The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

REVENGE 4 Miranda!!!! (spoiler alert!!!)

Blÿthë_Sëgrëdô
For those of us (with the Daggerfall Covenant) who have quested in Stormhaven, at some point in time, came across or have completed this questline known as:
A Ransom for Miranda (Farangel's Landing/Soulriven Tower)
As a woman, I found this quest and it's follow up (known as: A Woman Wronged) totally heart breaking...!!!!
The questline starts when a man approaches you and seeks your help to rescue his wife, Miranda. Without going into a vast description about the quest, just know that as the story unfolds you will learn that Miranda's husband, Serge Arcole, (the quest giver) is an abusive and violent man. It is reviled that Miranda has in fact hired the guards around her as a means of protecting herself from her psycho-estranged spouse.
As part of the quest, you are asked to slip a poison into various mead barrels located around the property. In doing this, you poison Miranda and her guards. You must then "quickly" give Miranda the antidote or she will die. (I was not aware, but you are being timed and if you do not hurry...then you subsequently help aid her spouse in killing her....true story!)
The quest may end, with you collecting a sash from her dead body....if you fail like I did...tragically!!!!!!
What really makes me upset is the fact that often, when I enter into any given city across Tamriel, various NPCs will talk about or point out the shame of the situation related to the loss of Miranda. This hurts me to my very being; the soul of who I am. I hate how the questline just ended!!! Where is the revenge?!?!? Where is the part where I get to hunt down that low-life SOB and give him a taste of his own medicine at the end of my blade? It really offends me as a woman, to know that I AIDED this man in the shameless act of killing his wife and he just simply vanishes.....all the while I get to relive the entire experience, of the brutality, of the manner of Miranda's death. She is forever bound to my character and I am at a loss personally, as to the feelings related to her story and the fact that....
Serge Arcole....got away......
I want REVENGE 4 Miranda!
REVENGE 4 Miranda!
REVENGE 4 MIRANDA!!!!!

My hope and intent is simple...
Change the questline: Add an entirely new ending!
Perhaps, where a player can seek revenge for Miranda, the innocent victim, here. Also, personal revenge for being duped into aiding a violent man's ill will. He must pay for his corrupted heart!
It floors me that ESO would allow the quest to end the way it currently does....leaving a helpless female victim dead on the floor of her home; another causality of domestic violence.
  • Sandmanninja
    Sandmanninja
    ✭✭✭✭
    I love story arcs in television series and I think some quests that span regions would be cool and fun. Yes, the constant spamming by NPCs news of your victories (i.e. "Did you hear about the stranger saving the King") and anti-victories such as this is a bit tiresome.
    [Hard Mode Dungeoneers] is recruiting all players of all levels for this new Guild.
    THIS IS A NEW-BUT-GROWING GUILD. We are focused on doing vet pledges, vet dungeons, getting achieves, & doing hard mode bosses.
    Most active GMT+10 (Australia time zone) in the afternoon Mon-Fri and all day Sat/Sun.
    Pst/email for info/invites.
  • Blÿthë_Sëgrëdô
    I would love to been roaming around in Tamriel to suddenly and quite unexpectedly have a random NPC approach me....expressing that they know the current location of Serge Arcole....thus allowing for the questline to continue and granting me the total satisfaction of dealing with this slimy snake.....I'll let me blades do all the talking! <true story>
  • ettavolt
    ettavolt
    ✭✭
    Well, I would disagree with you, Blÿthë_Sëgrëdô. Look at this interior of guest house:
    eso_2014_10_06_19_57_28_81_240.jpg

Do you really think, that one nimble man would turn all that upside down? Across whole estate? Surely, destructions are made by 'security' - Midnight Union.
    Then we should ask ourselves a question - why do Miranda asked them to arrive?..

Side note: I've killed Serge, because he didn't even try to convince me, when I've entered the house. :smile: I think Zenimax can work a bit more on the quest.