The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

[Alacrity] - Why Serpent (hard mode) isn't dead

• Tripwyr
    Tripwyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jules wrote: »
    Tripwyr wrote: »
    EDIT: The leaderboard was wiped clean because it was no longer "current" content. The level cap went up to VR14, but the content remained VR12.

That is not accurate. The boards were wiped due to exploited times.

"In the future, we’ll be wiping our leaderboards. We want to do this in light of several exploits that have allowed teams to achieve completion times that shouldn’t be possible. We’ve fixed the exploits we are aware of, and we’ll continue to keep our eyes open for and correct any other unintended behavior. As part of our steps to address unrealistic completion times, we’ve made sure that you have to kill all the bosses in Trial runs before the timer stops."

http://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-gb/news/post/2014/08/20/the-road-ahead----august-20

I stand corrected. Looks like they reset them to remove times that as far as I am aware nobody even got. Unless I'm mistaken and somebody actually posted a time skipping bosses?
    Alacrity Founder | Forum Emperor
    World First Veteran Dragonstar Arena

Tripwyr Manawrath - AD NA Sorcerer, Former Emperor of Haderus; Former Emperor of Hopesfire, First Cycle
    Tripwyr Flamewrath - AD NA Dragon Knight, Former Emperor of Thornblade, First Cycle
    Imperial Tripwyr - AD NA Templar, Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade
    Ripwyr - DC NA Templar
    Nyrv - EP NA Sorcerer

I am of the firm opinion that subtracting "raging stupidity" from anyone's voice can only cause them to sound more like myself.
  • zbtiqua
    zbtiqua
    ✭✭✭
    I stand corrected. Looks like they reset them to remove times that as far as I am aware nobody even got. Unless I'm mistaken and somebody actually posted a time skipping bosses?

I don't see anything in there about skipping bosses, although it was possible to skip the storm atronarch in AA for a while. Seems pretty obvious they are referring to orbs, scalding rune exploit, igneous weapons exploit, and the 5-set stacking exploits. Maybe skipping trash too.

People did get times such as the ones the quote is referring to, the most obvious example being in your and luvboard's sig lines.

Officer of Da Funk (EP NA)
    DSA Vet Fastest Time NA (83 mins)
    World 1st AA HM
    World 3rd Hel Ra HM
  • sbanned_530978
    sbanned_530978
    ✭✭✭
    @zbtiqua‌ WOW u dont even have times on ur AA and HR sig. Thats why I havent heard of ya.....
    I mean y be mad about us being better than everyone else?
    Edited by sbanned_530978 on October 21, 2014 7:40AM
  • zbtiqua
    zbtiqua
    ✭✭✭
    krayiss wrote: »
    @zbtiqua‌ WOW u dont even have times on ur AA and HR sig. Thats why I havent heard of ya.....

That's fine I don't need you to have heard of me. I think the ESO community however would appreciate if you either removed your exploit times from your sig, or clarified they were obtained exploiting as trip did a few posts above.
    World 1st AA HM
    World 3rd Hel Ra HM
  • sbanned_530978
    sbanned_530978
    ✭✭✭
    @zbtiqua‌
    That's fine I dont need to clarify my times, because they are the fastest in the world and no1 could compete with us at the time and that hasnt changed.
  • TehMagnus
    TehMagnus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @jules
    wait a minute you guys still havent beaten our time at v14? Why are you guys even posting anything on the forums, just to get trolled?

As far as i'm aware, I can't see your times on the leaderboards so they don't count :). Who knows how many of your guys spamed scalding rune to get powerful? ;). Getting in top position of current leaderboards shouldn't be hard if you are so op.

As they say: put up or shut up.
    Edited by TehMagnus on October 21, 2014 1:59PM
  • Huntler
    Huntler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zbtiqua wrote: »

I don't see anything in there about skipping bosses, although it was possible to skip the storm atronarch in AA for a while. Seems pretty obvious they are referring to orbs, scalding rune exploit, igneous weapons exploit, and the 5-set stacking exploits. Maybe skipping trash too.

People did get times such as the ones the quote is referring to, the most obvious example being in your and luvboard's sig lines.

Did you even read the statement? Read it again, they state in the last line exactly what Trip said, to prevent skipping bosses.

