The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

DC Questing AMAZING, thank you Devs

Mopar63
Mopar63
✭✭✭
One of the things I hate about MMOs is that your character very truly feels like a part of the bigger world. You never truly feel heroic. The reason for this is that questing and story must be written for the massive audience and so that amazing RPG feel can get a bit muddled if not outright lost.

My first character play through was in AD as a Khajiit NB. As the story unfolded and I imagined the prospect of being that special forces kind of scout/black ops character I became engrossed and then gradually just disappointed. Oh I knew it was coming, ever MMO has the same issue of the storyline or game mechanics not hitting on the right notes for everyone and that was okay. However as I hit VR 1 I did not feel invested in the character any more and just was not interested in pressing on.

For my second character the RPer in me wanted to try something so I decided to build a classic, DnD Paladin build. I have seen a lot of people claim to do this type of build but when I look at their characters I see a toon that has been min/maxed to the game system owing little to actual character development as a Paladin. So for me I kept it traditional, I have a basic heal with Rushed Ceremony, I have Nova as my Ultimate (calling down God's Wrath) and then filled the rest with various fighters guild and weapon skills based on sword and board as well as two handed. This character will care for his people, protect them as he can and is the wrath of God on undead and Daedra.

I did not know the story lines for Daggerfall or Ebondheart but knew I wanted something new. I decided to make this character a Redguard and go through Daggerfall.

Now if you have not played through the Daggerfall quest line yet I will not provide any spoilers, I hope, but you do not know what you are missing. Out of the gate I felt like the quest line had been made for my character and it's build. I kept waiting for the eventual break of this feeling that all MMOs have but was amazed as the deeper I got into the quest line the more my character fit in perfectly the story drew me in.

When I hit the Alik'r Desert I thought I found where my character would break. The Redguard do not fight the undead, they consider it a shameful act. Well I thought that's okay my character could be a less devote follower of Redguard traditions but still I was kind of disappointed until.....

THE ASH'ABAH

Suddenly my Redguard Paladin made perfect sense, he fit perfectly into the world and holy crap the rest of the Alik'r Desert felt written just for my character. I still have one zone to go but if the general feel of the storyline holds true I am excited for what comes next.

In most MMOs you reach the upper levels, around 35 or so and a grind mentality sets in. Everything feels like it is more of the same and the pull forward is the next level, seldom the story. However right now the story and the investment I have in my character is what is driving me. I seek groups out to do Dungeons and Bosses with a vigor I did not have at this point with my Khajiit. I cannot wait when I sit down to the computer to see what is next for my character, what evil he must vanquish.

Thank you to the people that wrote this story arc and to the devs for bringing it to light for me. Thank you for a great game and one that is WORTH a monthly subscription fee.

Before I close I do have one request.... Can we please get a way to rename our toons. I kind of chunked together a name for this character because I was bored when I made him from my Khajiit experience and now I want him to be named something worth of a hero... or maybe not after all... True honor need not be named
True honor need not be named
  • Curragraigue
    Curragraigue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree the DC play through feels like a heroic storyline
    PUG Life - the true test of your skill

18 characters, 17 max level, at least 1 Stam and 1 Mag of every class, 1 of every race and 1200+ CP

Tanked to Undaunted 9+ Mag and Stam of every class using Group Finder for 90+% of the Vet Dungeon runs
  • Runefell
    Runefell
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm a little worried now, because I finally finished the Daggerfall storyline, and I absolutely was blown away. I'm sure the other two factions will have awesome stories as well, but perhaps my expectations will be too high. I only played the basic beginnings of the other two factions, though they both seemed extremely promising. Daggerfall just seemed like a natural fit for me, as it seems like the most solid of the three alliances. I love High King Emeric, with his dead-pan snark and easy-going attitude, and there were such amazing NPCs, like Darien, Skald the Knife, Jakarn and Irien, and more, NPC's that I actively kept an eye out, and was genuinely glad when they showed up again.

I have to admit, Rivenspire was my favorite storyline by far, it just felt so epic and the story was so prominent. (And it featured heavily featured Darien, my favorite NPC!).

I didn't think I'd like the Alk'r Desert, just because I usually don't like the desert landscape, but man, was that scenery ever gorgeous! I don't think I've ever seen desert worlds like that in a video game before.
    Rune Fell- Dunmer Mag Sorcerer (DC)~The Adventurer
    Runed Claws- Khajiit Stam Dragonknight (DC) ~The Tank
    Rain Fell- Argonian Mag Templar (EP)~ The Healer
    Dragon Talon- Bosmer Stam Nightblade (AD) ~ The DPS

• Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Runefell wrote: »
    I'm a little worried now, because I finally finished the Daggerfall storyline, and I absolutely was blown away. I'm sure the other two factions will have awesome stories as well, but perhaps my expectations will be too high. I only played the basic beginnings of the other two factions, though they both seemed extremely promising. Daggerfall just seemed like a natural fit for me, as it seems like the most solid of the three alliances. I love High King Emeric, with his dead-pan snark and easy-going attitude, and there were such amazing NPCs, like Darien, Skald the Knife, Jakarn and Irien, and more, NPC's that I actively kept an eye out, and was genuinely glad when they showed up again.

I have to admit, Rivenspire was my favorite storyline by far, it just felt so epic and the story was so prominent. (And it featured heavily featured Darien, my favorite NPC!).

I didn't think I'd like the Alk'r Desert, just because I usually don't like the desert landscape, but man, was that scenery ever gorgeous! I don't think I've ever seen desert worlds like that in a video game before.
    I agree, the Rivenspire storyline was great, and I also enjoyed the one through Alik'r. In my opinion, Ebonheart's storyline gets better after about halfway through Stonefalls, and I've enjoyed that one up to where I am right now in Shadowfen. The Aldmeri storyline is also great, with Greenshade being my favourite there so far. Daggerfall was still the best though :)
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Koensol
    Koensol
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Rivenspire was my favorite zone as well. Both in looks and in story/interesting characters. It really brings that dark fantasy feeling and I loved how it was being a bit different from the other lands in the game. It was one of the few stories where I actually cared about the characters. AD story picks up after auridon(which really sucks big donkey b@lls), but it's too much forest and treethanes for me to keep enjoying it.