The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Nightblade leveling/skills

johnIV
johnIV
Hey guys so I just came back to the game. Decided to wait a few months before getting into the game because mmos are known for their launch bugs.

Anyways I have chose a nightblade for my starting main character, and had a few questions for skills/weapons to use while leveling. I heard that destro staff was the best for AoE. What would I use for single target on swap? Also is a mix between magika and health the best way to go for stats?

Pretty much just need help on everything. Mostly weapon choices and what skills to put with those weapons for best results. I have always liked the stealthy dark caster assassin.

P.s. Will be going vampire too.
Thanks
  • set44ub17_ESO1
    Honestly I think you should try what you want 1-50, can always change it in the harder content. You can't bounce arround to much at the low levels do to the lack of skill points. So focus on getting one ability in each branch of your class skills. Pick a weapon and go. That's whats great about this game is a lot of things can and will work. If you want some ideas, try YouTube.

AOE isn't that important unless your going to just grind mobs to max level, which if this is your first toon, your missing out on the game, imo. Pluss you will miss out on a bunch of skyshards.
  • mosbies
    mosbies
    Soul Shriven
    My skill set after hitting VR is following ( now I am VR7 )

http://esohead.com/calculator/skills#mcsz9s8IPQY8hmKC8hMZp8IPUP8A4hi8IPwA8hesT8IPQf8IPqU8IPUv8A4hd8DohU8e7CbaqT6baqS8v7CNanS6IanX8C7bIzqu8F7JbzrJ6NzrO6Nbuy6bbux6Abut8O7MddeF8zz7zztyfm8zf7ozNbo6bNbk8zu7zzHfYE6zHfZd8zG7zzHQ3F8zI7zzJIoX6zJIkL8zN7zzJZcY8zA7zzKpUN8zL7zzK4EX

Destruction staff for AOE and Rest for Single target and buff before AOE.

AOE; QS > PE > EL
    if number of mobs under 3 or I lost much Health before EL , sometimes up Soul Tether. In this way, you can kill 6-9 mobs at once.

Single Target ; QS > CS or QS > CC > FH > light weave > CC > FH....

works nice for me.

Playing in Craglorn may need another skill set.
    Edited by mosbies on October 28, 2014 11:18PM
  • lolo_01b16_ESO
    lolo_01b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I would also recommend just to experiment which weapon and skills fit best to your style of playing the game. For us it's impossible to tell which skills you should use. On my vet14 chars I have skilled 4 different weapons each and I switch between them depending on what I'm doing and with whom I'm playing.
    The attribute points don't really matter, as you also have other ways to influence your attributes (enchantments, mundus stone, buff food,...).
  • spryler
    spryler
    ✭✭✭
    You can get to level 50 with pretty much any build. Once you get into the veteran levels and the end game you can start optimizing for the "best" build. Now just do what you want and have fun.
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    best build? Light Armor and a destro/resto staff/block and spam<insert ability>

do what is the most fun to you.