Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Just Coming Back to ESO

betbill2b14_ESO
Hi All

I left ESO for a bit, the reason, though unimportant, was that Level 6 and above areas were deserted.

I'm willing to try this again, but need a little advice, It appears the upper levels are still deserted. I'm level 7 and level points are few and far between.

My Question; How do I get enough points to get to the next level without the group content?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.
  • ers101284b14_ESO
    ers101284b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Are you talking regular level 7 or Vet Rank 7? Cause either way just do regular quests and you will get more than enough XP to get to the next level. Also joining a guild with TS to do the group content would be more fun than most PUG groups. While PUG groups are much better in this game than other MMO's guild fun is just awesome.
  • betbill2b14_ESO
    I'm Vet rank 7.

I have been grinding all content, in each level. I like to take my time and clear every quest I find but at the vet level you don't get many points without the Dolo's or group dungeons.

I find my self getting further and further behind, which I find frustrating.

Thank you for your reply.
  • ers101284b14_ESO
    ers101284b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Hey man no problem. Honestly I didn't want to spoil the stories for myself so i sped level through the other 2 factions and got to Craglorn. Now that I am there I can play through the other factions stories with new characters and enjoy it. I can then wait for my guildies to be free when I am ready to do group content like dungeons. Most world bosses and dolmens can actually be soloed. But really its your choice but I would focus on the quests and searching every area then go back when you have made some friends to do the dungeons.
    Edited by ers101284b14_ESO on October 31, 2014 8:31PM
  • betbill2b14_ESO
    Yeah, you are right, I really should be guilded, But lets just say, ahem, I'm getting on in years.

Not to sure I would fit in.
  • betbill2b14_ESO
    Hey man no problem. Honestly I didn't want to spoil the stories for myself so i sped level through the other 2 factions and got to Craglorn. Now that I am there I can play through the other factions stories with new characters and enjoy it. I can then wait for my guildies to be free when I am ready to do group content like dungeons. Most world bosses and dolmens can actually be soloed. But really its your choice but I would focus on the quests and searching every area then go back when you have made some friends to do the dungeons.

How is Craglorn, for a level 7 vet? is it pretty doable?

• WraithAzraiel
    WraithAzraiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey bud, word of advice, stop questing until next week. Once Update 5 hits, resume questing. Update 5 is getting rid of Veteran Points and replacing them with the same type of XP you got from 1-50. Veteran Ranks will come more easily as they'll only require 1.4 million xp and some change, rather than the exponentially increasing amount of VP currently needed for each VR.

That being said, there are plenty of guilds that have older folks, I think the oldest person we got in the guild I belong to is in his late 60s early 70s, youngest in their early 20s and everything in between.

They exist.

Good luck to ya.
    Shendell De'Gull - V14 Vampire Nightblade

Captain of the Black Howling

"There's no such thing as overkill..."

"No problem on the face of the Earth exists what can't be fixed with the proper application of enough duct tape and 550 cord."

P2PBetaTesters
    #Tamriel_BETA_Team
    #BETA_TESTER4LYF
    DominionMasterRace
    #GOAHEADTHEYGOTCANDY
    #SEEMSLEGIT
  • Shunravi
    Shunravi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yeah, you are right, I really should be guilded, But lets just say, ahem, I'm getting on in years.

Not to sure I would fit in.

I believe a good many of the 'oldtimers guilds' are still around and kicking.

Barring that, there are guilds ranging from casual to hardcore you may find yourself liking. I would personally pick up a trade guild and get to know people there. They can often be quite diverse (if they are at all talkative), and you can get into a more specific guild through the people you meet.

You could also pick through this and other forums guild listings.

Good luck out there!
    Edited by Shunravi on October 31, 2014 8:43PM
    This one has an eloquent and well thought out response to tha... Ooh sweetroll!
  • ers101284b14_ESO
    ers101284b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

For solo? No craglorn is group content and you will die quickly if you try to solo it. You can get a grind group if you want to speed through to vet rank 14 and start doing trials and what not. Also next update has dailies so you might be able to get some good groups who are doing that to clear your group content.
  • betbill2b14_ESO
    Hey bud, word of advice, stop questing until next week. Once Update 5 hits, resume questing. Update 5 is getting rid of Veteran Points and replacing them with the same type of XP you got from 1-50. Veteran Ranks will come more easily as they'll only require 1.4 million xp and some change, rather than the exponentially increasing amount of VP currently needed for each VR.

That being said, there are plenty of guilds that have older folks, I think the oldest person we got in the guild I belong to is in his late 60s early 70s, youngest in their early 20s and everything in between.

They exist.

Good luck to ya.

Thank you for the words of encouragement and the advice, Both of you! and I appreciate the advice.

When I get home from work, I will work on all the suggestions here.

Really, this was more than I had hoped for.

TUVM

• Shunravi
    Shunravi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

If you manage your survivability, you can solo most of it. It's certainly doable.

The only problems that I have encountered solo are a few bosses, and the 4 man gates.
  • betbill2b14_ESO
    Shunravi wrote: »

If you manage your survivability, you can solo most of it. It's certainly doable.

