The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Levelling enchant on an alt with the help of my main?

Welka
Welka
✭✭✭✭✭
Hi guys,

My main char is lv50 in enchanting and I would like to train my alts to 50 as well. A good friend helped me getting my main to 50 by crafting glyphs and let me deconstruct them, but it's tedious task and I don't feel like asking her to do that for me again.
So if I craft glyphs with my main and let my alt deconstruct them, will it yield as much XP as if it was another player who crafted them? Does anybody know?

Thanks

Best Answer

• KenjiJU
    KenjiJU
    ✭✭✭
    Yes.
    Answer ✓
  • Welka
    Welka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • bigscoothb14_ESO
    Rank up your alt to around lvl 35 enchanting, then make some glyphs using 2 or 3 unused runes and get the boost for discovering them. That should take you to lvl 40.
    Edited by bigscoothb14_ESO on October 31, 2014 12:17PM
    Hells Bell___________________Highelf Sorc
    D-Argo______________________Orc DK
    Orici Adria__________________Breton Templar
    Primortial Erubus____________Woodelf NB
    Vortas______________________Darkelf Sorc
    Quickly-Kills-for-Skooma_____Khajiit NB
  • Welka
    Welka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rank up your alt to around lvl 35 enchanting, then make some glyphs using 2 or 3 unused runes and get the boost for discovering them. That should take you to lvl 40.

Seriously? I know discovering runes give a lot of xp but I don't think I'll take 5 levels by just discovering 3 runes :P

Saying that, my alt has discovered no rune yet, so I'll probably do as you suggest, wait for lv 35 and discover all runes to get some good XP ;)
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welka wrote: »
    Seriously? I know discovering runes give a lot of xp but I don't think I'll take 5 levels by just discovering 3 runes :P

Saying that, my alt has discovered no rune yet, so I'll probably do as you suggest, wait for lv 35 and discover all runes to get some good XP ;)

You get large amounts of Inspiration for learning new Runes. So, some say that it is better to wait until you are a higher level to use Runes that you have never used before. So, say you never use Stamina and Frost and Shield in a rune, then save those for later on in your Enchanting Leveling. Same with Potency Runes. And, you can get huge amounts if you use a new Potency, Aspect and Essence Rune for the first time in one Glyph.

However all the Inspiration guides I see for Enchanting use Fixed numbers for the values of Inspiration, not a percentage. So, I don't see the difference myself if the inspiration gained is a number value and not a percentage. You would just get more levels at a lower level than at a higher level. Perhaps learning a new Potency rune gives more Inspiration as the Potency runes increase in power, so it seems like a percentage. Same with Aspects for the first time, but I don't see how this would be different on an Essence Rune.
    Edited by Nestor on October 31, 2014 5:27PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    double post

Edited by Nestor on October 31, 2014 5:27PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"