The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Do mundas stone base boons increase with rank?

Ulfson
Ulfson
✭✭✭
Just looking at Divines traits and benefits. I would like to know if my current base boon for the thief mundas stone will always be 5%?
Happy Trails
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If you do a search, you can find detailed info about Divine trait and mundus stones. The short answer is character level has no effect on either of these. Armor quality will increase trait effects, and effects stack with armor pieces, but the gains vary wildly depending on which trait and which mundus. For example, the gain on Divine trait above one armor piece is negligible due to the gain formula.
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • Gyudan
    Gyudan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Tamriel Journal page on Mundus boons for reference

Mundus stones with percentage-based value such as the Thief (+5% Crit chance) will remain the same, no matter what your level is.
    Other stones give a flat amount of a stat to your character, that is said to depend on character level. For example the Mage increases Max Magicka, supposedly by 100 at level 50 (+2 for each character level). I can't confirm this for sure.

Wearing Armor pieces with the Divines trait will increase the value of your mundus boons by up to 7.5% for each legendary item with that trait.
    A new set is also coming in update 5, allowing you to use two mundus boons instead of one. (Twice-Born Star set, (5 items) bonus)

Personally I dislike the fact that these boons have very limited effects on the gameplay compared to previous Elder Scrolls games.
    Scroll down to "The Evolution of Birthsigns in Elder Scrolls" and it will be pretty obvious.
    Edited by Gyudan on October 23, 2014 11:22PM
    Wololo.
  • Ulfson
    Ulfson
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the replies, I was a little shocked at how little the trait raised the spell resistance. For example, I get 3.5% of the 5% boon with one piece and it only shows as 0.1 increase in spell critical. I likely don't know much about how the damage calcs are done but from a simple view a reduction of 0.1% from a 200 damage point hit doesn't seem worth shaking a stick at. But thanks for the info on the boon base and I will do some more searching.
    Happy Trails
    Edited by Ulfson on October 26, 2014 12:24PM
  • JessieColt
    JessieColt
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mundus stone effects (Divines), as others have said, are either a flat bonus, or based on Armor Quality.

In some cases, you can get a better return by using the Increased Enchantment affect (Infused) instead of Mundus Stone affect (Divines) on certain armor pieces.

For a detailed look into the investigation that was done regarding the difference between the two, check out this thread:

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/99523/divines-vs-infused-a-comprehensive-study