Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Veteran City of Ash - video

tathagatagarbha
Hi,
here a video of a full run-through.
We just ignored the "never play on patch day"-rule and cleared it anyway, it wasn't that much of a challenge since i'm not a vampire anymore...
enjoy! :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhIr9V_pdNM
tamriel is my new home since warhammer online has been purged by the waters of forgetfulness

shameless plug:
twitch: tathagatagarbha
youtube: satori
facebook
twitter
  • diskiukas
    diskiukas
    ✭✭✭
    Great job! Vampires will have fun in this dungeon lol.
  • tathagatagarbha
    diskiukas wrote: »
    Vampires will have fun in this dungeon lol.

i actually tanked it as a vampire 2 times
    wasn't that much fun for our healer but we managed to clear it XD
    tamriel is my new home since warhammer online has been purged by the waters of forgetfulness

shameless plug:
    facebook
    twitter
  • pppontus
    pppontus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice video, interesting to see. We had a lot of trouble at the Ash Titan, our tank would get hit for ridiculous amounts of damage when he had the Air Atronachs and boss aggro.. like one fire spit and he'd be dead (non-vamp), meanwhile it looks like you can just walk out of it and seem to be fairly OK.

We even tried putting the healer right behind him spamming BoL and still couldn't stay alive at 3k+ hp, and some 2,3k spell res and armor.. any ideas on what could be going wrong for us?

We tried to figure it out but it felt more like he was a naked vampire in that phase..
  • B11zzard
    B11zzard
    ✭✭
    Did speed run achievement yesterday. It's pretty hard (you have 1-2 "free" minutes for usually crash or death). Didn't did without death because we pull daedroth before our last guy have passed through door and it closed. So we must die to open door. Don't make same mistake. :D

GJ Zeni. Thx for 1.5
    Edited by B11zzard on November 6, 2014 3:52PM
    Zard- V14 Templar - EU - IddQd

Sanctum Ophidia - First EU kill
  • tathagatagarbha
    pppontus wrote: »
    ...our tank would get hit for ridiculous amounts of damage when he had the Air Atronachs and boss aggro...
    ...any ideas on what could be going wrong for us?...
    sounds like your tank stood in one of the whirlwind-attacks of the air atronachs, you really have to stay out of those
    while kiting i use roll dodge to get more distance, you can time the dodge so it also dodges the fire-attack of the titan to further decrease the damage on the tank, i hope that helps! :)

B11zzard wrote: »
    Did speed run achievement yesterday. It's pretty hard (you have 1-2 "free" minutes for usually crash or death).
    congratulations on the achievement!!! :) we tried it in this very run too but one of our DPS was in there the first time so we wiped two times on the last boss :(
    also we tried the hardmode (2 less platforms during the last boss-battle) a few times, didn't turn out so well cause back then i was still a vampire XD but we managed to get the boss to 25%
    i'll update this thread with a new video when we manage a hardmode kill
    B11zzard wrote: »
    Didn't did without death because we pull daedroth before our last guy have passed through door and it closed. So we must die to open door. Don't make same mistake. :D
    thanks for the warning, that is actually a really good tip! ;)

edit: ok with your warning in mind we did the speedrun today, was fun :)
    CkSvmsS.png
    Edited by tathagatagarbha on November 7, 2014 12:17AM

shameless plug:
    facebook
    twitter
  • TehMagnus
    TehMagnus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Did all the achievements on launch day (except the grind ones) ^^.
    I'd recommend Hard Mode to everybody btw, actually makes the last boss easier. since if you start on one platform he moves in a straight line instead of randomly.

Video of Hard Mode kill with No Death Achievement.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDuHq7gI1vA

Edit: I had done all the dungeon till last boss on PTS though ;)
    Edited by TehMagnus on November 7, 2014 1:13PM
  • tathagatagarbha
    nice one!
    we will try this as well soon, thanks for the tip :)

shameless plug:
    facebook
    twitter
  • TehMagnus
    TehMagnus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    nice one!
    we will try this as well soon, thanks for the tip :)

NP! :)

Some tips I took from yesterday's clears:
    - The animation beofre he launches the fireballs that knock you b are easily identifiable and blocking negates the effects. Have someone calling "Block" every time and it really makes it easier.

- Make tank stand near on edge of the platform and put the DPS near the oposite side (preferably near next platform so it's less time to run. Identify & call out the animation he does when he's gonna destroy the platform so people start running to the next one.

- If you got DK DPS, don't do what I did in that video and just chainpull the atronachs in the midle in the 2nd platform & drop all ultimates.

- We Begin on Right platform then mid then left platform, boss allways jumps to middle one and not the one farther away.
  • B11zzard
    B11zzard
    ✭✭
    Congrats! Just did without death.

5eb22-clip-17kb.jpg?nocache=1
    Edited by B11zzard on November 7, 2014 4:54PM
    Zard- V14 Templar - EU - IddQd

Sanctum Ophidia - First EU kill
  • tathagatagarbha
    @ magnusnet: even more tips! thanks man :)

@ B11zzard: great job! you gotta go for those flame colossi though XD
    Edited by tathagatagarbha on November 7, 2014 4:55PM

shameless plug:
    facebook
    twitter