The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Arena (normal and harmode) dropping only VR13 gear?

• Sotha_Sil
    Sotha_Sil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    so from what I'm reading the Dragonstar Arena is great to do it once but rewards aren't worth it so. Let's do it once then and wait for next content.... how to waste millions of dollars on a game with no replayability. Come on ! think guys !
    Edited by Sotha_Sil on September 26, 2014 4:00PM
    Restoration is a perfectly valid school of magic, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise! - Spells and incantations for those with the talent to cast them!
  • Artis
    Artis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is intended that VR13 gear is dropping in Dragonstar Arena Veteran Mode, though there is a chance that you can receive some VR14 gear. This is not a bug, though we are open to hearing your feedback on this.

You should reward people for skill, not for desire to play in a large group. DSA is the only end-game PvE content for the small groups. It should have good rewards.

Didn't you say that we will play the way we want? So how about those who don't want to or have no leadership qualities to gather 12 people?
  • DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Artemis wrote: »
    It is intended that VR13 gear is dropping in Dragonstar Arena Veteran Mode, though there is a chance that you can receive some VR14 gear. This is not a bug, though we are open to hearing your feedback on this.

You should reward people for skill, not for desire to play in a large group. DSA is the only end-game PvE content for the small groups. It should have good rewards.

Didn't you say that we will play the way we want? So how about those who don't want to or have no leadership qualities to gather 12 people?

Well, it's not like the Trial gear is much better... IMO the itemization in this game needs a lot of work.

They nailed the challenge with veteran arena & Serpent Trial, now lets see adequate rewards from both :smile:
  • Stratti
    Stratti
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Really - As far as I'm concerned that is a near game breaker for me. It's getting harder to justify devoting time to this game when you make decisions like this

That is my honest feedback
  • Petros
    Petros
    ✭✭✭
    I can confirm that Vet mode, 6+, Purp VR14 SET jewelry does drop, but I have yet to see VR14 armor set, I only see jewelry.

My main concern though is...why can't I find Shield of the Footman?!?!?
    "Our light will bring the dawning of a new hope!" ~ Petros Fordring -The Order of Mundus
    - VR16 Imperial Dragonknight (DC -NA) & The One Handed Tank
  • Draxys
    Draxys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    What if ZOS were to add more set pieces to the loot tables? Would that give any more reason to repeat it? As of right now, there are only three or four sets that drop. If that were expanded, and those sets were VR14, that might possibly give people more reason to repeat it. Right now, it's fun but such a huge money and time sink. A more varied loot table might give people more of a reason to do it more than once. Just a thought.

rip decibel
  • xaraan
    xaraan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

My feedback is that it sucks. You have to be V14 to enter the vet arena, it should drop v14 gear. No question. Why bother doing the vet version over the regular then? - one "Possible" reward at the end isn't worth the work involved IMO, once we get the achieve, we are out until the rewards are better.

Also: You guys have the dungeons scaling to leader thing coming next update planned - don't forget to scale the loot to the level either. There will be quite a few bitter players if they have to run through V14 banished cells for the same v5 loot.
    -- @xaraan --
    nightblade: Xaraan templar: Xaraan-dar dragon-knight: Xaraanosaurus necromancer: Xaraan-qa warden: Xaraanodon sorcerer: Xaraan-ra
    AD • NA • PC
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I am almost certain I was not able to enter Dragonstar set to VR mode when I was only VR13. If my memory serves me correctly then it drops should be consistent with the level requirement. It should also be consistent with how gear drops in other VR instanced content where it drops to the players level within the level range for the content.

With that, we understand Zos has made comments they plan to address the poor reward vs risk setup. Making the VR arena consistent with other content would be a small start.
  • Artis
    Artis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    xaraan wrote: »
    Why bother doing the vet version over the regular then? - one "Possible" reward at the end isn't worth the work involved IMO, once we get the achieve, we are out until the rewards are better.

Why bother playing over working and earning money? Why do anything in game at all?
    I do Arena for fun, for example. I don't care about gear that much. It's challenging and fun, so I go there. However, I do think that rewards should be better. At least, we should have positive gold balance there. The way it is now is not satisfactory. If I do NOT die in a fight, I spend about 150 gold after each fight and I only get 69 gold from a chest. So I actually pay gold for running arena. Let's not forget that a group can not do so good - deaths, wipes, soul gems, more repairs.. I once spent about 10000 gold in one night just for repairs. You also need food and potions when you go there.
    Overall, the game forces me to get gold elsewhere (doing dailies or farming) in order to be able to go to Arena. So I have to do something I don't like so that I can do something I enjoy. Doesn't seem to be a good idea - it's a game after all.