The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance.
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Steel Tornado - 908 damage

rtc07
rtc07
✭✭
My death recap listed a 908 hit from Steel Tornado. Do you think this is just a death recap glitch where it added up multiple Steel Tornado's from the same player, or an actual 908 hit? I've definitely seen them listed separately before. There was 6 oils and a billion impulses going off so I couldn't see from the animations how many Tornadoes there were.

Normally I'd chalk it up to a death recap issue but I was fighting against a certain group of AD on NA Thornblade who we all know and love, so I won't discount some sort of exploit.

For the record I wear 4 pieces of Impenetrable so I'm tough to crit but it's certainly not impossible.
Heder - V14 DK, Thornblade NA
Schrecken - V11 NB, Thornblade NA
The Undead Lords
  • timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Steel Tornado is an execute, so if you got hit while low on health it might make sense.
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

• Agrippa_Invisus
    Agrippa_Invisus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Are you a light armor wearer? Were you low on HP at the time?

Then this can absolutely happen.

On top of that, any shielding you may have had from Harness Magicka was completely ignored.
    Edited by Agrippa_Invisus on October 29, 2014 9:46PM
    Agrippa Invisus / Indominus / Inprimis / Inviolatus
    DragonKnight / Templar / Warden / Sorcerer - Vagabond
    Once a General, now a Citizen
    Former Emperor of Bloodthorn and Vivec
    For Sweetrolls! FOR FIMIAN!
  • Yonkit
    Yonkit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a real hit. Steel tornado increases dmg the lower your health gets. I've hit for over 1k before with it and routinely in the 600-800 range. What that also means if that you were probably well below 10% health, so the dmg it did was pretty superfluous, but it really looks impressive on a recap.

I popped a ST on a group of NPC's that were all almost dead, hit six of them and got over 7k dps from it :)

Still a weaker than impulse. I'd almost never use ST unless I was in a veil because I melted so fast to enemies, and I've since discarded the medium build overall despite such occasionally impressive numbers.
    Has an Alter Ego in the form of a very large quadrupedal black & white Bear.
  • rtc07
    rtc07
    ✭✭
    Yea, light. It was listed last on my death recap so if I had 908/3150 health then yep I certainly could've been in the executable range.

I don't see many people using Steel Tornado so due to lack of familiarity just wasn't aware that it had that much potential damage. Thanks for the replies!
    Heder - V14 DK, Thornblade NA
    Schrecken - V11 NB, Thornblade NA
    The Undead Lords
  • Asgari
    Asgari
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If it was a NB using power extractor and steel tornado good luck with your health if it was under %30 .. *** hurts!
    Formerly @Persian_Princess .. Now @Asgari
    Princess Asgari | Sorc
    Asgari | NB
    -Asgari | Stamplar
    Ariana Kishi | DK | True Liberator of Haderus
    Banner Down!
    No Mercy
    Youtube: Asgari
  • Beega
    Beega
    ✭✭
    Yep I can hit that on targets with 10% health.
    Vokundein
    Beega - Oathsworn
    Legend Gaming Website | Join Us
  • Rylana
    Rylana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have seen mine hit for 1100+ on a very low health opponent before.

I told you it was powerful.

Also, Yonkit, in every metric except sustainability over time, Tornado outperforms Impulse. A sap/tornado nightblade will outdamage any other AOE build but it cant sustain it for more than 10-15 seconds because you can only reduce cost effectively on one pool at a time, and it needs to draw from both. (this is why I use a medium armor but magicka enchanted build for that setup).

Ive used it for a long time in my "keep crash" build and ive seen DPS spike into high four digit territory against players on a flag.

That being said, its relatively worthless single target or over a sustained fight.
    Edited by Rylana on October 30, 2014 12:06AM
    @rylanadionysis == Closed Beta Tester October 2013 == Retired October 2016 == Uninstalled @ One Tamriel Release == Inactive Indefinitely
    Ebonheart Pact: Lyzara Dionysis - Sorc - AR 37 (Former Empress of Blackwater Blade and Haderus) == Shondra Dionysis - Temp - AR 23 == Arrianaya Dionysis - DK - AR 17
    Aldmeri Dominion: Rylana Dionysis - DK - AR 25 == Kailiana - NB - AR 21 == Minerva Dionysis - Temp - AR 21 == Victoria Dionysis - Sorc - AR 13
    Daggerfall Covenant: Dannika Dionysis - DK - AR 21 == The Catman Rises - Temp - AR 15 (Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade)
    Forum LOL Champion (retired) == Black Belt in Ballista-Fu == The Last Vice Member == Praise Cheesus == Electro-Goblin
  • FluffiestOne
    FluffiestOne
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've seen 1.5k hits, casuals.
    Fluffy
    Senior Fluffykins, Daggerfall Liberator of Haderus, Dragonknight.
    Fliffers, Daggerfall Liberator of Hopesfire, Templar.
    Prophet Fluffy of Death, Casual of the Dominion, Sorceror.
    Nozdorumu The Timeless, Daggerfall. Dragon. Nightblade.
    All my toon names are subject to change.
    " Ignorance must be bliss because I can't imagine why anyone would live in it. " -Fluffy
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    now its going to get nerfed right?
    oh boy....
  • Yonkit
    Yonkit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rylana wrote: »

