The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Crypt of Hearts Final Boss

MrTtheDK
MrTtheDK
✭✭✭
I wanted to get feedback on the final boss of Crypt of Hearts. I ran the Dungeon with a DK Tank (V10), Templar Healer (V12), DK Duel Wield DPS (V11) and a NB DS DPS (V12). We ran train on every mob and boss in there (may have wiped once) until we came to the last boss. It was like fighting a brick wall. We wiped 4-5 times maybe getting him down 20 percent before calling it. Any suggestions on how you guys have downed him. Should we grab an off healer and change the tank to DPS for the last fight?
Main:
DC- Diablo Azul , Mr T

Alts: Nerf Something or Another

Guild: - Imperial City Police
RIP Guilds: Purple, WKB, Eight Divines, Rage, What Mechanics, Entropy Rising
Game: @TalosSeptim
  • yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tl;dr really weigh the fun you have in game vs the business practices you are supporting.
  • MrTtheDK
    MrTtheDK
    ✭✭✭
    Awesome video. I am going to have to start searching on twitch more often. Thanks!
    Main:
    DC- Diablo Azul , Mr T

• Qyrk
    Qyrk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    -Get out of red;
    -When he teleports, it's 100% he's going to do an AOE that you should stay out of.
    -When he summons his students, you can either AOE them down with the boss (using dmg mitigation) OR do rng focus on students first - unless you are going for achievement.
    -When he summons chains - just dodge out of it
    -Around 36%, just dps. DPS is key on this.
    Edited by Qyrk on September 28, 2014 10:28PM
  • xaraan
    xaraan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We actually 3 manned this a while back, once you get the mechanics down it's not too bad. We had a couple of sloppy deaths during the run, but we have no doubt we could do it with no deaths as a 3 man (well, even more so now I guess that we have V14 gear and stats).

http://youtu.be/MYcuw8nKyaQ

Qyrk pretty much gave a good rundown. Use callouts to make sure everyone is avoiding stuff. You stay out of the red, know that when he teleports to platform you are getting ads that need to be burned down asap before next ones come out. When he goes to shoot the big skull, we all yell block because you don't know who it will hit. Once he pulls sword you do as much dps as possible. As the tank it's great if he pulls me up as I have plenty of health and the dps guys can take him down fast, I try to remember to run soul assault ultimate to do decent dps (as the tank) in case someone else gets pulled up.
    -- @xaraan --
    nightblade: Xaraan templar: Xaraan-dar dragon-knight: Xaraanosaurus necromancer: Xaraan-qa warden: Xaraanodon sorcerer: Xaraan-ra
    AD • NA • PC
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This fight is all mechanics. I think most players have a similar story how the first time they tried this it was wipe city. Once you know the fight, it actually isn't that difficult
  • MrTtheDK
    MrTtheDK
    ✭✭✭
    Update: Thanks for the input guys. I revamped my character and ran as DPS and was able to clear the dungeon while getting two of the achievements (under 30 minutes and holding four adds before the sword part). We would have gotten the last one but one of our members died near the end (Bummer lol). We were v14, v14, v14 and v12.
    Main:
    DC- Diablo Azul , Mr T

• mousekime111rwb17_ESO
    I was lucky the first time I ran this, everyone else was experienced and we only wiped once during the final boss. It was mechanically intensive for me and I derped a few times, but with good call outs from my team it wasn't too difficult.