The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Stuttering, Not Fps

okaybros
okaybros
Soul Shriven
So, I'm running the game on the following hard wares:
FX-6300 on a MSI 970-G46 MB
GTX 770
8GB Dual Channel RAM
At medium settings. FPS ranges from 70-100.
I initially thought I had an FPS problem, but I found out it's actually called
"Stuttering" or "Hitching"
My CPU is OC to 4.2 GHZ, and I'm still having this issue. Anyone know what's for?
  • ZOS_GaryA
    ZOS_GaryA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey there @okaybros,

We've found that a lot of folks noticed a difference in stuttering when changing the Display Mode to Fullscreen, as opposed to using Fullscreen (Windowed) or (Windowed). Let us know if this is helpful to you!
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
  • okaybros
    okaybros
    Soul Shriven
    Nope, tried that, it didn't work
  • ZOS_GaryA
    ZOS_GaryA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey there @okaybros,

Thanks for giving it a shot! We have a few other suggestions that were posted in another topic that have helped folks with similar issues.
    There are also a few settings in the Usersettings.txt file that you can change to improve your performance. Please close ESO first, then make these changes. This file is located at Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\Live.

As with any document change, we advise creating a back up of the original file in an alternate location. This will allow you to restore your usersettings to their old values in case the new ones are less optimal.

Simply open the file with Notepad and make the following changes:

Change:
    SET GPUSmoothingFrames "10"
    To:
    SET GPUSmoothingFrames "3"

Change:
    SET PreferExclusiveFullscreen "0"
    To:
    SET PreferExclusiveFullscreen "1"

Find this section and Change:

SET RequestedNumJobThreads "-1"
    SET RequestedNumWorkerThreads "-1"
    To:
    SET RequestedNumJobThreads "0"
    SET RequestedNumWorkerThreads "0"

Let us know if these changes are helpful to you!
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
  • EQBallzz
    EQBallzz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm having the same problem since last patch I believe. I have been playing since fairly early beta and have not had this problem before. I just keep getting this strange hitching where everything just freezes for a few seconds then goes back to normal. This just happens randomly every few minutes now.
  • okaybros
    okaybros
    Soul Shriven
    Mine is almost constant. every few seconds for a split second. Everything kind of jumps. None of these fixes worked, seemed to make it worse even.
  • ZOS_GaryA
    ZOS_GaryA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey there @okaybros,

Thanks for letting us know, we'll be happy to continue helping!

Since the edits to the document didn't help, please grab the UserSettings.txt file and move it to your desktop. When you launch ESO again, a new UserSettings file will be created. This will restore your visual settings to their default values, so try playing without making any edits. Some users have reported that this has helped with the hitching.
    Staff Post
  • VileIntent
    VileIntent
    ✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_GaryA wrote: »
    Hey there @okaybros,

Thanks for giving it a shot! We have a few other suggestions that were posted in another topic that have helped folks with similar issues.
    There are also a few settings in the Usersettings.txt file that you can change to improve your performance. Please close ESO first, then make these changes. This file is located at Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\Live.

As with any document change, we advise creating a back up of the original file in an alternate location. This will allow you to restore your usersettings to their old values in case the new ones are less optimal.

Simply open the file with Notepad and make the following changes:

Change:
    SET GPUSmoothingFrames "10"
    To:
    SET GPUSmoothingFrames "3"

Change:
    SET PreferExclusiveFullscreen "0"
    To:
    SET PreferExclusiveFullscreen "1"

Find this section and Change:

SET RequestedNumJobThreads "-1"
    SET RequestedNumWorkerThreads "-1"
    To:
    SET RequestedNumJobThreads "0"
    SET RequestedNumWorkerThreads "0"

Let us know if these changes are helpful to you!

Wow, I'm running a older Intel Q6600 2.4ghz core 2 duo (quad core) and wow... this helped a ton! I'm getting a major fps increase and not seeing any stuttering yet.. fingers tossed amd thank you very much.
    Edited by VileIntent on October 22, 2014 9:23PM