The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Why are stealth attacks being nerfed?

Wicked_Wolf
Wicked_Wolf
✭✭✭✭
I have pretty high dps and crit on my stealth NB. I never really noticed anything over the top from stealth attacks. Just seemed like your typical TES sneak attack bonus. Is this a PvP thing? Forgive my ignorance; I don't PvP much, if at all.
  • Jacques Berge
    Jacques Berge
    ✭✭✭✭
    It actually will only affect pvp... It's sneak attack vs other players. The reason is because players were able to buff their damage so high that they were able to achieve instant-a-kills on players who don't pay attention to their surroundings... Those players have drowned ZoS with their tears. So, ZoS is acting accordingly.
    "Shadow hide you"

Jacques Berge - v14 NB - DC
  • Wicked_Wolf
    Wicked_Wolf
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ah I see. Ok thank you for the clarification.
  • NadiusMaximus
    NadiusMaximus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kind of hard to pay attention to the surroundings with more than a split second lag. Walk along, lag, boom hit for 1200,600,and 400. Wtf is that, then dead while trying to heal but get hit for another 600 to 1200.

It took me six months to finally see an actual bat swarm. I never knew it had an animation. Never seen one except on the cause of death screen. Now archers are getting me with their 3 hits in 2 second move. Snipe, heavy attack, poison arrow, all hitting with in a second or two.

So, in my opinion, it's not needing a nerf it's perfect the way it is. The problem is from the lag, and ZOS is changing stuff instead of fixing stuff to cover up the main problem. In my opinion.
  • Jacques Berge
    Jacques Berge
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kind of hard to pay attention to the surroundings with more than a split second lag. Walk along, lag, boom hit for 1200,600,and 400. Wtf is that, then dead while trying to heal but get hit for another 600 to 1200.

It took me six months to finally see an actual bat swarm. I never knew it had an animation. Never seen one except on the cause of death screen. Now archers are getting me with their 3 hits in 2 second move. Snipe, heavy attack, poison arrow, all hitting with in a second or two.

So, in my opinion, it's not needing a nerf it's perfect the way it is. The problem is from the lag, and ZOS is changing stuff instead of fixing stuff to cover up the main problem. In my opinion.

I enjoy your level headed, honest input. The snipe flight time and damage is already being reduced... Those two tweaks should be enough to reduce the combos OP status. Ambush-death stroke- killers blade is just as deadly if not more... But at least that puts you in the thick of things. I can agree with bow sneak attacks being less than the melee modifier. As this is the case with every other TES game.
    "Shadow hide you"

Jacques Berge - v14 NB - DC
  • TRIP233
    TRIP233
    ✭✭✭
    because, getting one shotted or two shotted hurts.
  • CapuchinSeven
    CapuchinSeven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TRIP233 wrote: »
    because, getting one shotted or two shotted hurts.

I actually got killed by a bow user a few days ago, just the bow user; he wasn't leaching from others like most bow builds do, it stuck in my mind so much because it's the first time in forever I've been dumb enough to let it happen.
  • Vizier
    Vizier
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It seems a Knee-Jerk reaction...seems.

It is my hope there is actually a method to the madness and we'll see that in conjunction with other changes the damage from stealth nerf won't decimate gank builds. Yes I said Gank builds. I think they are as valid a build as a DK that can take on 3 people and win and they make up a sizable portion of the pvp community. It is possible the nerf will balance out when considered with the rest and what's to come.
    Edited by Vizier on October 31, 2014 9:34AM
  • CapuchinSeven
    CapuchinSeven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vizier wrote: »
    It seems a Knee-Jerk reaction...seems.

It is my hope there is actually a method to the madness and we'll see that in conjunction with other changes the damage from stealth nerf won't decimate gank builds. Yes I said Gank builds. I think they are as valid a build as a DK that can take on 3 people and win and they make up a sizable portion of the pvp community. It is possible the nerf will balance out when considered with the rest and what's to come.

Apparently DK's standing on the spot holding block and healing from 5% health to 90% health, Templar's shielding themselves while spamming a perma-stagger spear or Sorcs running around with 2k worth of shields on top of another 2k health building unlimited ultimate from bolt spamming is all okay though.