The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Shield stacking, is it still worth it?

SRIBES
SRIBES
✭✭✭✭✭
I sadly haven't had the time to play since patch and would like to know if it's still worth it for 1vX and 1v1. After the harness magika nerf so the magika restore is only up to three hits i'm considering taking it out. So as the title says, do you think it's still worth using damage shields?
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I hope not. I personally found shield stackers annoying as heck.

im sure if you use potions and take the right passives, it could still be possible.... though a crap ton harder.
  • timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    On Sorcs it is because their magicka is already nearly limitless, but it isn't really worth it on a Templar anymore.
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

• Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Harness Magicka still returns more than the cost of the spell if you have some reduction gear/enchants, otherwise it is almost break even.

The only real cost is the global cooldown and if you stack Harness magicka with a physical shield, hits on the physical shield still return your magicka.

In other words yes it is still very worth it just not as overpowered as it used to be.
    Permanently banned from the forums for displaying dissent: ESO - The Year Behind
    Too Much Bolt Escape - banned for "hacking the game to create movement not otherwise permitted by in game mechanics."
    Ezareth VR16 AD Sorc - Rank 36 - Axe NA
    Ezareth-Ali VR16 DC NB - Rank 20 - Chillrend NA
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube