Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

So i went to the Dragonstar Arena and all i got was this lousy bow.

His_Goatness
His_Goatness
Soul Shriven
Yo.

After spending considerable time in the Dragonstar Arena (normal mode i might add) today and finally beating it i, as many a fellow adventurer in the same place, could not wait to open that champion chest and get the leewtz.

What i endend up with was a blue nightwood bow, vr 13 with the precise trait....imagine my surprise.

Now i know ZOS does not seem to get along with this whole risk-vs-reward-concept, and after countless hours and runs trying to gather a wurmkult set and watching others beside me try and fail, after beating the vet crypt and getting only mediocre blue and useless purple items out of it, well... i am not sure anymore.

Doing content for the sake of challenge or just because or whatever: fine with me, but please, please give us at least something other than a crappy title (no new colour with it as well). Not that i ask for a legendary uber item or anything but something more than anything that is instantly deconstructed or vendored.

Fixplzkkthnxbai
  • Rylana
    Rylana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have to agree with the sentiment.

This Arena can take literally hours to complete because it is so long, has huge time gaps in between fights (30 seconds minimum between stages, not counting time between actual waves within stages), and in some battles require you to actually have a real strategy and not just AOE bomb everything.

If I am going to be playing a singular piece of content for 2-3 hours at a time (1 1/2 hours possibly with a really good group). I expect a bit more than a couple hundred gold, 10 soul gems that probably didnt replace what I used on my allies, and 10 pieces of random blue gear.
    Edited by Rylana on September 20, 2014 11:44AM
    @rylanadionysis == Closed Beta Tester October 2013 == Retired October 2016 == Uninstalled @ One Tamriel Release == Inactive Indefinitely
    Ebonheart Pact: Lyzara Dionysis - Sorc - AR 37 (Former Empress of Blackwater Blade and Haderus) == Shondra Dionysis - Temp - AR 23 == Arrianaya Dionysis - DK - AR 17
    Aldmeri Dominion: Rylana Dionysis - DK - AR 25 == Kailiana - NB - AR 21 == Minerva Dionysis - Temp - AR 21 == Victoria Dionysis - Sorc - AR 13
    Daggerfall Covenant: Dannika Dionysis - DK - AR 21 == The Catman Rises - Temp - AR 15 (Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade)
    Forum LOL Champion (retired) == Black Belt in Ballista-Fu == The Last Vice Member == Praise Cheesus == Electro-Goblin
  • kentgreigrwb17_ESO
    kentgreigrwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    It's fun though.
  • helediron
    helediron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    W00T, a blue nightwood VR13 bow from Arena end box! I can finally get rid of my Torug's Pact VR14 legendary powered fire staff with monumental legendary befouled enchantment!
    On hiatus. PC,EU,AD - crafting completionist - @helediron 900+ cp, @helestor 1000+ cp, @helestar 800+ cp, @helester 700+ cp - Dragonborn Z Suomikilta, Harrods, Master Crafter. - Blog - Crafthouse: all stations, all munduses, all dummies, open to everyone
  • Natjur
    Natjur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When I first cleared Dragonstar Arena normal, I got a crap loot.
    But Vet Dragonstar Arena, the loot is good after the first 6 bosses. Its worth farming that place.
    Edited by Natjur on October 10, 2014 4:07AM
  • G0ku
    G0ku
    ✭✭✭✭
    I finished Dragonstar Veteran Mode last night on EU server. In 10 stages I got 3 purple set-items all together. The loot after beating the endboss isnt even worth mentioning. I had two tries the days before when we didnt manage to kill Hiath the Battlemaster. The 18 rounds (2x9) of these two tries I got ONE purple set item the rest of these stages dropped blue V14 random crap for me.

It´s really not worth the effort if you go in there for the loot - it just isn´t. You pay to play there, you dont make profit in there - maybe if you´re really lucky all the time.

If I take in all costs for repairs, potions, bufffood then I would assume you´re lucky if you get out there +/- 0.

- First AD EU Group to finish DSA VET -
    AD Altmer V16 Templar Alliance Rank 30 - EU - DSA Conqueror (pre-nerf) flawless vMSA
    AD Argonian V16 Dragonknight Alliance Rank 15
    AD Bosmer V16 Nightblade Alliance Rank 16
    AD Kahjiit V16 Sorcerer Alliance Rank 10
    AD Dunmer V16 Dragonknight Alliance Rank 9
    AD Altmer V16 Templar Alliance Rank 10 - flawless vMSA
    DC Altmer V16 Sorcerer Alliance Rank 9 - flawless vMSA
    AD Breton V16 Templar Alliance Rank 10
    AD Altmer V16 Sorceress Alliance Rank 21
    AD Kahjiit Warden
    AD Altmer Nightblade
  • BEZDNA
    BEZDNA
    ✭✭✭✭
    Natjur wrote: »
    When I first cleared Dragonstar Arena normal, I got a crap loot.
    But Vet Dragonstar Arena, the loot is good after the first 6 bosses. Its worth farming that place.

I finished Vet Mode Arena twice, and i expected to get something realy god from last boss, cous it's extremely hard to beat him. Do you know what i got? vr13 sabbotons of footman, and vr13 sash of the healer... i have nothing to say about it, except that i know for sure, that ppl who work in itemization department have serious problems with logic!
    Edited by BEZDNA on October 10, 2014 6:21AM
  • tino.antoninieb17_ESO
    I simply dont get why ZOS dont appreciate fact that time and skill counts when it comes to rewards or people will not go through all that thing again. Quite strange is that ZOS is spending developers time to fill daily schedule for different players profiles , replayability is saving ZOS budget and only thing they have to do considering arena is to provide better loot and they still dont get it. In order to avoid major economic implications they should play with BOA, BOE thing.At least guy who spent 2 hours in Arena should get same amount of money after repairs which he would get from selling his crafting - everything is the same but he is not carpenter - he is warrior. I appreciate fact that ZOS wants to promote crafting but if u exclude fighting which is actual MMO glue you will not get much of content for players to party up.
    There are and there will always be people who do things for glory, those for money and in this case maybe those who wants to improve their chars ( through better gear which leads to more demanding content ) which is essence of this game.
    Edited by tino.antoninieb17_ESO on October 10, 2014 7:21AM
  • lpool96
    lpool96
    ✭✭✭
    If I only could have a couple of tomato's as loot of one of the bosses in a dungeon or arena it would make sense to repeat it. I'm desperate I need tomato's.
  • G0ku
    G0ku
    ✭✭✭✭
    I did it for glory, but at least at the point where you get the loot for beating the whole hardmode thing they should deactivate the stupid randomized drop of loot and give you an item which you can keep as a souvenir so you can remember an achievement.

Even if this items drops only on first time you beat it and its bind on equip.
    AD Altmer V16 Templar Alliance Rank 30 - EU - DSA Conqueror (pre-nerf) flawless vMSA
    AD Kahjiit Warden
    AD Altmer Nightblade
  • ZOS_JasonBarnes
    ZOS_JasonBarnes
    ✭✭✭
    Hey everyone!

ZOS_Jason here (not the ZOS_JasonLeavey with the magical hair unfortunately), but the one who helped design Dragonstar. We’ve been monitoring feedback and I’ve been speaking to our itemization team on this, and we have a couple of changes coming to DSA loot in an upcoming patch.

- All humanoids will now drop coin in both Normal and Vet mode. This should help alleviate the costs of running the Arena (and if you perform well enough, you’ll actually earn money now).

- Chests at the end of rounds will now have a chance of dropping Ornate items to sell. Higher value versions will be based off of if you are in VET mode or not, and what round you are on.

- All ability altering weapons that drop off of Hiath will be receiving a buff of additional stats added to them.

- The final chest should now always drop a Set Piece or the Special Weapon.

- VET: The final chest should now always drop V14 Set Pieces or the Special Weapons. This now includes Archers, Healers, Soldier, and Destruction sets.

We’ll continue to monitor things after this change goes live, but we hope this helps players feel a bit more rewarded for completing the arena.

~Jason
    Jason Barnes
    Zone Lead
    Staff Post
  • Sasky
    Sasky
    ✭✭✭
    Hey everyone!
    VET: The final chest should now always drop V14 Set Pieces or the Special Weapons. This now includes Archers, Healers, Soldier, and Destruction sets.

