Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

How do you earn the Wearing Epic Attire achievement?

RSram
RSram
✭✭✭✭✭
I crafted a full set of Seducer armor with both staffs included and upgraded them to all to EPIC quality. So I figured I would get the Wearing Epic Attire achievement, but I didn't. Is jewelry included in this set?

Or is there a specific set of armor called "EPIC" that I haven't found yet?

Edited by ZOS_Icy on May 7, 2023 5:38PM
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    it comes from jewelry being part of your full set.
    Edited by Gilvoth on October 23, 2014 3:25AM
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The hardest part of this will be the jewelery, although you can make Epic Glyphs and that should change the rings/necklace to Epic to give you the parts you need.

I was wrong.
    Edited by Nestor on October 23, 2014 9:55PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• RSram
    RSram
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks, I try crafting some Epic Glyphs then.

I glad there isn't a legendary attire achievement. I been playing for over 1000 hours now, and I haven't yet come across one.
  • eNumbra
    eNumbra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    The hardest part of this will be the jewelery, although you can make Epic Glyphs and that should change the rings/necklace to Epic to give you the parts you need.

Jewelry won't change color based on the glyphs applied to them, you need to either find or buy epic jewelry to get the achievement.
  • Gyudan
    Gyudan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    RSram wrote: »

Adding Epic glyphs (Rekuta) to a random piece of jewelry will not change its color to purple, just as enchanting a white piece of armor with an epic glyph doesn't make the armor epic. You can blame @Nestor for that terrible advice.

Check your guild stores, there are probably quite a few rings and amulets in Epic quality that you can buy to get the achievement, regardless of item level. You should be able to find them for small amounts of gold, 1-2k each.

You can also wait for VR14 and equip an endgame set of jewelry like the Healer's Habit or the Footman with purple armor and get the achievement this way.

I glad there isn't a legendary attire achievement. I been playing for over 1000 hours now, and I haven't yet come across one.

Legendary rings and necklaces drop from the weekly trial rewards (and also pvp rewards? not sure for that one), so there could technically be a new achievement for that. *Looks at ZOS with puppy eyes*
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Edited by Gyudan on October 23, 2014 9:37PM
    Wololo.
  • RSram
    RSram
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe ZOS should start giving us the puppy love.
  • RSram
    RSram
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gyudan wrote: »

Adding Epic glyphs (Rekuta) to a random piece of jewelry will not change its color to purple, just as enchanting a white piece of armor with an epic glyph doesn't make the armor epic. You can blame @Nestor for that terrible advice.

Check your guild stores, there are probably quite a few rings and amulets in Epic quality that you can buy to get the achievement, regardless of item level. You should be able to find them for small amounts of gold, 1-2k each.

You can also wait for VR14 and equip an endgame set of jewelry like the Healer's Habit or the Footman with purple armor and get the achievement this way.

Legendary rings and necklaces drop from the weekly trial rewards (and also pvp rewards? not sure for that one), so there could technically be a new achievement for that. *Looks at ZOS with puppy eyes*
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

And I through every comment on the Internet is true?

Thanks for the correction, I should have questioned that advice, since I been crafting a lot lately and there is no tempers for jewelry.

I haven't got to the end game content yet, I have one more alliance to go.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    eNumbra wrote: »
    Nestor wrote: »

Jewelry won't change color based on the glyphs applied to them, you need to either find or buy epic jewelry to get the achievement.

Thanks for correcting me, I thought it changed the jewelery. I had added a purple glyph to a ring and must have confused it with another purple ring that I had that had the same enchantment.

Edited by Nestor on October 23, 2014 10:05PM

• RSram
    RSram
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honest mistake, but we all handled it intelligently with no flaming and crude language.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

And I through every comment on the Internet is true?

Thanks for the correction, I should have questioned that advice, since I been crafting a lot lately and there is no tempers for jewelry.

I haven't got to the end game content yet, I have one more alliance to go.

I went into the game and created a Purple Glyph and applied it to a Green Ring and it was still a Green Ring. I was also interested to see if the value of the Glyph changed because the Ring was improved, nope.

Anyway, I do have two Purple Rings that I plan on keeping forever because they drop so rarely. So, if you get a Purple Necklace, I will loan you the Rings so you can get the Achievement. I might even have a Purple Necklace. But you will have to give them back to me.

• RSram
    RSram
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That ok, I'll just do it the hard way and sniff around until I find them. I guess it wouldn't be an achievement if it were easy?

Hmm... forgot about the slaughterfish achievement; that was easy.
  • jeanne_gehringb16_ESO
    jeanne_gehringb16_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    well, I am wearing the Night Mother's Embrace set... I have all 7 armor slots, both rings and the necklace...I have multi-checked that all pieces are from the Embrace set and not the Gaze set and still no achievement. Very frustrated.

All that checking and one ring is blue. (sigh)
    Edited by jeanne_gehringb16_ESO on August 14, 2018 1:20PM
    Games are meant to be relaxing and enjoyable... so if you're stressed out by the game, then it's time to take a break.
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That ok, I'll just do it the hard way and sniff around until I find them. I guess it wouldn't be an achievement if it were easy?

Hmm... forgot about the slaughterfish achievement; that was easy.

Easy? I got killed trying to achieve that!
  • Feric51
    Feric51
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Holy necro.....
    Feric51
    Xbox NA

Darkness Falls: The Crusade survivor (you young kids will never know the struggle of text-based games)

• RivenMythrunner
    RivenMythrunner
    Soul Shriven
    So I crafted up a full set including necklace and rings to epic level put it all on and still am not getting the achievement. Even went so far as to make a main and backup weapon to epic and equipped those too. Any suggestions?
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    So I crafted up a full set including necklace and rings to epic level put it all on and still am not getting the achievement. Even went so far as to make a main and backup weapon to epic and equipped those too. Any suggestions?

Are the armor and jewelry all purple and only purple? You can't wear like 9 pieces of purple gear and 1 piece of gold gear. It is not an "at least epic" achievement, it is an "exactly epic" achievement.

Are both purple rings equipped? If you click on a helmet, there is only one place for it to go. If you click on a ring, there are two places, and sometimes game is weird about which ring slot it picks. I have had times where I intended to equip two of the same ring, but ended up just flipping the new rings in and out of "Ring 1" slot while my old ring stayed in "Ring 2" slot. I had to explicitly drag and drop one ring into "Ring 1" and other ring into "Ring 2".
  • RivenMythrunner
    RivenMythrunner
    Soul Shriven
    Dagoth_Rac wrote: »

Are the armor and jewelry all purple and only purple? You can't wear like 9 pieces of purple gear and 1 piece of gold gear. It is not an "at least epic" achievement, it is an "exactly epic" achievement.

Are both purple rings equipped? If you click on a helmet, there is only one place for it to go. If you click on a ring, there are two places, and sometimes game is weird about which ring slot it picks. I have had times where I intended to equip two of the same ring, but ended up just flipping the new rings in and out of "Ring 1" slot while my old ring stayed in "Ring 2" slot. I had to explicitly drag and drop one ring into "Ring 1" and other ring into "Ring 2".

Yes everything is purple was done specifically for the achievement. Both rings are purple soon as I can get the achievement my mythic one is going back on
  • RivenMythrunner
    RivenMythrunner
    Soul Shriven
    Finally popped had to take a piece off and put it back on to trigger it
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wow this thread got double-necro'd (in 2018 and now lol)
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • ZOS_Icy
    ZOS_Icy
    mod
    Greetings,

We have closed this topic as it was originally created in October 2014. In many cases, it's better to create a new thread on a topic that you want to discuss as opposed to bumping one that is rather old.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.