Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Whats the best DPS build for Two Handed/Stam?

DragonLane555
DragonLane555
✭✭✭
Title says it all.

FYI I know Staff/Magic is THE ONLY WAY TO GO RIGHT NOW!!!, but I still want to know what the best Two Handed/Stam build is.

Anyway thanks for your help ahead of time!
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've only got one 2H stamina build and i never paid much attention to DPS with that one.

She's a Wood Elf Nightblade with a sword about twice her size. :)

Overall she's doing exceptionally well but she's not at VR level yet so i can't really comment on any of that content.
    ;-)
  • ZoM_Head
    ZoM_Head
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well, theoretically:

7/7 medium for stamina regen, reduce cost and critical.

You can go 2H or DW, both have single and AOE damage. DW gives you some range with hidden blade if you dont use a bow. You can use magicka to support you, like DK with dragonblood/spike armour/fire grip to pull healers out of groups. Or you can use templar for healing/health and stamnina regen.

DW wirlwind morph gives stamina back, momentum gives you some health back 20 seconds later.

Problem is, you would need a race that either heals or restores stamina when melee attacking enemies, that is Imperials, Redguards and Orcs. (max health, max stamina, stamina regen, health back on melee atatcks and stamina back on melee attacks).

Players overlook stamina in ESO both PVE and PVE. You block with any weapon, reducing damage taken and preventing knock backs/stuns/bleeds/negative effects (uses stamina), you break CC with stamina, you get out of roots with stamina, you sprint with stamina etc.

Players focus a lot on survivability and damage, which is understandable, viable and fine. But something about ESO, that makes one run out of stamina so fast, regardless of passives used in pve or pvp, its that moment where you can not block that one spell or that once charge and you can not move, just lying there dying.

Im still trying to crack a melee stamina dps build, which again in theory you can tank and should be able to tank with stamina builds in medium armour, but could not quiet crack it just yet. ZOS needs to work really really hard on the skills for stamina builds to make AOE viable and stamina builds just overall more viable (especially 2H)

Hope this helps in anyway, im currently working on a redguard DK medium armour 2H and DW build. Might add 1H/shield for aborb magicka (defensive stance morph) for pvp and/or invasion (shield charge morph).
    Edited by ZoM_Head on August 26, 2014 3:49AM
    mDKs still need a lot of love!
  • morvegil
    morvegil
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ima 2h Nightblade. I typically balance stamina and magicka skills so i dont run out. Nord.
    Lo'ke
    Nord Vampire
    Nightblade
    Shield+BOW

Daggerfall Covenant
    Bandit King
    Bridge Bandits Guild
  • DragonLane555
    DragonLane555
    ✭✭✭
    @Elmojito1000eb17_ESO‌
    Well, theoretically:

7/7 medium for stamina regen, reduce cost and critical.

You can go 2H or DW, both have single and AOE damage. DW gives you some range with hidden blade if you dont use a bow. You can use magicka to support you, like DK with dragonblood/spike armour/fire grip to pull healers out of groups. Or you can use templar for healing/health and stamnina regen.

DW wirlwind morph gives stamina back, momentum gives you some health back 20 seconds later.

Problem is, you would need a race that either heals or restores stamina when melee attacking enemies, that is Imperials, Redguards and Orcs. (max health, max stamina, stamina regen, health back on melee atatcks and stamina back on melee attacks).

Players overlook stamina in ESO both PVE and PVE. You block with any weapon, reducing damage taken and preventing knock backs/stuns/bleeds/negative effects (uses stamina), you break CC with stamina, you get out of roots with stamina, you sprint with stamina etc.

Players focus a lot on survivability and damage, which is understandable, viable and fine. But something about ESO, that makes one run out of stamina so fast, regardless of passives used in pve or pvp, its that moment where you can not block that one spell or that once charge and you can not move, just lying there dying.

Im still trying to crack a melee stamina dps build, which again in theory you can tank and should be able to tank with stamina builds in medium armour, but could not quiet crack it just yet. ZOS needs to work really really hard on the skills for stamina builds to make AOE viable and stamina builds just overall more viable (especially 2H)

Hope this helps in anyway, im currently working on a redguard DK medium armour 2H and DW build. Might add 1H/shield for aborb magicka (defensive stance morph) for pvp and/or invasion (shield charge morph).

Thank you so much, you made me feel way better about my build!

I'm playing an Imperial Templar, with a two-handed sword in each swap. One for single target DPS and the other for AOE DPS. I'm only VR3 right now but I'm averaging about 400 to 500 DPS.

