The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Need help about using crafting items or not

Osira
Osira
✭✭
Hi

I'm posting here because I have a doubt that using my iron ingots, leather etc would be more profitable to me than just trying to sell them.
I mean I get more XP from desconstruction ( which is really badly designed imho, you should get better by actually crafting stuff, not salvaging them).

I could use someone so we could trade our crafted gear but I highly doubt I'd find someone.

I ask this because I'm already in Stormhaven zone and there's tier 2 crafting material there. And I need some space both in bank and with my mules.
Edited by Osira on October 18, 2014 11:31AM
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's been a while since I leveled my crafts, but I'm pretty sure you get more Inspiration from deconstruction of someone else's crafted items than from just deconstructing loot. That makes it worthwhile to trade items if you want to level faster. Best options to find a trading partner is guild or zone chat, unless you have a friend who is also leveling crafts.
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • wayfarerb14_ESO
    wayfarerb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Think of it this way, while that stack of iron ingots at 400g looks tempting to sell, if you use it to make new armor or weapons, you'll be saving lots of gold in repairs as well as leveling your crafting skills. Before I had enough traits researched for the fancy sets, I found myself making a new set of armor every time I had to make a town run. That, plus deconstructing EVERYTHING that I didn't need to save for research had me at level 50 in blacksmithing, clothing, and woodworking before I was even level 50. Of course, I sold the mats that I wasn't going to use, but I would hang on to the mats that were useful for making the armor and weapons that I was using at the time, especially since it helps you save so much in repairs.

***Edited to add***
    Of course, this strategy works best if you don't have a higher level character that you wanted to craft for right now. There are still new people joining eso, so I'm sure you could find someone to trade deconstructing items with. In my case, I found it wasn't necessary to trade items, since I was making my own armor so frequently (and also deconstructing everything). I also jumped all over making sets for people wanting to buy from a crafter either in guild or in zone chat, tho now I mainly see people "WTB Warlock items! Pst!"

In any case, do whatever works best for you. :smile:
    Edited by wayfarerb14_ESO on October 18, 2014 2:06PM
  • robeauch
    robeauch
    ✭✭✭
    A crafting partner would be ideal, but if you are reluctant to ask around, you have an alternative. You can get the same bonus by rolling up an alt to make stuff with your extra mats, which your main crafter deconstructs.

Since you're talking about tier 1 mats, your alt won't even need to allocate any points to the skill -- just have him use up all your extra ingots on daggers for you to deconstruct. Later, as your main crafter continues to level, you can just give the alt enough craft points to stay one tier behind your main.

Eventually your main will hit 50 in his crafting skill, and at that point, you can respec your alt to make better use of the points you no longer need for crafting.

A crafting partner would still be easier and faster, but barring that, a crafting alt will be a lot more efficient than trying to hit 50 from deconstructing your own items.
    Edited by robeauch on October 19, 2014 3:36AM
  • Osira
    Osira
    ✭✭
    Well I actually sold them, desconstructing was really underwhelming I could barely see the xp bar increasing lol