The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Update 1.5.2 Quick Questions

Observant
Observant
✭✭✭✭
"Veteran Rank Improvements

We have been tracking Experience gains past maximum Veteran Rank on accounts in preparation for the Champion System. Veteran Ranks are now earned by Experience Points instead of Veteran Points. From this moment on, Veteran Points shall be banished from the land of Tamriel.
When a Veteran Rank is earned, you will be rewarded with an Attribute Point and a Skill Point.
Reduced the amount of Health, Magicka, and Stamina rewarded on a Veteran Rank gain by 35% to compensate for the new Attribute Points rewarded.

It takes 1,432,550 Experience Points to gain a Veteran Rank. We expect this to reduce the amount of time it takes to gain a Veteran Rank."

A couple of quick questions... Can I expect 14 additional skill & attribute points being as I'm v14 already?

And do experience points and veteran points match up 1:1? Why would I have to spend 12 hours grinding from v13 to v14 because of the 7 million required Vet Points, when people now could get 7 levels within the same time frame.

Thanks in advance for clearing this up, clearly ZOS couldn't be that stupid and merely forgot to add these points of concern to the patch notes?
Vehemence
  • Observant
    Observant
    ✭✭✭✭
    Edited by Observant on November 3, 2014 5:27PM
    Vehemence
  • Stonesthrow
    Stonesthrow
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes you will get your points at VR14.

Oh… and maybe it has been awhile for you grinding in Crag, but the jump from VR12 to VR14 took me less than 5 hours… the cycle with the Wasp and the Storm Atro, I so suck at remember names. ><
    Edited by Stonesthrow on November 3, 2014 5:32PM
  • Observant
    Observant
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes you will get your points at VR14.

Thanks for the quick reply.

Can someone clarify my question regarding the extra 40 hours of grinding I had to do to achieve the same thing new subscribers wouldn't have to go through?

Seems like a backwards loyalty program to me... I'd trade my shoddy pets for that 40 hours back any day.
    Vehemence
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Observant wrote: »

Can someone clarify my question regarding the extra 40 hours of grinding I had to do to achieve the same thing new subscribers wouldn't have to go through?

Seems like a backwards loyalty program to me... I'd trade my shoddy pets for that 40 hours back any day.

Two things, you get less Exp points now for things you do, so it's not all Roses and Daffodills for VR Ranking. So it will happen faster, but not as fast as if just the requirements were changed.

You made the decision to grind based on the game at the time, so it was not waste in that sense. However all those points you accumulated will show up in the Champion System in some way, so your not really losing that much. From the initial descriptions you may end up with more bang in the CS than someone who gets to VR14 under the new way.

Plus you get the increase in stats and skill points that you did not get before for the Veteran Ranks, which were really Equipment Ranks and not Character Ranks. You also don't really gain that much going from one VR Rank to another. So much so that I only make new gear now once I gain 2 VR Ranks. Unless I get a new Purple Motif or learn enough traits to make a better crafted set.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• jambam817_ESO
    jambam817_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Oh the entitlement in this thread....
  • Observant
    Observant
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oh the entitlement in this thread....

Sorry if my questions butthurt you, bruh. Merely asking if the skillpoints were going to be prorated, and if experience points are a 1:1 ratio with vet points.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=fQtmtF_FTRA

Vehemence