So is it only final round for VR 14 set items? It's a requirement to be VR14 to even enter vet arena, so when set items drop (whichever round) they should be VR14. All previous content with level recommendations would drop items within that level range.
    Sasky (Zaniira, Daggerfall Covenant)
    Addons: AutoInvite, CyrHUD, Others
  • Guppet
    Guppet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought the point of DSA was you got together with some friends, get some supplies (both in game and RL), get as equipped as you can (which considering everyone can craft legendary VR 14 set items, should be considerably equipped) get on TS, use some tactics and have a seriously challenging fun evening.

I must have missed the part where it's just supposed to be done for drops. Was that a patch note I missed, or was that a hot fix? People need to realise that with the crafting system as it is, the reward for running content will never be items.

Content for the fun of doing the content, I'm sure that existed once.
    Edited by Guppet on October 11, 2014 9:13AM
  • Yusuf
    Yusuf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guppet wrote: »
    I thought the point of DSA was you got together with some friends, get some supplies (both in game and RL), get as equipped as you can (which considering everyone can craft legendary VR 14 set items, should be considerably equipped) get on TS, use some tactics and have a seriously challenging fun evening.

I must have missed the part where it's just supposed to be done for drops. Was that a patch note I missed, or was that a hot fix? People need to realise that with the crafting system as it is, the reward for running content will never be items.

It is quite fun being on ts and clearing wave after wave but we also want to advance our toons and try out new builds and are exited for new setpieces.
    It motivates people who wipe a lot and let's be honest: you spend soulgems and potions even if you're pro so you should have means to restock somehow or get something of equal value.

The Arena itself is a loooooot of fun but the rewards are bullcrap (sorry for the harsh word, but what who the hell needs the exploration-trait at veteran-levels?).
    Other than that, when i kill v14 mobs i want v14 drops and not everyone has the time to be one of the top 2% of the Alliance-Leaderboards so that's that.

I will probably start playing in the Arena again once i get rewarded appropiately, with drops that aren't below my level.
  • G0ku
    G0ku
    ✭✭✭✭
    Guppet wrote: »

It is fun and very satisfying to beat Arena Vet Mode. But I think at least in the chest after you killed the final boss after a struggle for several hours you should get something special for beating it, wouldn´t you agree? Even if you don´t agree I bet you will as soon as you tried for more than two weeks and then finally made it.

Getting a Jack of Archers Mind V13 three times in a row for beating Hiath the Battlemaster while your teammate gets three special weapons in succession just feels like a punch in the ***. Am I weird to expect to get something "special" after achieving something "special" ? Dont get me wrong I´m still aware it´s just a game of bits and bytes.
    AD Kahjiit Warden
    AD Altmer Nightblade
  • TagaParti
    TagaParti
    ✭✭✭✭
    ok, imagine everyone who finished DSA to be getting purple vr14 warlocl ring, what will happen to our beloved game. stop complaning without knowing the consequences.
    Sheliza "The Unkillable"

Facebook Page for the Tournaments
    Elder Scrolls Online Tournaments
    Please search and hit Like to see future post and updates for the events
    youtube channel: tagaparti
  • G0ku
    G0ku
    ✭✭✭✭
    4th run with crap loot, no more funny

@TagaParti: I just want to get once the loot my teammates get, the special weapons. stop flaming without reading comprehension
    AD Kahjiit Warden
    AD Altmer Nightblade
  • Artis
    Artis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And I got some fun. It's all about your attitude :)
  • reften
    reften
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Doing the same thing over and over until the group runs the exact perfect combo of skills and gets lucky with crits is not fun IMO. I gave up hardcore pve content...now almost entirely PvP and getting reasonably attainable achievements.

Every time I see a note about a new trial or arenas...I just cringe. I guess a large enough portion of the player base likes that type of challenge. Maybe I'm just too old for that thing and played enough level based gaming as a kid that I'm worn out on that type of thing.
    Edited by reften on October 17, 2014 12:57AM
    Reften
    Bosmer (Wood Elf)
    Moonlight Crew (RIP), Misfitz (RIP), Victorem Guild

VR16 NB, Stam build, Max all crafts.

Azuras & Trueflame. Mostly PvP, No alts.

Semi-retired till the lag is fixed.

Love the Packers, Bourbon, and ESO...one of those will eventually kill me.