Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

The scamp doesn't appear to be speak

Katinas
Katinas
✭✭✭✭
kiznatobespeak.jpg
Kizna, the Dragonstar Arena scamp merchant doesn't appear to be speak, but does offer some basic services. I've already opened a ticket a while ago asking that maybe he doesn't appear to be speaking or something, but seems like he just doesn't appear to be speak. Can't grammatical errors like that be fixed during maintenance or minor fixes?
Edited by Katinas on October 28, 2014 2:37PM
  • Gedalya
    Gedalya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, this is true; but I think it is supposed to be this way. I could be mistaken but when I have played I was not under the impression there was a bug.
    Baskin Robbins always finds out.

Check out my ESO name generator: eso.tamriel.org
  • guybrushtb16_ESO
    guybrushtb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Gedalya wrote: »
    Yes, this is true; but I think it is supposed to be this way. I could be mistaken but when I have played I was not under the impression there was a bug.

What? This is just a very obvious typo and nothing more, there really isn't any room for discussion here...
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Katinas wrote: »
    kiznatobespeak.jpg
    Kizna, the Dragonstar Arena scamp merchant doesn't appear to be speak, but does offer some basic services. I've already opened a ticket a while ago asking that maybe he doesn't appear to be speaking or something, but seems like he just doesn't appear to be speak. Can't grammatical errors like that be fixed during maintenance or minor fixes?

That's not a grammatical error, since he isn't speaking he can't be making any grammar errors.

What you probably find is scamps don't speak, so although he is a vendor/merchant he is unable to speak. It's more of a role play error than Grammar, since they have simply chosen the wrong approach to the situation.
    People believe what they either want to be true or what they are afraid is true!
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Mind what people Do, not what they say, for actions betray a lie.
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self
    Wizard's tenth rule
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They possibly could have put the wording as being - Khazzaar snup grug faaar!! (and then put the translation in brackets) or something like that. I don't know what language scamps speak but you get my drift.
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • Katinas
    Katinas
    ✭✭✭✭
    600px-MW-creature-Creeper.jpg
    Oh but scamps do speak! How can you forget the Creeper? http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Morrowind:Creeper
    Some of his famous quotes include "Don't want to work. Just want to bang on my drum. What's a Scamp got to do?" and "I'm creeping!"
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Oh but scamps do speak! How can you forget the Creeper? http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Morrowind:Creeper
    Some of his famous quotes include "Don't want to work. Just want to bang on my drum. What's a Scamp got to do?" and "I'm creeping!"

Ah, Morrowind, I haven't played that one.
    Well that destroys my Scamps don't talk theory, because if one can speak, then others can too.
    People believe what they either want to be true or what they are afraid is true!
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Wizard's tenth rule
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kiznatobespeak.jpg
    Without the image working properly it's hard to see what you mean, so I tried to post it again here: kiznatobespeak.jpg

The text says:
    <The scamp doesn't appear to be speak, but does offer some basic services.>

Yes it's a grammatical error, and what it should say is:
    <The scamp doesn't appear to speak, but does offer some basic services.>
    ie, without "be".
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • yiasemi
    yiasemi
    ✭✭✭✭

Does Kizna have MUCH better prices too, inquiring minds want to know?
    Mr Dougherty, we don't know if he could speak, or just type, mentally suggest or magic those communications, as a lot of Morrowind beyond initial greetings was dialogue boxes. Doesn't stop me playing it so I have no idea why I am using past tense. Try it. It's as good as many games now. And you'll enjoy the Pact a LOT more.
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    yiasemi wrote: »

Does Kizna have MUCH better prices too, inquiring minds want to know?
    Mr Dougherty, we don't know if he could speak, or just type, mentally suggest or magic those communications, as a lot of Morrowind beyond initial greetings was dialogue boxes. Doesn't stop me playing it so I have no idea why I am using past tense. Try it. It's as good as many games now. And you'll enjoy the Pact a LOT more.

I have tried it, I just found the movement was too slow, it was literally going at half the speed I started with in Oblivion, and I found that too frustrating.

Recently I found out you speed you a fair it if you stick at it, so maybe one day I'll give it another go. I know it's much more in depth plot wise which I would like.

And I actually found all three faction stories tons of fun.
    Edited by AlexDougherty on October 29, 2014 4:33PM
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Wizard's tenth rule
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I have tried it, I just found the movement was too slow, it was literally going at half the speed I started with in Oblivion, and I found that too frustrating.

First thing I do coming out of the Census Office is open the console and type

player->setspeed 80

although I think you can just do

player setspeed 80

The value can be whatever you want, but much more than 100 and you start to lose control on some of the tight places you have to walk.

No reason to walk around like your wading through molasses. You can set it higher, but I like to see some growth. Just don't make Athletics a Major if you do this (you would never want to anyway)

Also, make sure you have Always Run toggled on, I think it is set to Always Walk by default.

Edited by Nestor on October 29, 2014 6:07PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"