the web article "Cute, Squishy, and Pinchy!"

Get your claws on the adorable mudcrab plush, and redeem your Rufous Mudcrab pet in-game!
Jason Leavey
Community Coordinator - The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited
Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube
Staff Post
  • Bloodystab
    Bloodystab
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cool, but Our Imperial Edition reward is not Unique anymore. Thats sad :(
  • Vixani
    Vixani
    Soul Shriven
    Really, another crab? Can't we get a pet we would actually feel proud to run around with. The Guar was nice, but I'd much rather see something similar to the hound pet that was only available through Steam.
  • Bloodystab
    Bloodystab
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Vixani‌

I bet Dog will be as Veteran Reward sooner or later. Im waiting for Cat :disagree:
  • rysc
    rysc
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know, if they had made it the blue crabs from stonefalls, that would be kind of cool to run around with.
    Rysc
    37 toons and counting since go live, I may need an intervention.
  • HippieTheGreat
    HippieTheGreat
    ✭✭✭
    ok aside from the in-game pet..this looks so damned cute. I showed it to my wife, who plays Skyrim and not ESO, and she flipped out...had to buy 2 :)
  • Rodario
    Rodario
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As I wrote in a seperate (now closed) thread:

Could you please decouple the ingame vanity pets from the plushies?

While I would love to see vanity pets that are obtainable ingame, I would gladly pay a reasonable amount for some of them.

What I, for one, do not want is the "made in [insert asian country without minimum wage- or environmental laws] plushie" that goes with it.

I know not everyone cares about horrible working conditions or the environmental impact of hazardous waste being improperly disposed of - as long as it happens in a far away country - but I will not support that in any way.

Also, I know not everyone is into vanity pets. There is no reason to discuss paying for digital items, or the inventory slots they take up.

All that being said, I suspect I am not the only one who would purchase a guar or mudcrab if they didn't need to order the plushie at the same time, even if it's only because of the shipping fee for those of us who don't live in NA.
    Victoria Lux - Templar Tank
    {EU/DC}
  • CombatBeard
    CombatBeard
    ✭✭✭
    Bloodystab wrote: »
    @Vixani‌

I bet Dog will be as Veteran Reward sooner or later. Im waiting for Cat :disagree:

I would buy a cat plushie just so I could destroy it in an attempt to satisfy my desire to shoot them with my bow in game.
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just for fun: do you know how much shipping to Poland from GamingHeads costs? $40. Suddenly $17.5 from Bethesda store doesn't look so bad... No, scratch that, it's still terrible.
  • Bloodystab
    Bloodystab
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Vixani‌

I would buy a cat plushie just so I could destroy it in an attempt to satisfy my desire to shoot them with my bow in game.

"your bad and you should feel bad" Catz rlz! :D
  • Sneak_Thief
    Sneak_Thief
    ✭✭✭✭
    Out of I don't know THOUSANDS of possibilities you have to go and do another crab? I supposed Monkeys are next? No one will pick up all these minor details, so our "Exclusive" crab will look like the rest.
  • Runefell
    Runefell
    ✭✭✭✭
    Are we going to see any new mounts here soon? I'd love to see that bear that one stable owner was promising. Or a guar. I'd settle for riding a guar. Forget the bear.

As for the mducrab, mudcrabs are ADORABLE. Alas, I already have this one, as apparently I got one through a glitch in the early access/beta IE pack. I didn't even realize it was a glitch until just now, after looking it up.

And, @sneak_thief, there is actually another monkey pet out there, similar to the Imakin given out. Apparently, like the Rufous mudcrab given out here, it was given out in error to a few of the early players. Apparently it's fur is darker. So yes, I'm assuming there will be a monkey.

Source of my discovery
    Rune Fell- Dunmer Mag Sorcerer (DC)~The Adventurer
    Runed Claws- Khajiit Stam Dragonknight (DC) ~The Tank
    Rain Fell- Argonian Mag Templar (EP)~ The Healer
    Dragon Talon- Bosmer Stam Nightblade (AD) ~ The DPS

• JessieColt
    JessieColt
    ✭✭✭✭
    The plushie is adorable. But I do not need another crab for an in-game pet.

How about a Banekin? Huh?
    Maybe one where when you squeeze his torso his eyes bug out?

