The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Spectre's Eye - bugged now and seems on PTS too

Semfim
Semfim
✭✭✭
Ok so I decided to try this set out with a destro/resto build for pvp but it failed considerably since the buff, which is supposed to activate on every magicka using spell activates in only 2 of the skills on my skill bar. I am using destro-resto skills and class skills.

Is there something I'm missing? I was seraching the forums last night and someone complained that it wasnt fixed on PTS, since they had nerfed it because it activated on every skill, but when I crafted it I thought it would activate on destro/resto + class skills, which all use magicka...

Anything I'm doing wrong or should I just stock the armor i purpled on the bank waiting for better days?

EDIT: I'm unsure now if its working or not, since what i thought showed on ftc buff display is from another skill. Any chance to check this out??
Edited by Semfim on October 29, 2014 6:50PM
  • Illumous
    Illumous
    ✭✭✭
    I think you are referring to my post on the PTS section...
    Illumous wrote: »
    A number of magicka based abilities are now not procing Spectre's Eye set's dodge bonus. Some of the abilities I have seen it not work on include:
    • Puncturing Sweep
    • Spell Symmetry
    • Extended Ritual
    • Blinding Flashes
    • Inner Light
    There are likely more, but this is what I've found so far on my characters skills.

You fixed the problem where everything was procing it, now it doesn't proc on things it used to and should :\

The problem on the PTS is that some skills activate it and others do not. There really isn't any consistency with what does and what doesn't. The way you can tell if the Spectre's Eye effect is procing is if the fading animation goes off on your character model after using an ability.

I'd have to log into the live server again (haven't been on recently) to confirm if it is currently happening there.
    Sol-Illumous | Breton Templar | Mag Support/Healer | EP
    Sol-Ventus | Imperial Templar | Stam DPS | EP
    Famìne | Argonian Templar | Mag Support/Healer | DC
    NA Azura's Star (PC) - WCFC (Myrmidons) & Horsemen of Apocalypse
  • glavius
    glavius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As long as there is such an annoying sound activating everytime it procs, I won't bother using it. Really annoying!!
  • phreatophile
    phreatophile
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    glavius wrote: »
    As long as there is such an annoying sound activating everytime it procs, I won't bother using it. Really annoying!!

This. I seemed like a great set on paper. Even if it actually worked as advertised in the tool tip, the activation sound is an affront to the ears.
  • Semfim
    Semfim
    ✭✭✭
    yeah.. ive been playing with it and it seems to work "better" than intended since even increasing run speed will trigger it ATM. They are fixing it on the PTS (from what i heard) but I my 20 elegant linings spent say they better not break it :disappointed_relieved:

About the sound I dont really mind, since my guildies spweing nonsense on teamspeak overlap it :D