•  Jules
    Jules
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @zbtiqua‌
    That's fine I dont need to clarify my times, because they are the fastest in the world and no1 could compete with us at the time and that hasnt changed.

laughingsmileface2.gif

Lol. This guy.
    JULES | PC NA | ADAMANT

IGN- @Juies || Youtube || Twitch
    EP - Julianos . Jules . Family Jules . Jules of Misrule. Joy
    DC - Julsie . Jules . Jukes . Jojuji . Juliet . Jaded
    AD - Juice . Jubaited . Joules . Julmanji . Julogy . Jubroni . Ju Jitsu

Rest in Peace G & Yi
    Viva La Aristocracy
  • TehMagnus
    TehMagnus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Exploiters who can't achieve good times after their exploits got patched and their scores deleted taunting people on forums :blush: gotta love the internet <3
  • zbtiqua
    zbtiqua
    ✭✭✭
    @zbtiqua‌

Your arrogance is amazing. Regardless of how skilled you or your guild is, acting superior to other people makes you look like an idiot. You could be the best gamer in the world now, and I would still have zero respect for you.
    World 1st AA HM
    World 3rd Hel Ra HM
  • Tripwyr
    Tripwyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    magnusnet wrote: »
    Exploiters who can't achieve good times after their exploits got patched and their scores deleted taunting people on forums :blush: gotta love the internet <3

Sorry, I'm a little bit confused. Our non-Orb time is still the fastest in the world.

Tripwyr Manawrath - AD NA Sorcerer, Former Emperor of Haderus; Former Emperor of Hopesfire, First Cycle
    Tripwyr Flamewrath - AD NA Dragon Knight, Former Emperor of Thornblade, First Cycle
    Ripwyr - DC NA Templar
    Nyrv - EP NA Sorcerer

I am of the firm opinion that subtracting "raging stupidity" from anyone's voice can only cause them to sound more like myself.
  •  Jules
    Jules
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Sorry, I'm a little bit confused. Our non-Orb time is still the fastest in the world.

Pre wipe times shouldn't count. Previous patches had a sleu of exploits available, and even many skills are different. Scalding rune. Frag shield. Cycle of life passive. Standards no longer stack and cause 35% dmg mit and increase, it's 20%. Crits no longer give back 3 ultimate, they give back 1. PVP buffs no longer give 20% crit, they give 8%. So many changes have occurred.

The boards were wiped and everyone was put on the same level playing field. And yet, you still claim you have best times though everyone knows they were months ago. As a community, we should recognize current leaderboard times to avoid confusion and disagreements. You said it yourself.
    JULES | PC NA | ADAMANT

Rest in Peace G & Yi
    Viva La Aristocracy
  • Tripwyr
    Tripwyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Pre wipe times shouldn't count. Previous patches had a sleu of exploits available, and even many skills are different. Scalding rune. Frag shield. Cycle of life passive. Standards no longer stack and cause 35% dmg mit and increase, it's 20%. Crits no longer give back 3 ultimate, they give back 1. PVP buffs no longer give 20% crit, they give 8%. So many changes have occurred.

You can choose to count them or not count them, nobody cares. We deal more damage now than we did then, so literally everything you just said is irrelevant.
    The boards were wiped and everyone was put on the same level playing field. And yet, you still claim you have best times though everyone knows they were months ago. As a community, we should recognize current leaderboard times to avoid confusion and disagreements. You said it yourself.

You can quote me out of context, I can quote you out of context. I chose to respect our consensus, you didn't.

Ripwyr - DC NA Templar
    Nyrv - EP NA Sorcerer

•  Jules
    Jules
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

You can choose to count them or not count them, nobody cares. We deal more damage now than we did then, so literally everything you just said is irrelevant.

You can quote me out of context, I can quote you out of context. I chose to respect our consensus, you didn't.

111-1.jpg

222.jpg

333.jpg

Really? I didn't respect our consensus? Think again bro.
    JULES | PC NA | ADAMANT

Rest in Peace G & Yi
    Viva La Aristocracy
  • Tripwyr
    Tripwyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭

111-1.jpg

222.jpg

333.jpg

Really? I didn't respect our consensus? Think again bro.

Lol screenshots are cute. Your signature was pre-wipe times until you finally beat your old time last week (2 weeks ago?).

As you said in screenshot #2, you were proud of your pre-wipe times and so are we, especially since nobody in the world has beaten them yet. I even went ahead and respected your message in screenshot #3, while you failed to do the same until you finally beat your old time (on content now 4 weeks irrelevant).