I would buy that
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Vixani wrote: »
    Really, another crab? Can't we get a pet we would actually feel proud to run around with. The Guar was nice, but I'd much rather see something similar to the hound pet that was only available through Steam.
    @Vixani‌

@Vixani‌ @Bloodystab‌

At the bottom under the Nord picture.

http://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/2014/10/30/nord-figure-by-symbiote?_ga=1.182711598.987156274.1397480372?_ga=1.182711598.987156274.1397480372
    Edited by driosketch on November 6, 2014 1:10AM
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • DarthDonut
    DarthDonut
    ✭✭
    "your bad and you should feel bad" Catz rlz! :D
    What about my bad?
    "What is better - to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort?"
    -Paarthurnax
  • Sleep
    Sleep
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not as cute as in game but still nice.
  • paulovaca
    paulovaca
    Garbage! It would be better if you give us a "disguise", something unique. Not a pet that will turn in a pain in the ass if you form a group with some guys and all have their pets on. Mine will be destroyed asap.
  • josvierselrwb17_ESO
    Mudcrabs are dangerous creatures
    http://youtu.be/T1MYUHJZ-Ww
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Where is my Razum Dar plushie? I want something adorable and cuddly not a bitey, pinchy, salty, tasty with mayo, hard shelled mudcrab. Do you want me to start trying to cook my cuddly toys in my sleep?

Once again Razum Dar plushie please. I have no objections if there are any weirdos out there who want a plushie Queen Ayrenn - but Raz first please.
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • DireKit
    DireKit
    ✭✭✭
    This is the official discussion thread for the web article "Cute, Squishy, and Pinchy!"

Get your claws on the adorable mudcrab plush, and redeem your Rufous Mudcrab pet in-game!

Wow. Kinda a little pissed our Imperial Edition 'exclusive' Mudcrab is apparently no longer exclusive. Don't get us wrong, the plush is adorable and awesome, but still..

Some may say this is a small gripe, but We've seen other MMOs in the past take exclusive content available only to supporters of the game and then sell it on the side to other players, cheapening the purchase of your previous supporters before. That never ended well.

This is kind of a crappy and offending move. You've now cheapened those of us that purchased the Imperial Edition, especially those of us that purchased it during the beginning of the game and have been with the game ever since.
    Edited by DireKit on November 6, 2014 3:19PM
  • xbigpupx
    xbigpupx
    Soul Shriven
    Wow we got a plushy!! Still no console version.
  • abuniffpreub18_ESO
    abuniffpreub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭

The mudcrab we have now is a Nibenay, this one is a Rufous. Does that mean we can have two mudcrabs ?.

So I'll have two crabs, a monkey, a scutter, a wraith and a dog :)
  • The_Great_Maldini
    The_Great_Maldini
    ✭✭✭
    Some of you are a little edgy and misinformed as usual. The imperial edition mubcrab is different than this rufous mubcrab. While they look similar, the coloring is different. Little known fact, some players at launch got the two different mubcrabs in their mail by accident. Therefore this mubcrab model has existed since at least launch. Thus it was easy for BETHESDA to just add this to the stuffed animal as a cooperative way to sell merchandise with these companies. Good business move in my mind.
  • abuniffpreub18_ESO
    abuniffpreub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I ordered mine on the 15th. My invoice says it ships on the 21st. As of this morning it hasn't shipped so it looks like it will be sometime next week.
  • Gyudan
    Gyudan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_JasonLeavey: Any chance for ZoS to contract with a manufacturer/importer in Europe? Shipping from the US pretty much doubles the price on all those small size products.

Current Quote for France:
    Plush mudcrab: 20$
    Cheapest shipping fee: 17,50$
    => Total: 37,50$
    Wololo.
  • abuniffpreub18_ESO
    abuniffpreub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I ordered mine on the 15th. My invoice says it ships on the 21st. As of this morning it hasn't shipped so it looks like it will be sometime next week.

Just checked and now they are saying the current "estimated" ship date is December 1st.

Probably should have ordered from GamingHeads, their site says in stock.
  • abuniffpreub18_ESO
    abuniffpreub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Just checked and now they are saying the current "estimated" ship date is December 1st.
    Probably should have ordered from GamingHeads, their site says in stock.
    Well so much for December 1st shipping. I'll think twice before ordering anything from them again.

• rysc
    rysc
    ✭✭✭
    So December 5th now? Glad I didn't have anything else in this order.
    Rysc
  • abuniffpreub18_ESO
    abuniffpreub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Yep, just saw that too. What a joke. Just got an email from them about a sale, 2 T-Shirts for $25. Sorry not interested.
    Edited by abuniffpreub18_ESO on December 2, 2014 12:13AM
  • rysc
    rysc
    ✭✭✭
    So Gamingheads says they do have these in stock right now.
    Edited by rysc on December 3, 2014 8:08PM
    Rysc
  • abuniffpreub18_ESO
    abuniffpreub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Got this in an email today:

Hello,

There is currently a strike in the ship yards in San Diego which is delaying the arrival of a lot of our products. We are slowly getting some of our items out but as this is a big strike delays are happening. We have confirmation that the Enclave hoodies made it out and are on the way to us. The ship date was pushed to next week.

I thank you for you understanding in this unavoidable instance and should you have any questions let me know.

Thank you and have a wonderful day!

Sincerely,
    Benita
    Special Tactics and Reconnaissance