Maintenance for the week of May 20:
· [COMPLETE] NA megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] EU megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 18:00 UTC (14:00PM EDT)
· [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

When the CP system hits, what happens to T-Maps?

Sindala
Sindala
✭✭✭✭✭
As the title says, I've been saving maps up and even have all my CE maps still. Was gonna use them once I reached VR14 (if I ever did) as I was told they were level specific.
Once we are all brought down to lvl 50 in the new system, what happens to the maps though? Has this been mentioned anywhere or even thought of? Do I suddenly get best in slot stuff from T-maps? or are they effectively useless? ect???
Being First is not the prize, it just mean's everyone can stab you in the back.
  • ers101284b14_ESO
    ers101284b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The champ system is going to exist side by side with the vet system for a while so you still have time so no worries there. When vet goes completely bye bye then everything in it should be lowered
    Options
  • Sindala
    Sindala
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's my point, are they just gonna give out junk I could buy from a vendor after the CP or are they gonna give 'better' than bought stuff?
    I mite aswell use them all now otherwise for the xp gains if i'm just hoarding for no real reason anymore....urgh....gonna be pissed if I use them and they then make them even better....
    Options
  • Zed
    Zed
    ✭✭✭
    CE maps, btw, are based on the level of the area and don't contain stuff that is all that great. If you're in a position to be worrying about the champion system, chances are your current gear is far better, or will be far better, than whatever the CE maps will give you.
    Spend spend spend! 'Cause you don't know any better.
    Options
  • WraithAzraiel
    WraithAzraiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yea whoever told you CE maps give you stuff that's your level was incorrect.

They'll give you stuff on level with the zone, and are either normal if claimed on a lowbie or that zones veteran level if claimed on a vet.

Nothing you will ever open treasure map wise will be v14.
    Shendell De'Gull - V14 Vampire Nightblade

Captain of the Black Howling

"There's no such thing as overkill..."

"No problem on the face of the Earth exists what can't be fixed with the proper application of enough duct tape and 550 cord."

P2PBetaTesters
    #Tamriel_BETA_Team
    #BETA_TESTER4LYF
    DominionMasterRace
    #GOAHEADTHEYGOTCANDY
    #SEEMSLEGIT
    Options
  • Zed
    Zed
    ✭✭✭
    Nothing you will ever open treasure map wise will be v14.
    It's been ages since I've seen one but Cyrodiil treasure maps are based on level. Or used to be based on level. I haven't seen one in a number of months so I don't know if that has been changed or not.
    Spend spend spend! 'Cause you don't know any better.
    Options
  • murmur
    murmur
    ✭✭✭
    Max level of items of treasure maps is level of area, all Craglorn maps gives out v11 items even if your toon is v14.
    Options
  • Sindala
    Sindala
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol, so what your all saying is I shouldn't bother hoarding them and just use them now and free up an Alt mule char? :)
    Options
  • GreyBrow
    GreyBrow
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sindala wrote: »
    As the title says, I've been saving maps up and even have all my CE maps still. Was gonna use them once I reached VR14 (if I ever did) as I was told they were level specific.
    Once we are all brought down to lvl 50 in the new system, what happens to the maps though? Has this been mentioned anywhere or even thought of? Do I suddenly get best in slot stuff from T-maps? or are they effectively useless? ect???

Treasure maps give you vendor trash at best anyway, even CE ones at VR14. Not worth the time fast traveling to find them
    Options
  • Cuyler
    Cuyler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sindala wrote: »
    Lol, so what your all saying is I shouldn't bother hoarding them and just use them now and free up an Alt mule char? :)

Cyro/Crag maps are the only ones worth anything at level cap. And what I mean by "worth" is a few grand souls gems and maybe a purple glyph/item to decon or sell.

None of it will help your build really
    Guild: STACK n BURN (gm) PC - NA
    CP 810 18 Maxed Characters:
    "How hard can u guar?" - Rafishul[/spoiler]
    Options