Ripwyr - DC NA Templar
    Nyrv - EP NA Sorcerer

• robertlive2014
    robertlive2014
    ✭✭✭
    Hi!
    I appreciate it, it is obviously up to you and your guild to decide, but I feel the fairest way to do things it to display our current times and avoid misleading other
    You've got plenty of accolades, you don't need to post your exploit times.
    But yes, I think only posting current leaderboards and keeping old times to ourselves is fair
    I'm looking forward to seeing your guild's leaderboard time for Sanctum Ophidia.
    I will consider it and talk with my GM. I know that we are proud of our pre wipe times because we know that they are not orb or exploit times
    Which time was more difficult to achieve in Aetherian Archive, that 7 1/2 minute orb time, or that 9 minute horse jump time? I heard you could also skipped the first boss, how did that work?

-Thanks
  • sbanned_530978
    sbanned_530978
    ✭✭✭
    @Jules‌ Do you screen shot all you private messages?
  • Tripwyr
    Tripwyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi!
    I appreciate it, it is obviously up to you and your guild to decide, but I feel the fairest way to do things it to display our current times and avoid misleading other
    But yes, I think only posting current leaderboards and keeping old times to ourselves is fair
    I'm looking forward to seeing your guild's leaderboard time for Sanctum Ophidia.
    I will consider it and talk with my GM. I know that we are proud of our pre wipe times because we know that they are not orb or exploit times
    Which time was more difficult to achieve in Aetherian Archive, that 7 1/2 minute orb time, or that 9 minute horse jump time? I heard you could also skipped the first boss, how did that work?

-Thanks

Definitely the 9 minute time, the 7 1/2 minute time was basically just figuring how to do it without our players disconnecting. We never figured out how to skip the first boss, so the 9 minute time did not include that. Skipping the first boss back then would have saved about 15 seconds or so (5 second kill). There is a video somewhere, I believe Reese Withoutherspoon streamed the run.

EDIT: The third quote (which I am responding to) is actually Jules.

While we appreciate that, we still consider it a valid time since it was in competition with other guilds using the same technique (Potato and the red guild with the 7m 43s time).
    Edited by Tripwyr on October 23, 2014 6:20AM

Ripwyr - DC NA Templar
    Nyrv - EP NA Sorcerer

•  Jules
    Jules
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Screenshot_20141016_003806-1.png

What can I say? I like screenshots.
    JULES | PC NA | ADAMANT

Rest in Peace G & Yi
    Viva La Aristocracy
  • xANTIxMATTERx
    xANTIxMATTERx
    ✭✭✭
    While we appreciate that, we still consider it a valid time since it was in competition with other guilds using the same technique (Potato and the red guild with the 7m 43s time).

Again you're misinformed Trip, we never ran a single orb run - and we never ran one with the red guild that did.
    Anti-Matter | Nightblade | AR 40 | Flawless Conqueror | Former Emperor x 2
    Anti-Psychotic | Stamplar | AR 25 | Former Emperor
    Anti-Matter | Stam DK | AR 18 | Former Emperor
    Anti-Gravity | Stam Sorcerer | AR 10 | Flawless Conqueror
    Anti-Freeze | Magicka DK | Flawless Conqueror
    Anti-One | Magicka Sorc | Flawless Conqueror
    Anti-Matter | Magplar | Shehai Shatterer

Officer of Haxus | NA
    Member of The Order of Mundus | NA
    Former Member of Havoc, IR, Learn 2 Play and Crown Store Heros
  • Tripwyr
    Tripwyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Again you're misinformed Trip, we never ran a single orb run - and we never ran one with the red guild that did.

Several of your members disagree with you and recall being warned that they would be kicked if they didn't get Orbs. Sorry that you couldn't figure out how to do it without crashing, but that doesn't mean you didn't try.

Ripwyr - DC NA Templar
    Nyrv - EP NA Sorcerer

• Hektlk
    Hektlk
    ✭✭✭

Several of your members disagree with you and recall being warned that they would be kicked if they didn't get Orbs. Sorry that you couldn't figure out how to do it without crashing, but that doesn't mean you didn't try.

Just because you have orbs leveled, means that you have an orb time?

dead-horse.gif

Potato Syndicate, IR, Havoc
    Ebonheart Pact, North America

Hektík - VR14 Imperial Templar
  • TehMagnus
    TehMagnus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

It's not in the leaderboard. So it isn't.

Once again, who knows how many of your exploiters players where using "Get Powerfull" exploits like scalding runes|igneous weapons spaming.

Leaderboards where cleared mainly because of your exploited timers. Get new times and maybe you'll regain some credibility and avoid being confused when people laugh at your "times".
    Edited by TehMagnus on November 3, 2014 10:21AM