Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Two New Elder Scrolls Book Series by Titan Books"

ZOS_KaiSchober
This is the official discussion thread for the web article "Two New Elder Scrolls Book Series by Titan Books."

In a press release today we announced that we've partnered once again with Titan Books to create two new series of books: The Elder Scrolls Online - Tales of Tamriel & The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - The Skyrim Library!
Edited by ZOS_KaiSchober on October 21, 2014 6:32PM
Kai Schober
Senior Community Manager - The Elder Scrolls Online
Facebook | Twitter | Twitch
Staff Post
  • Woeler
    Woeler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I would love one of those, so I hope they won't be limited and cost $120 a piece...
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So the Skyrim one is just a collection of all of the in-game books?

PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • SlayerSyrena
    SlayerSyrena
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How much will they be? (I'm really excited but I have no idea if I could afford them.)
    Ebonheart Pact
    All PC/NA, Level 50 * Current Champion Points: 930
    Cyndril - Bosmer Vampire Nightblade - Dual Wield Blades and Bow
    Saryn Duskbringer - Altmer Vampire Sorcerer - Destro and Resto Staves
    Valmion Hlaalu - Dunmer Templar Healer - Resto and Destroy Staves
    Solus Lighthawke - Altmer DK Tank- Sword n' Board and Greatsword
    Stitches-for-Riches - Argonian Templar Healer- Resto
    Ashiran Zahuluu - Dunmer Stam Sorc - Dual Wield Blades and Bow
    Aldmeri Dominion
    Kivian Nightshade - Altmer Magicka NB - Destro/Resto Staves
    Daggerfall Covenant
    S'rala Sugar Claws - Khajiit Stamina Sorc - Dual Wield and Greatsword

Member of the closed early beta group, The Psijic Order
    Guest on first ESO Live
    My ESO fan art and comics
  • Skelfish
    Skelfish
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS, shut up and take my money. D:
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Gstaff's comment from Bethblog:
    "It’s all in-game text for ESO and Skyrim — no original stories. ESO book features a mix of concept art and new images. All Skyrim art is from the original concept art."

So don't get too excited for new texts. Even so, I will gladly buy them, provided they aren't ridiculously expensive. It's probably too early to ask, but through which stores are they going to be sold? I'd like to get an idea of shipping costs...
  • Csub
    Csub
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rosveen wrote: »
    "It’s all in-game text for ESO and Skyrim — no original stories. ESO book features a mix of concept art and new images. All Skyrim art is from the original concept art."

So don't get too excited for new texts. Even so, I will gladly buy them, provided they aren't ridiculously expensive. It's probably too early to ask, but through which stores are they going to be sold? I'd like to get an idea of shipping costs...
    I am confused now, Polygon wrote: "The books, while they draw from the in-game lore, should not be confused with a physical collection of in-game books. For that, users will still need to explore the games themselves, collecting and reading books as they go."

I do want to buy it nevertheless, I just hope it won't be overpriced.
    "The Divines gave you a nose for a reason, Tharn. So you can keep your mouth shut and still keep breathing. - Lyris Titanborn
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Csub wrote: »

I am confused now, Polygon wrote: "The books, while they draw from the in-game lore, should not be confused with a physical collection of in-game books. For that, users will still need to explore the games themselves, collecting and reading books as they go."

Official word > random journalist (but props to him for mentioning TIL). Besides, all Polygon has is the press release, which clearly states "a vast collection of in-game lore and original art" and "the collected in-game texts."
    Edited by Rosveen on October 21, 2014 10:48PM
  • Csub
    Csub
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Csub wrote: »

Official word > random journalist (but props to him for mentioning TIL). Besides, all Polygon has is the press release, which clearly states "a vast collection of in-game lore and original art" and "the collected in-game texts."

Yes, I also agree that official info is superior. I was just surprised because I saw this news first at Polygon. Still want it, nevertheles! I hope there will be some kind of timeline for many events. I know, of course that most of the history are known from books in game so they are not written in stone - just like real life, but some kind of timeline would be awesome, based on books, journals, letters etc.
    "The Divines gave you a nose for a reason, Tharn. So you can keep your mouth shut and still keep breathing. - Lyris Titanborn
  • Surragard
    Surragard
    ✭✭✭✭
    Pre-ordered both on Amazon today. They are listed as $25 a piece and both have the pre-order price guarantee. Note that the 1st volume in each set is coming out in March. So assuming they all cost the same a full set for ESO will come to $50 and a full set for Skyrim will be $75 (ESO is a 2 volume and Skyrim is a three volume).

I love lore so I'm eating this one up. Sad that we haven't heard anything on a numbered set or anything along those lines but hopefully we'll get more details and maybe a sample page soon.
    I don't always drink Skooma, but when I do I go to the Southwall Corner Club. May you walk on warm sands my friends.
  • Rhian-Skybladeb16_ESO
    Yay! Finally a cool looking set of Lore Books! That pleases the Lore-Addict in me ^^
    Good thing they sell the books at Aamzon, too. This way I can be certain that the package will arrive in my DHL Package station :smiley:

I so hope the Lore Books will contain also a massive amount about the Pre-Dawn era and loads of insight regarding the Daedra. (and this time all Daedra and not only Sheo and Azura... luv them both but I crave more stuff about the others, too)
    Edited by Rhian-Skybladeb16_ESO on October 22, 2014 9:30AM
  • Stroggnonimus
    Stroggnonimus
    ✭✭✭
    Oh this looks very cool, but I hope they wont overpriced as some other merch, 100$ is a bit sick... anyway, the lore addict inside me will be happy :). Though I'd be even more happy if someone would write more full scale novels like the two that Gregory Keyes wrote...
    Whoever said that argonians aren't sexy, is obviously not a sexy argonian.

OG Argonian tank

BLOOD FOR THE PACT !

• Rhian-Skybladeb16_ESO
    Oh this looks very cool, but I hope they wont overpriced as some other merch, 100$ is a bit sick... anyway, the lore addict inside me will be happy :)

Oh the books are not 100$ a piece ;-) They should be around 25$ a piece - and around 26 Euro for us Europeans.
    See here: http://www.amazon.de/gp/product/1783293195/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I also hope there will be more novels about Elder Scrolls - though my heart beats more for the et'Ada - and mostly the padomayan subgradients.
    I doubt there will be any "pro daedric" novels in plansescape torment style *sigh*
    Keyes' appeared to only like Malacath... considering how he pictured Azura and the other daedra through the character Sul...

• Threemoons
    Threemoons
    ✭✭✭
    Preordered. $25/pop on Amazon. Done. Can't wait. :D
    Playing on PC/NA---UserID=Threemoons--usually on nights, weekends
  • Mopar63
    Mopar63
    ✭✭✭
    $25 per book is reasonably priced for a large hardcover. I was scared they were going to do their usually over priced wallet shock crap again.
    True honor need not be named