Here's my build
    http://www.esohead.com/calculator/skills#moazxx0VM9MW08wAEb8bzvj8wACj8ffkz8wAlr8LxRn8wAEb8bzvj8wAvz8ffkz8wAlr8LxRn8N7XrDM6LDG6LDT6MbMUf8L7CcdoQr6MdoQF8p7XMdBvT6MdBvj6cdBET8T7XMrqAi6MrqAZ6crqLw8j7ELU06LUM6cUR8n7GrWQ6rWU8x7Xrsfd6Lsfr6msff6Asfw6Lsfi6MwGN16MwGAR6MwGAs6MwGAa6MwGAb8t7XrsgW6LsgZ6MwS3c6MwUlN6MwYle6MwYlv6MwYl28e7Vdaqk6zi4bD8O7zzAZqS8P7ardYw6zLp4d6cLncp6cLncn6zLyjz8zM7pcgcmM6cgcmm6zgcoS6cgkvQ8zf7czNbo6zDVRE8zu7zzHfYE6zHfZd8zG7zzHQ3F8zI7zzJIoX6zJIkL8zN7XsJZcY6cJZuA6cJZuT6cJZuy6cJZug8zA7zzKpUN8zL7XsK4EX6cK4YF6cK4YK6cK4YQ6cK4YW

• ZoM_Head
    ZoM_Head
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hmmm...too much magic use if you ask me. I tested this on a dragon night and have no issues in veteran zones, dungeons and going solo world bosses and public dungeon champions so far. I am doing a similar thing to a templar:

http://www.esohead.com/calculator/skills#moaztx9Mk0W0miG8w2BO8rFTl8w2lL8ffkz8frrv8LxRn8wAEb8wAvz8rJ0O8wABe8wAlr8rFnK8N7XLDm6mDG6LDT6MbMUf6MbMXv6MbMXO6MbMX28T7XMrqAi6MrqAI6MrqAD6MrqAZ6crqLw8j7JrSZ6LU06rUM6rUx6MrJO16MrJPr6MrJPh6MrJPu8n7DrWQ6rWU6MfwgO6MfwgU6Mfwg26Mfwe08x7Xrsfd6Lsfr6msff6Lsfw6MwGN16MwGAR6MwGAs6MwGAa6MwGAb8t7XLsgW6msgX6LsgZ6MwS3c6MwUlN6MwYle6MwYlv6MwYl28O7zzAZqS8P7ardYw6rdYi6zLp4d6cLncp6cLncn6zLyjz8zM7pcgcmM6cgcmm6zgcoS6cgkvQ8zf7ozNbo6rNbk8zu7zzHfYE6zHfZd8zG7zzHQ3F8zI7zzJIoX6zJIkL8zN7zzJZcY8zA7zzKpUN8zL7zzK4EX

Let me explain:

Heavy Armour 7/7: Because you will just not survive with medium, you may deal that extra damage, but you will be a glass canon. Get heavy, get all passives and stay in the group/mob/trash.

Attributes and enchantments: After testing on the PTS, you can hit 3,100+ health with all attributes in health and food buffs. Enchant all armour for stamina and eat stamina/health VR5 food. You will hit 2,500-ish stamina by VR14 (legendary armour, epic jewels and legendary glyphs). One health necklace to buy (or stamina if it drops epic), two epic stamian rings. All enchantments on jewely can be stamian regen, you will hit 123 stamian regen (more than enough).

1st bar: Single target DPS (bosses, big threats etc), if you look at dual wield passives, it is all about low health targets and dealing more damage to stunned/off balanced targets (such as blocking enemy heavy attack, they are stunned, you deal 15% extra damage). Problem, undead (most of them) do NOT bleed, so no heals or DOT. Swap with blood craze with blinding flurry, set them off balanced and deal that extra damage, also not all bosses/champions bleed, they can be off balanced and take extra damage but not knocked down.

Vampires Bane for single taget DOT (on boss, combined with blood craze you got 2 DOT effects going). Flying blade, a lot of enemies/bosses/mobs will make a distance, you need something for range, you can spam flying blade for the damage and snare (if not immune to snares).

Radient Aura: For health and stamina regen while slotted and recovery.

Honor the Dead: You'r self heal.

Ultimate Flawless DB: Your extra DPS, though coned AOE, it still is a nice move on bosses, 60% more dmg on undead/daedra. Also soul assault for single target low health bosses works as well, moderate ulti cost as well, you'r choice.

2nd Bar: This is you'r AOE focused skill bar. See 2+ enemies? swap to this bar and get ready.