The only problems that I have encountered solo are a few bosses, and the 4 man gates.

I'm a Nightblade/Warlock, Full cloth set, I've had to be pretty sneaky to survive ;)

TUVM.

Edited by betbill2b14_ESO on October 31, 2014 8:58PM
  • Shunravi
    Shunravi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Shunravi wrote: »

I'm a Nightblade/Warlock, I've had to be pretty sneaky to survive ;)

TUVM.

I'm a Nightblade tank/dps/healer. Stealth is fun, but not necessary.

TUVM
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Not necessarily. I have been on PTS and you get garbage XP for questing/exploring in the Vet zones. In current Vet zones, I will hand in a quest and get like 60,000 VP if it clears the area. I'll get like 40,000 VP for clearing a World Boss or completing a solo delve. On PTS, I might get 5000 XP or 7000 XP.

You do get more XP for killing mobs on PTS than you get VP for killing mobs on Live, but not drastically more.

I have not extensively explored PTS, but it definitely seemed like you will level up no faster, and probably slower, then before if you plan on gaining levels doing quests and exploring the Vet zones, as opposed to group grinding in Craglorn.

In other words, points needed to level up have been reduced, but the points you get from questing/exploring have been reduced, too. And it seemed to me that the reduction in what you get from questing/exploring is more extreme than the reduction in what you need to level up.

You do get XP from discovering locations, something you never got VP for. But I found a cave on PTS and got 333 XP, which is pathetic. You'd do better grinding mudcrabs than exploring.

Maybe I am wrong. Maybe there are reservoirs of XP out there that I missed. Maybe there are some zone quest line bosses, like Angof the Gravesinger or High Kinlady Estre, that now give a huge burst of XP.
  • leeux
    leeux
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @betbill2b14_ESO‌

Just in case it interest you: I'm in a guild which is strictly for 40+ and we have people with many more than that, full of awesome people :)
    We're on the NA server only. The guild is called Antique Ordinatus Populus :)

If you want to take a look, check the link in my signature, it'll take you to our site.

If you're on the EU server there's another guild there:Rusty Old Weapons

And there's this other guild called TOTG: The Old Timers Guild.

And sorry for the spam, I don't like the advertisement, but just wanted to give you the info I know.

I'd encourage you to check the Guild Headquarters section on this forum for even more options.

Last thing, check this thread, so you'll surely wont feel alone anymore :smiley:

Best of luck to you!

Cheers,
    Leandro.

EDIT: Added info about the real EU guild.
    Edited by leeux on October 31, 2014 9:31PM
    PC/NA - Proud old member of the Antique Ordinatus Populus

My chars
    Liana Amnell (AD mSorc L50+, ex EP) =x= Lehnnan Klennett (AD mTemplar L50+ Healer/Support ) =x= Ethim Amnell (AD mDK L50+, ex DC)
    Leinwyn Valaene (AD mSorc L50+) =x= Levus Artorias (AD mDK-for-now L50+) =x= Madril Ulessen (AD mNB L50+) =x= Lyra Amnis (AD not-Stamplar-yet L50+)
    I only PvP on AD chars

~~ «And blossoms anew beneath tomorrow's sun >>»
    ~~ «I am forever swimming around, amidst this ocean world we call home... >>»
    ~~ "Let strength be granted so the world might be mended... so the world might be mended."
    ~~ "Slash the silver chain that binds thee to life"
    ~~ Our cries will shrill, the air will moan and crash into the dawn. >>
    ~~ The sands of time were eroded by the river of constant change >>
  • betbill2b14_ESO
    leeux wrote: »
    @betbill2b14_ESO‌

Just in case it interest you: I'm in a guild which is strictly for 40+ and we have people with many more than that, full of awesome people :)
    We're on the NA server only. The guild is called Antique Ordinatus Populus :)

If you want to take a look, check the link in my signature, it'll take you to our site.

If you're on the EU server there's another guild there:Rusty Old Weapons

And there's this other guild called TOTG: The Old Timers Guild.

And sorry for the spam, I don't like the advertisement, but just wanted to give you the info I know.

I'd encourage you to check the Guild Headquarters section on this forum for even more options.

Last thing, check this thread, so you'll surely wont feel alone anymore :smiley:

Best of luck to you!

Cheers,
    Leandro.

EDIT: Added info about the real EU guild.

I'll look you guys up when I get in game.

Thank you!!!

• thelordoffelines
    thelordoffelines
    ✭✭✭✭✭

They exist.

Good luck to ya.

They don't increase exponentially now they increase linearly. I'm pretty sure at vet 1 its 450k till vet 2 and it increases by 450k for each level. Now I'm not saying that isn't a lot, it just isn't exponential- its linear.
  • polar
    polar
    ✭✭✭
    There are many many great guilds in the game. I agree with others here that you should find a guild.

If you are AD/NA you should also check out The Noore (see me in game if interested @polarnightshade). We are an open and friendly group and have quite a few players with more life experience than others and they fit in just fine.
    Polar Nightshade

Guild Master of The Noore
    thenoore.net