The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

The Prismatic Core is just the worst quest I've come across so far.

PEZ
PEZ
✭✭
For starters, it was bugged. I was told to meet Sees-All-Colors in Marbuk but the quest icon brought me to Rawl'kha. Couldn't figure it out for a few days until I abandoned and went back to where the NPC ran up to me to give me the quest.

Then you turn into some lame guy from the past who just so happens to have the same level, and skills, and gear as you; instead of using spirit cut scenes to explain what happened in the past, like the game has been doing for the past 40 hours.

Then you go the Earth Forge, where you follow Merric for no reason. You spawn at one end of the small map, and then run to the other end...okay. What was the point of that run?

Then you do this *** minigame where you stoke the fire, using half baked mechanics with no real consequence. I had no idea what I was doing, but the game prohibited me from overheating the furnace, even though Merric told me what to do if I did overheat it. So you just have to click on one of three objects over and over until you progress the next phase where skeletons attack.

How do they attack? They break down walls in the forge? How? I don't know, who the *** cares? Not the writers. How do the skeletons get over the lava? They fly. With their arms at their side. Seriously. They just "leap" over 30 feet of lava as if paralyzed, as if the animators said, "*** it, they need to get over this lava but I don't know how."

Then you fight a mini-boss. I can't really comment on how this fight went. I got stuck on a pipe in the floor the whole time, couldn't see ***, just spammed aedric spear until it was over.

After that you follow Merric again, until you meet Aeliff outside. Some talking, whatever, and then a loading screen. Seriously. You talk to Merric, say you want to leave, and then loading screen. No portal, not even a couple seconds delay where the dialogue window closes and Merric casts something or whatever. As soon as you say you're ready to leave, a loading screen cuts off the dialogue window and then you're back in Greenshade.

Just awful.
  • Master_Fluff
    Master_Fluff
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, the running after Merric felt kinda pointless. I was expecting Daedra attacks during the race from what he said about being on the lookut for enemies, but nothing. A bit disapointing, really.
    Halcyon Black