Crit Rush: Gap closer and 100% crit dmg to get in there. Traget casters/healers/archers to do that extra dmg and take them out quicker.

Cleave: Spam it, you could and should spam it for the ulti gain. The more around you the more ulti you get.

3rd skill: Debatable and matter of opinion, miss chances are good, you stay there and they get off balanced, you take 0 damage when it ticks. I can see Blazing Shield also working very well with this in mobs of 2+ enemies for return damage and protection. You mix it up and see what works for you. Solar barrage is also a nice AOE melee range that boost you'r next weapon and spell attack by a big boost , nice to have and again as above, you'r choice. Personally, i think searing light or Blazing shield is better, but barrage can work very well as well.

Executioner: Self explanitory, you can swap from DW to 2H bar on bosses with low health for that 300% more damage. There will always be 1-2 low health trash mobs left after a mob clear, finish them off.

Rally: Deal more damage and self heal when effect ends, use this before charging into a mob.

Ultimate: I see two options here, one Solar Prison, expensive but with enough use of cleave you can spam ulti every 3rd mob group you encounter, or even 2nd mob group in public dungeons. Remember, the more enemies hit by cleave the more ulti you gain. Second option is Crescent Sweep, low ulti cost, deals nice dmg, very VERY spamable, clear trash really quick.

Tips: When dealing with undead and daedra, remove a skill and slot in evile hunter, do even more damage and restore stamina.

This is probably the best you can get from a stamina based warrior/melee build as of today with the current skills available before any patches/fixes/tweaks.

This is my current build on my DK:
    http://www.esohead.com/calculator/skills#mzVzyx9Mk0W0mid8fXGM8uzEm8fXhg8fXhs8uEI18Gsb48wABe8wAvz8Gsbb8wAlB8GRFv8umHI8T7XMrqAi6MrqAI6MrqAD6MrqAZ6crqLw8y7HLR3a6rR3b6rR3r6LR3f6MfQE16MfQE36MfQlr6MfQlu6MfQlI8x7Crsfd6Lsff6Lsfw8E7Drzm16LzVS6MuciH6MuciS6Muci46Muchq8l7DLzkA6rzky6MuvVB6MuvVD6MuvVJ6MuvVO8B7JrzRf6rzsa6rzsb6MGkXa6MGkXf6MGkXG6MGkXN8O7zzAZqS8P7ardYw6rdYi6zLp4d6cLncp6cLncn6zLyjz8zM7068zR7pcEwFP6zEwXB6cEwXC6cEwXD8zf7ozNbo6rNbk8zu7zzHfYE6zHfZd8zG7zzHQ3F8zI7zzJIoX6zJIkL8zN7zzJZcY8zA7zzKpUN8zL7zzK4EX

Tank veteran dungeons just fine and no issues at all. when i am questing, i remove Ransack and use Invasion (shield charge morph). Magma Armour for single taget and standard for AOE.

I run 7/7 heavy with 5/5 Whitestrake's retribution for tanking (great awesome life savior). and 3 night of silence (shield is without trait since no 4th trait suits my needs). Boy am i having fun.

Both builds are probably not the best possible crated, but they are the best i can think of and best i can say that actually works in game. If you look at the templar build i gave you and my actually current DK build, you will see how they are similar, the key with two handed is cleave for dropping ultis very very fast, in solo dungeons i drop standard 7+ times, clearing is easy now.

Now, for you'r DPS melee stamian based build, I'd probably recommend Hunding Rage 5/5 for the extra weapon damage (see how much weapon damage scales from momentum, low health/stunned/off balanced targets and solar barrage?). Nice extra stamina and 8% weapons crit is low, but main point is the extra weapon damage. Then you can add 3 piece Night's Silence for stamina and stamina regen, then 4 piece (dual wield is two weapons) for another 4% crit, so total 12% crit (very low i know, but we are looking for that stamina regen, max stamina and weapon damage, crit is just there as an added bonus that we do not need really).

So, this is my long but thorough build for a viable, survivable and effective 2H build. I would never recommend uppercut, its slow and a lot of bosses are immune to the knock backs. Remember this is a PvE focused build guid, for PvP maybe uppercut coudl work, but i am 90% PvE.

Tips: Wepaon swap for healing, no need to have the same skill on both bars, slots are very precious, make the most of them. Swap a lot, drop ultis several times without worries or fear, do NOT drain you'r stamina completely, you need to block/dodge and break CC often. You'r magicka is still there, but only as support to boost you'r damage, protection and screw with the enemy (miss chance, snare, light DOT etc) and you'r healing.

