The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Stebarnz
Stebarnz
✭✭✭✭✭
I have seen a couple of threads about this but they devolved into insanity very quickly so please just constructive, working comments.

I have completely uninstalled everything but when i go to reinstall i still get the eso cycling art work with loading...

Please dont send me any generic fixes as they clearly dont work please give me an explanation and a working solution from step1 as i cant even install this game at the minute.

Im in the UK and my ISP is Virgin i have put this because i think certain ISP's are not allowing connections to zeni's servers.?

Thankyou for any help
We have contacted our Customer support team to help you solve your issue.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wait, if the game is not installed, how are you trying to connect to the servers? Or, are you trying to connect to the servers to download the game?
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• ZOS_GaryA
    ZOS_GaryA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey there @Stebarnz,

We'll do our best to avoid generic fixes here, but some things are generic to some folks and newer to others. This is one of the documented solutions we have for this issue, so give it a shot and let us know if it works!

Ensure that Automatic configuration Script and Proxy Server are disabled in your Internet options. These settings can be found by following the steps below:

•Open your Control Panel
    -Select Network and Internet
    •Select Internet Options
    •Click Connections on the top panel
    •Select LAN Settings

From here ensure that Automatic configuration Script and Proxy Server are disabled (unchecked). Once the settings are applied, please retest the issue.

If that doesn't work, or if this is something you've tried already, let us know and we'll be happy to continue working with you.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
  • Stebarnz
    Stebarnz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    Wait, if the game is not installed, how are you trying to connect to the servers? Or, are you trying to connect to the servers to download the game?

Thats right nestor i am trying to install the game from scratch from eso.com but it gets as far as the eso art work screen and loading... then no further.

I am going to try zos garys suggestion now ill repost the result.
  • Stebarnz
    Stebarnz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GaryA‌ thanks for your response but those options were already disabled so i x2 checked, tried again and same result stuck on loading...

Anything else?
  • ZOS_GaryA
    ZOS_GaryA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey there @Stebarnz,

Thanks for double checking that, your patience is much appreciated. For the sake of due diligence, we'll post a couple of classics that you may have already tried, and then a new hit or two. Please give a shot to each of them if you haven't already, and let us know if there are any changes!

Classics:

Opening ports:
    TCP / UDP Ports 24100 through 24131
    TCP / UDP Ports 24300 through 24331
    TCP / UDP Ports 24500 through 24507

Add exceptions to your Anti-Virus/Firewall software:
    This can vary by software, but generally you'll want to add an exception for the entire ESO installation folder. This is located by default at C:\Program Files (x86)\Zenimax Online. For more information on adding exceptions, we recommend checking the software manufacturer's website

Make sure the game files and the launcher files are in the same folder:
    The Bethesda.net launcher operates best when everything is in the same place. By default, the Zenimax Online folder (C:\program files (x86)\Zenimax Online) will contain two folders, one titled Launcher and one for the game build, either Live or LiveEU. If your launcher is installed in a different place than the game files, it can cause it to hang up. To remedy this, you can either move the Launcher to the root folder that contains the game files, or uninstall the launcher completely and reinstall it to the root folder.

Install the launcher from a different location:
    We have also experienced this issue when installing the game from the disc. If you're running into this problem and you're installing from the disc, please try uninstalling the launcher that you have through Add/Remove programs and install the launcher from our website. To access this, head to Account.Elderscrollsonline.com, sign in with your game credentials, and choose "Download Game" from the site.

New stuff:

A few folks have run into a Patch Manifest error recently, which was caused by an issue with the host file. An edit to the host file resolved this, and may be the solution to the issue you're running into as well. Here's that edit:
    1. Open the Run menu by pressing the Windows key and R
    2. Type in the following command to the runbox: notepad c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts
    3. Once Notepad has opened the file, search for the line that contains the following information:
    ##.##.##.## launcher.bethesda.net
    Please note that the # represents the numbers of the direct IP Address
    4. Delete that entire line from the Hosts file
    5. Save the changes but do NOT use "Save As" because this will change the Hosts file's extension

Let us know if one of these steps helps out. If not, let us know if you experience any changes at all and we'll be happy to continue assisting you!

EDIT: Spoiler tags and Quote tags don't do the same thing. Who knew? (everyone)
    Edited by ZOS_GaryA on October 14, 2014 1:57PM
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
  • Stebarnz
    Stebarnz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @ZOS_GaryA‌, i have done ll the 'classcs' and i am trying to DL from eso.com still loading... freeze.

With the 'new' suggestion, at what point do i activate this? during the loading... freeze? before? or close when loading... hits and then do then start again?

Also how do i save this folder without "save as" as it wont let me do anything but that and changing the directory.

But still same result.

Also no reply from my ticket well over 24 hours later! not like this is a big issue or anything... you know paying to play but not even being able to download manifest!

This is why people are getting frustrated i think, only reply i can get is by going to public forums and reply's taking days at a time, if this was a different service i was paying for and not having access to, it would be dealt with a little quicker i believe, but thanks for your continued help anyways i will give it 1 more day of waiting for contact or waiting for a working solution then i will cancel my subscription as i have little choice.
  • ZOS_GaryA
    ZOS_GaryA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey there @Stebarnz,

You'll want to perform the host edit outside of the game, and possibly even restart the computer after you finish making the changes.

If it's not letting you save, some folks have worked around it this way:

1. *VITAL* Make a backup of the current Hosts file without any changes, just in case something goes wrong. Keep a carbon copy of it somewhere you'll remember, like the Documents folder.