Also, Yonkit, in every metric except sustainability over time, Tornado outperforms Impulse. A sap/tornado nightblade will outdamage any other AOE build but it cant sustain it for more than 10-15 seconds because you can only reduce cost effectively on one pool at a time, and it needs to draw from both. (this is why I use a medium armor but magicka enchanted build for that setup).

Ive used it for a long time in my "keep crash" build and ive seen DPS spike into high four digit territory against players on a flag.

That being said, its relatively worthless single target or over a sustained fight.

Different strokes I suppose. The sustainability is a big deal to me since I hate the moment for stam users where they just need to retreat and "rest" for 20 seconds or so in battle on occasion, or switch to bow and make some ineffectual heavy attacks. When I have brought out the impulse, there was one occasion where I sustained impulse spam for 60 seconds (through three separate non-stacked veils) because I was killing so many players and each kill regen'ed magicka. Such feats are impossible with ST. Plus, a stam NB is not as feasible as a mag NB for many other reasons that make the medium armor build less powerful as my light armor. Parity has not been achieved.

That being said... If you want to roll a blue, I want to start a guild called the ballerina blades (or something like that) and we all just dance around spamming ST. It'd be cute and fun and you could be my right hand person.
    Has an Alter Ego in the form of a very large quadrupedal black & white Bear.
  • Rylana
    Rylana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yonkit wrote: »
    Rylana wrote: »

Different strokes I suppose. The sustainability is a big deal to me since I hate the moment for stam users where they just need to retreat and "rest" for 20 seconds or so in battle on occasion, or switch to bow and make some ineffectual heavy attacks. When I have brought out the impulse, there was one occasion where I sustained impulse spam for 60 seconds (through three separate non-stacked veils) because I was killing so many players and each kill regen'ed magicka. Such feats are impossible with ST. Plus, a stam NB is not as feasible as a mag NB for many other reasons that make the medium armor build less powerful as my light armor. Parity has not been achieved.

That being said... If you want to roll a blue, I want to start a guild called the ballerina blades (or something like that) and we all just dance around spamming ST. It'd be cute and fun and you could be my right hand person.

Unfortunately my DC toon is scheduled to become a firebomb impulse dress wearer DK. Whenever I decide to finish leveling it that is.
    @rylanadionysis == Closed Beta Tester October 2013 == Retired October 2016 == Uninstalled @ One Tamriel Release == Inactive Indefinitely
    Ebonheart Pact: Lyzara Dionysis - Sorc - AR 37 (Former Empress of Blackwater Blade and Haderus) == Shondra Dionysis - Temp - AR 23 == Arrianaya Dionysis - DK - AR 17
    Aldmeri Dominion: Rylana Dionysis - DK - AR 25 == Kailiana - NB - AR 21 == Minerva Dionysis - Temp - AR 21 == Victoria Dionysis - Sorc - AR 13
    Daggerfall Covenant: Dannika Dionysis - DK - AR 21 == The Catman Rises - Temp - AR 15 (Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade)
    Forum LOL Champion (retired) == Black Belt in Ballista-Fu == The Last Vice Member == Praise Cheesus == Electro-Goblin
  • nikolaj.lemcheb16_ESO
    nikolaj.lemcheb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can build up some serious synergy bonuses before steel tornado. Sap essence buffs all melee damage in addition to the aoe damage/heal then an ambush which will cause the steel tornado just after to do +40% damage. Now if you really has a sneak attack build you could start before any of that with a surprise attack for the armor debuff and high start damage but honestly it is difficult to land with all the lag in Cyrodiil.
  • Iggybot
    Iggybot
    ✭✭✭
    As others have mentioned, 900 isn't that rare. I hit up to 1100-1200 fairly often in pvp
  • ryanmjmcevoy_ESO
    ryanmjmcevoy_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    ST is awesome<3 One time when attacking a keep my group was holding down one of the second floor cubby things, and as the enemy pushed up the stairs I dropped standard and steel tornadoed twice for 6 killing blows at the same time. Some people need to give stam skills a good look, they can be very powerful.
  • Mojomonkeyman
    Mojomonkeyman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This skill is awesome, I hit 1k regularly as hybrid sorc. The only real bad thing, in comparison, is that it is blockable in contrast to impuls. So against s&b users almost no damage, while happily impuls spamming 500 damage unblockable + dot, yay - balance!
    Koma Grey, Chocolate Thunder, Little Mojo, Dagoth Mojo & Mojomancy