Sorry for being long, but i was (in my opinion) thorough with this, and i am really likeing my DK build above and solo veteran bosses nicely (they are still challenging, but can be done).

Let me know you'r thoughts, i think it is a good build, you have some skill and ulti options as well for even more diversity.

It's 04:00am sorry for typos ;)
    Edited by ZoM_Head on August 29, 2014 2:18AM
  • Nefrast
    Nefrast
    ✭✭✭
    Stamina builds have come a long way. Here is a good looking templar two-handed stamina build. It should work similar with other classes too:
    1.3.5 – Crusader – PvE Templar 2h Melee DPS (1000+ Single Target DPS).
  • ZoM_Head
    ZoM_Head
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nefrast wrote: »
    Stamina builds have come a long way. Here is a good looking templar two-handed stamina build. It should work similar with other classes too:

Far too much use of magicka for my taste, using mage light shows the direction of this build. Warriors use heavy armour and heavy weapons, combined with high helath and high health regen over stamina regen and/or magicka and magicka regen.

Warriors are slow but brutes, which means they hit hard, think of Krogans on mass effect how they work (the soldiers). There is also no self heal use from magicka, which is a huge drawback (imo).

I am in no position to say this is a good, bad, great or horrible build. I like to test my builds on PTS server, go solo and fight mobs of enemies (archers in mobs can deal 2.7K damage) and shows how good/bad a build is and tweaked there (that is what i do).

Magicka in that build is being used as offence and defence with no self heal, just makes no sense to me (again please understand it is my opinion not bashing it at all).
  • Teloran
    Teloran
    ✭✭✭
    Nefrast wrote: »

Far too much use of magicka for my taste, using mage light shows the direction of this build. Warriors use heavy armour and heavy weapons, combined with high helath and high health regen over stamina regen and/or magicka and magicka regen.

Warriors are slow but brutes, which means they hit hard, think of Krogans on mass effect how they work (the soldiers). There is also no self heal use from magicka, which is a huge drawback (imo).

I am in no position to say this is a good, bad, great or horrible build. I like to test my builds on PTS server, go solo and fight mobs of enemies (archers in mobs can deal 2.7K damage) and shows how good/bad a build is and tweaked there (that is what i do).

Magicka in that build is being used as offence and defence with no self heal, just makes no sense to me (again please understand it is my opinion not bashing it at all).

That build is designed to do dungeons and trials with a dedicated healer, hence the lack of self healing. Both Blazing Spear and Vampires Bane do so much damage per cast that they boost your DPS even without lots of magica to boost their damage.

As for heavy armor, the fact that you can softcap both armor and spell resistance with a single skill (immovable, lightning form, rune focus ect.) makes it less desirable. The damage bonuses from medium armor also outweigh the defensive bonuses of heavy (the damage bonus from heavy only applies to basic attacks). Since your enemies die faster, you actually end up taking less damage.

Heavy armor does look awesome, but unfortunately it's not something I can recommend to anyone but tanks.
    Edited by Teloran on September 17, 2014 4:36AM
  • Greatfellow
    Greatfellow
    ✭✭✭
    morvegil wrote: »
    Ima 2h Nightblade. I typically balance stamina and magicka skills so i dont run out. Nord.

same here, pretty much: bosmer NB, 2H and DW, like 17 stamina and 15 magicka, plenty of racial Stam recovery and other stam recovery. I have to be really not paying attention to run out of stamina. And, I have enough magicka to run frequent Cloak and Surprise moves as a way to let stamina rebuild when necessary
  • s7732425ub17_ESO
    s7732425ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A VR14 two handed sword will push you well over the softcap of weapon damage. Assuming you have 250 weapon damage with all your gear, simple light attack weaving will get you 300 DPS just by itself (or even more if you have a nice crit chance). Add in another skill that does damage off of stamina, and there you go.

Most people make the mistake of not weaving. With a staff, you spam crushing shock while weaving for top DPS. You do get the added bonus damage of "burning" with a destro staff, but you can do damage over time with bleed or another class ability you have.
  • Thechemicals
    Thechemicals
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wrecking blow and during its animation hold heavy attack down. This will clip them together and you can deliver over 1k dps easy. You can add to it to improve the dps alot more. Its for single target of course. Aoe just carve carve carve and then ultimate.
    Vr14 Templar since release- dual resto
    Vr14 Dk bow/2h

Brayan Blackthunder
    Goddick
    Daggerfall Covenant

• Aggelos
    Aggelos
    ✭✭✭
    Has wrecking blow become useful in Trials? Is anyone running with it? I find it slow and even with trying to clip a Heavy attack into it I never seem to break 300-400 damage.