2. Edit the host file as requested in the steps. When you get the "Save As" prompt, save it to the desktop (separate from the carbon copy location. We want to keep that file clean, but they all need to have the same name) with the exact same name as the original file.

3. Grab the version from the desktop and drag it into the hosts folder. When it asks if you want to overwrite, say yes.

4. Restart the computer, then check ESO and make sure it works. If so, also check your general web browsing capability as well.

5. If there are any issues, copy the file from the Documents folder (the clean Carbon copy) and paste it into the Hosts folder, accepting the overwrite. This will restore you back to defaults in case something went wrong.

Let us know if these steps are helpful!
    Staff Post
  • Stebarnz
    Stebarnz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi,

@ZOS_GaryA I have followed instructions up to where i save the file but it will only save as a .txt file which then doesnt require an overwrite to drag it back into the folder with the original hosts file in there. So it ends up with original host file and another edited host file that is a .txt.

Is this correct?

thanks
  • ZOS_GaryA
    ZOS_GaryA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey there @Stebarnz,

If it's saving as a .txt file it won't be the same extension that it needs to be for Windows to recognize it. Please ensure that you're using Notepad as the program to edit the file. If that doesn't work, we can try a different step from a similar issue to see if that helps.
    1. Make sure you're not running the client already when you delete the files.
    2. Go to your Zenimax Online folder: C:/ProgramFiles(x86)/Zenimax Online/
    Inside the Zenimax Online folder, delete the following files:
     Inside "Launcher" folder, delete "Bethesda.net_Launcher.version",
    then back out of the "Launcher" folder into the Zenimax Online folder.
     Inside "The Elder Scrolls Online" go to the "depot" folder, delete "depot.version" and go back to "TESO" folder.
     Go to the "game" folder and delete "game_player.version", then back out to "TESO" folder.
     Go to "vo_en" folder and delete "vo_en.version".

4. The above lists all four version files that need to be deleted or renamed, under the assumption that they are named the same as the ones in my folders. Basically, look for four ".version" files if you can't find those above.
    1. Launch your client.
    2. WAIT. Wait for the client start patching like it's downloading the full game again and ABORT
    3. Go to your recycle bin, select all four files, right-click "restore".
    4. Restart your client.
    Staff Post
  • Stebarnz
    Stebarnz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @ZOS_GaryA that would be great but as i stated i have uninstalled all the ESO data from my pc and i cant even INSTALL it so i dont have any of the information you are asking me to change.
    This is the situation, i cannot connect to your manifest server (or whatever the name of the server is that runs the launcher), now all we have to do is figure out how to remedy that.
    So please no more delete this file or move that file as i dont have any files relating to ESO on my pc.
    I go to eso.com then i click download the game then i go through the selection of na server etc then it installs directx then it goes to the eso art work with the words Loading... on the screen and thats where it stays.
    This is clearly not my end as im not the only person experiencing it so please lets address the problem at hand. Im in the UK and my ISP is virgin, is my ISP blocking some P2P connection or anything like that? its not a firewall issue as i have turned it off.
    Can you think of anything else it might be?
    Thanks again for any help.
  • ZOS_GaryA
    ZOS_GaryA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gotcha, thanks for the additional clarity on that.

We'd like to get one more quick clarification before offering additional troubleshooting. First, when you install the launcher, is it going to the default location (C:\Program Files (x86)\Zenimax Online), or are you choosing an alternate location for your installation?

Second, and silly question, but on deleting the game did you also remove the launcher form Add/Remove programs? The entries that are associated with ESO are the Bethesda.net Launcher and ESO.exe. You may also wish to clear out the folders from the previous installation to see if it helps, such as the folder at the installation location (C:\Program Files (x86)\ and delete the entire Zenimax Online folder) and (Users\[Yourusernamehere]\My Documents\ and delete the Elder Scrolls Online folder).

Once everything has been 100% cleared, give a try to installing the game from the site again and let us know if you're able to progress beyond loading. If you've already performed the above, let us know that as well and we'll continue to investigate this with you. Thanks for your patience!
    Staff Post
  • Stebarnz
    Stebarnz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @ZOS_GaryA , Installing everything to the default location and i read that everything has to be removed for reinstall to work so i went through absolutely everything even add-on stuff to make sure it was removed correctly, (Still cant alter the xxx.xxx.x.x bethesda.launcher from my host file however.) but still same.
    Thanks for help just wanna log back in :)
  • Stebarnz
    Stebarnz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey @ZOS_GaryA still cant login you gone to sleep?
  • ZOS_GaryA
    ZOS_GaryA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey there @Stebarnz,

I would love to be available 24/7, but on occasion they do make us go home and sleep.

We have extended pretty far into the troubleshooting we're able to grant on the forums, so we went ahead and created a ticket for you with customer support detailing the steps that you've been through in the above suggestions. This will allow our CS superstars to gather some more information from you and continue assisting you with a fix. Our CS department does operate 24/7, so they will be with you shortly and will assist you until the issue is resolved.

When a resolution is reached, we would love to hear what worked for you in case a fellow player runs into a similar issue. If there's any other way we can help on here, let us know and we'll be happy to do what we can.

EDIT: Spelling. Likely due to lack of sleep.
    Edited by ZOS_GaryA on October 19, 2014 2:53PM
    Staff Post
  • Stebarnz
    Stebarnz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GaryA Sleep??? the internet never sleeps :) no worry's pal i will see what they can help with and i will definitely update this post.
    Thx again