Maintenance for the week of May 20:
· [COMPLETE] NA megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] EU megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 18:00 UTC (14:00PM EDT)
· [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

FIX STEALTH

morvegil
morvegil
✭✭✭✭
Im a NB...i get attacked by another NB. we fight...she hits Dark Cloak and just dissapears....but i Shadow Cloak and I AM STUCK UNSTEALTHED.....so then teh NB comes back adn ganks from me stealth...WTF!!!
Lo'ke
Nord Vampire
Nightblade
Shield+BOW

Daggerfall Covenant
Bandit King
Bridge Bandits Guild
  • Jacques Berge
    Jacques Berge
    ✭✭✭✭
    You appear to require some training in the art of subterfuge, young padawan...

Your opponent could have simply spammed cloak till he got some cover, regened, and cloaked back in the take you out. I will tell you this much, I have never been hit with a sneak attack and then tried to fight the guy unless I was marked. Also, I always mark other NBs after right after my opener... Less efficient but they don't have burst heals so I can afford to do it. It requires a bit more finesse if you're gonna be a cloak and dagger NB. My advice to you, of this happens again, don't attack right away, use piercing mark and pop cloak, achieve stealth. This will allow you to heal and put him on the defensive. Using dark shades on a marked target is a good way to prevent a player from A). Blocking your opener. B). Sap their resources by blocking or using shields.
    "Shadow hide you"

Jacques Berge - v14 NB - DC
    Options
  • morvegil
    morvegil
    ✭✭✭✭
    NO, I was spamming dark cloak too..and we both ran away....thing is the other player actually STEALthed. Ive had this nurmerous times where i am in stealth for minutes after a battle...yet other battles I can stealth as normal.
    Lo'ke
    Nord Vampire
    Nightblade
    Shield+BOW

Daggerfall Covenant
    Bandit King
    Bridge Bandits Guild
    Options
  • jelliedsoup
    jelliedsoup
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stealth is not viewed positively in this game.

Dark cloak breaks for me all the time, I get hit/seen while in it.

1.5 nerfs stealth attacks.

www.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=Ks8_KGHqmO4
    Options
  • Nysticc
    Nysticc
    ✭✭✭
    There are a few attacks which if blocked you CANNOT re-stealth until that person is either dead, miles away or line of sight is broken and you wait. Best thing to do in this situation is to retreat and send a ticket.
    Options
  • Gix
    Gix
    ✭✭✭✭
    morvegil wrote: »
    NO, I was spamming dark cloak too..and we both ran away....thing is the other player actually STEALthed. Ive had this nurmerous times where i am in stealth for minutes after a battle...yet other battles I can stealth as normal.
    How do you know he's not thinking the same thing about you?
    Options
  • static_recharge
    static_recharge
    ✭✭✭✭
    Piercing Mark (morph of Mark Target) NB ability - allows you to see stealthed enemies.

You could have been affected by this ability.
    Options
  • sagitter
    sagitter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe spotted by a guard? Also detect potion works vs invisibility, usefull vs NB.
    Options
  • Jacques Berge
    Jacques Berge
    ✭✭✭✭
    There really is a big issue with the required conditions for reaquiring stealth. I got in a knock-down, drag-out fight with a DK with over 4K hp... The guy pretty much blocked the whole time, used whip a few times but more or less it was me doing all the attacking with him doing a lot of blocking with some counters. Anyway, I was able to achieve stealth inexplicably mid combat while I was about 20m away. I kept fighting though, was able to wear him down and kill him. It was a good fight.

But, like I said, I achieved stealth mid combat, which you shouldn't be able to really do... The stealth mechanic is terribly jacked up at the current juncture... I've been incredibly successful in pvp, utilizing the stealth mechanic, but I can agree... It is very, very annoying some times.
    "Shadow hide you"

Jacques Berge - v14 NB - DC
    Options
  • MiyaTheUnbroken
    MiyaTheUnbroken
    ✭✭✭✭
    I feel like a broken record saying this so often, and I hope y'all don't get annoyed with me.

I believe you are experiencing the stuck in combat bug. It does not affect your enemy, just you. There's really nothing you can do, but try your damnedest to run and hide in the terrain. It's caused by several different factors, and I've yet to find anyone who knows how to avoid it consistently or fix it once it's happened. Occasionally it will be a corpse you are stuck in combat with, and it will not end until that player respawns. It also affects your ability to use transports and the /stuck feature. Nothing better than being stuck in the ground and stuck in combat while enemies are searching for you. Good times. Or when a siege has ended, but some jerk afk'd after dying instead of respawning and despite the fact there are no enemies anywhere near the keep and you are inside inner with all the walls up, you're still stuck in *** combat! It adds a level frustration and rage that this game really needs.

I may be extremely bitter about this.
    Options
  • morvegil
    morvegil
    ✭✭✭✭
    Piercing Mark (morph of Mark Target) NB ability - allows you to see stealthed enemies.

You could have been affected by this ability.

no i wasnt...because ive been marked before and I know what it looks like.
    Lo'ke
    Nord Vampire
    Nightblade
    Shield+BOW

Daggerfall Covenant
    Bandit King
    Bridge Bandits Guild
    Options
  • morvegil
    morvegil
    ✭✭✭✭
    I feel like a broken record saying this so often, and I hope y'all don't get annoyed with me.

I believe you are experiencing the stuck in combat bug. It does not affect your enemy, just you. There's really nothing you can do, but try your damnedest to run and hide in the terrain. It's caused by several different factors, and I've yet to find anyone who knows how to avoid it consistently or fix it once it's happened. Occasionally it will be a corpse you are stuck in combat with, and it will not end until that player respawns. It also affects your ability to use transports and the /stuck feature. Nothing better than being stuck in the ground and stuck in combat while enemies are searching for you. Good times. Or when a siege has ended, but some jerk afk'd after dying instead of respawning and despite the fact there are no enemies anywhere near the keep and you are inside inner with all the walls up, you're still stuck in *** combat! It adds a level frustration and rage that this game really needs.

I may be extremely bitter about this.

I 100% believe this is it...
    Lo'ke
    Nord Vampire
    Nightblade
    Shield+BOW

Daggerfall Covenant
    Bandit King
    Bridge Bandits Guild
    Options